Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-10-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
Goat27
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16471
Default I love how they pick Bengals to win AFC North but...

When was the last time Chad Johnson (i.e. sorry Ochocinco) has done anything productive against the Pittsburgh Steelers?

Johnson has had just one 100-yard game and three touchdowns against the Steelers since Taylorís rookie season in 2003. Ike Taylor has owned Chad Johnson but you donít hear Ike talking trash. With the Steelers playing the Bengals twice a year, these statistics are not worth bragging about and are actually pathetic considering Johnson is supposedly Carson Palmerís number one target.

And as far as TO goes, let's see when he played for the Eagles, we beat them, he didn't do much, Deshea owned him, when he played for the Cowboys, he had a lucky TD, but Deshea owned him and won the game...so how do these experts pick the Bengals????
Goat27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124
Default Re: I love how they pick Bengals to win AFC North but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat27 View Post
When was the last time Chad Johnson (i.e. sorry Ochocinco) has done anything productive against the Pittsburgh Steelers?

Johnson has had just one 100-yard game and three touchdowns against the Steelers since Taylor’s rookie season in 2003. Ike Taylor has owned Chad Johnson but you don’t hear Ike talking trash. With the Steelers playing the Bengals twice a year, these statistics are not worth bragging about and are actually pathetic considering Johnson is supposedly Carson Palmer’s number one target.

And as far as TO goes, let's see when he played for the Eagles, we beat them, he didn't do much, Deshea owned him, when he played for the Cowboys, he had a lucky TD, but Deshea owned him and won the game...so how do these experts pick the Bengals????
I expect the Bengals will carry their poor playoff performance from last year into the 2010 season. Carson Palmer will continue to stink it up, and defenses will stop respecting Palmer as an 'elite' quarterback, and will instead focus on stopping Benson with 8 or 9 men in the box making rushing yards hard to come. The defense will get tired from being on the field longer and give up points in the second half of football games, especially late in the year.

Even in the regular season last year, the Bengals just got off to a fast start, but played just good enough down the stretch. They started 6-2, but finished 4-4. The second half last year, they scored the fewest points in the NFL.

Just adding a has-been like T.O. doesn't make this offense prolific. At this point in his career, he's not even that much of an upgrade over Coles. It wouldn't matter anyway, because without a decent quarterback to get him the ball, a wide receiver is pretty useless. Carson Palmer just isn't that guy. Palmer isn't good now, and in my honest opinion, I never thought he was that good in the first place. He's been pretty average.

The Bengals have never been a model of consistency under Marvin Lewis either. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but I don't know if it's the type of players, or Marvin's management style, but this team can just never keep its act together throughout an entire NFL schedule. From year to year, you never know what to expect from Cincinnati, and throwing T.O. into the mix really isn't going to help matters.

Combine the above factors with a tough schedule, and it looks as though the Bengals will be lucky to earn 8 wins, and I honestly expect worse. Probably 7-9, 3rd in the AFC North.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:16 PM   #3
Downbylaw
Banned

Member Number: 16635

Quote:

Johnson has had just one 100-yard game and three touchdowns against the Steelers since Taylorís rookie season in 2003. Ike Taylor has owned Chad Johnson but you donít hear Ike talking trash. With the Steelers playing the Bengals twice a year, these statistics are not worth bragging about and are actually pathetic considering Johnson is supposedly Carson Palmerís number one target.

I agree, it was always Henry and Housh who did the damage. Deshae didnt own anyone. That guy sucks and I'm sooo glad he is gone. Tired of the finesse corners. We got up on Philly so big in that game it was great. Loved it. That same year we smashed the Pats too. Held the ball for like 42 minutes, the running game was awesome. Ben to Plax, Townsend pick 6 on Brady. GO STEELERS
Downbylaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:36 PM   #4
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downbylaw View Post
I agree, it was always Henry and Housh who did the damage. Deshae didnt own anyone. That guy sucks and I'm sooo glad he is gone. Tired of the finesse corners. We got up on Philly so big in that game it was great. Loved it. That same year we smashed the Pats too. Held the ball for like 42 minutes, the running game was awesome. Ben to Plax, Townsend pick 6 on Brady. GO STEELERS
After rolling both Philly and the Pats I thought we were going all the way that year.
steelerchad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:39 PM   #5
Downbylaw
Banned

Member Number: 16635

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
After rolling both Philly and the Pats I thought we were going all the way that year.
Me too
Downbylaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:19 PM   #6
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Quote:

Well the fact that the Bengals swept us last year pretty much proves they can beat us without Chad Johnson showing up huge.

After this year the excuses will run out for Palmer. No more injury talk, if he doesn't show up and lead the pretty talented Bengals team to at least one win the playoffs I'm ready to write him off. The Bengals overall will be a to ugh foe for us to face, and they would have been without TO. Their defense is something to reckon with and if they can run the ball as well as they did last year they'll at least have a chance against some teams.

So to answer your question, I'd return a question, what experts are you complaining about that picked the Bengals? The Ravens are a far more trendy preseason pick and I imagine the reason why a lot of people think the Bengals have a chance to take the north is they went 6-0 in the division last year. I'd be very suprised if it happened again but it's not ludicrous to see them taking the division.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:39 PM   #7
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
I agree, it was always Henry and Housh who did the damage.
Agreed.

Quote:
Deshae didnt own anyone. That guy sucks and I'm sooo glad he is gone. Tired of the finesse corners.
I thought Deshea was a pretty descent CB back in the day (yikes, that was already over 10 years ago! getting old), and he had to be one of the most long-lived CBs in the game by the time he was cut this offseason.

He was not the best CB out there, but I still get a bit heartbroken when I see long-time Steelers leave the family. I have been watching Deshea for most of my serious football watching years.

Deshea almost never had good games against Tom Brady though, which used to annoy me to no end (I worked with an extremely obnoxious Pats fan at Naval Hospital who used to point out to me before every Pats/Steelers game that Brady is gonna pick on "poor old Deshea all night again").

Quote:
We got up on Philly so big in that game it was great. Loved it. That same year we smashed the Pats too. Held the ball for like 42 minutes, the running game was awesome. Ben to Plax, Townsend pick 6 on Brady. GO STEELERS
That was a great game against the Pats. We ruined their 21-game winning streak to boot....
Old 09-11-2010, 03:03 AM   #8
Goat27
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16471

Quote:
Deshae didnt own anyone. That guy sucks and I'm sooo glad he is gone

well let's see, when was the last time a corner had an INT for a TD?
what was TO numbers in those games?

correct me if i'm wrong but didn't he have more picks than the starting corners last yr?
Goat27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:11 AM   #9
joeyssteelcurtain
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11092

A lot of people are picking the ratbirds

"I'm BLACK and GOLD until I'm dead and cold"
joeyssteelcurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:20 PM   #10
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

The Ravens should be the favorites....

And about Deshae he was fine ....thats the same poster that said Darren Perry sucked?