Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
View Poll Results: Wat do you think aout Arians
Arians is perfect. No complaints. 0 0%
Arians has done some good and with a better O-line and Red Zone plays he might do well this year. 16 66.67%
Arians sucks all around. Fire him already. 8 33.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2010, 04:54 PM   #1
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Arians...vote

Am I the only one who thinks Arians has been developing Ben (he helped develop Manning). I think the Steelers have decent plays except because of the O-line he couldn't run when he wanted to. I agree they needed to work on their Red Zone playcalling.

People have been out to fire him since '07. lol So now you can vote.
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Arians...vote

Where's the proper poll that has The Patriots Suck and Tom Brady is gay as an option?
steelax04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelax04 View Post
Where's the proper poll that has The Patriots Suck and Tom Brady is gay as an option?
I'm hoping this is Arian's year. That aweful line hampered his playcalling. I'm excited. It is good that he has the pressure and the spotlight. Even with all of that' he still put up 23 PPG (12th in the league).

Imagine how good we will be with better running and Ben more focused (and looking the Best Arians has ever seen him).

The thing is it might be popular to jump on the fire Arians, he will suck this year but at the end of the year, I will look for this thread again. My prediction is one of the best offenses we've had in recent years once Ben comes back.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:09 PM   #4
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,523 Posts

if i were the steelers owner, i'd have fired his stupid ass DURING, the browns game ....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:19 PM   #5
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
if i were the steelers owner, i'd have fired his stupid ass DURING, the browns game ....
Do you think he will do better this year with a better O-line and Ben more focused or not?

I'm going to predict if we take the O stats from when Ben comes back and prorate it (and an extra quarter) we will be a top 10 offense.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #6
Downbylaw
Banned

Member Number: 16635

I dont think the O-line is all that Bad. Its not the best but its not as bad as they are portrayed.
Downbylaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:38 PM   #7
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
Do you think he will do better this year with a better O-line and Ben more focused or not?

I'm going to predict if we take the O stats from when Ben comes back and prorate it (and an extra quarter) we will be a top 10 offense.
what makes you think ben wasn't "focused" last year ?
my theory for much of last years rushing failures were largely caused by lack of practicing run blocking in practice.... mendenhall all but confirmed it when he said they were putting a lot more emphasize on running the ball in practice...is that a just a coincidence ? i mean after the boss commented on it and all....of course why would arians have wasted time practicing run blocking when your planning on throwing most of the time..

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:39 PM   #8
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,694 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post

Stupid is as stupid does.

No...He'll still make the bone headed decisions, like throwing every down in a blizzard.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:52 PM   #9
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
what makes you think ben wasn't "focused" last year ?
my theory for much of last years rushing failures were largely caused by lack of practicing run blocking in practice.... mendenhall all but confirmed it when he said they were putting a lot more emphasize on running the ball in practice...is that a just a coincidence ? i mean after the boss commented on it and all....of course why would arians have wasted time practicing run blocking when your planning on throwing most of the time..
I think Ben was focused last year...fine...but he will be even MORE focused and dedicated after this offseason. He did make some mistakes last year and he admits he can get better. Arians said that this is the best he has ever seen Ben look.
Perhaps I should have said "better calibrated".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Stupid is as stupid does.

No...He'll still make the bone headed decisions, like throwing every down in a blizzard.
I hope you are wrong and he is better. He has openly admitted that he was limited because of run effectiveness and made calls he otherwise wouldn't have made if the team was able to run. Maybe Adams (or Kugler) was helping the running game. This will be a good test Sunday as the Falcons are a top 10 defense against the run. Their weakness is the pass where they are in the mid to late 20s, I believe, so if we have to pass, let's do it. Robinson didn't play a single preseason game and said he won't feel ready until he actually plays his first game.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:59 PM   #10
SteelKnight
Team President

I am pleased with the poll results thus far. I think we will have a great year.

Arians has had to deal with a Bad line his whole tenure as OC. He has had to adapt his pass plays and cut back on the run because they just couldn't do it. It's been a while since we've had the confidence to run on 3rd and 3 yet we were doing it in the preseason. I hope the regular season can match that.

Watch the offense be prolific once Ben is back.