Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS
View Poll Results: How much will Troy get
7.5 million per year 0 0%
8-10 million per year 10 66.67%
11-13 million per year 4 26.67%
14-17 million per year 1 6.67%
18-20 million per year 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Troys Contract

Putting off Woodley's contract might mean good bye to Wood because at the end of this season we must do Troy's contract.

With all the high contracts going on, I wanted to do a poll on how much you think Troy will get. Over his last contract he made a little over 7.5 million per year.

This past year has showed we need Troy and he'll get whatever he wants but the question is how much?
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
SteelKnight
Team President

Default Re: Troys Contract

I think Troy's a nice guy. Revis got 11.5. I think he'll settle for 12 million per year.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
I think Troy's a nice guy. Revis got 11.5. I think he'll settle for 12 million per year.
I highly doubt he'll get more than Revis. Revis is entering the prime of his career, and by next year, Troy will about to be entering the downside of his. I say he'll get somewhere around 10-11.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:48 PM   #4
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
I highly doubt he'll get more than Revis. Revis is entering the prime of his career, and by next year, Troy will about to be entering the downside of his. I say he'll get somewhere around 10-11.
I think he'll simply ask to be the highest DB. If that is 11.6, so be it but I think he will ask and the Steelers won't be able to bluff. He's so nice that he is lucky he has an agent to break legs for him. lol

Contract are getting crazy. Look at Miles Austin getting 9 million per year.

It's gonna be very hard to do Troy, Woodley, Ike, AND Timmons in one year. What if Timmons DOES have that break out year? Trouble for us.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:54 PM   #5
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Quote:
I think he'll simply ask to be the highest DB. If that is 11.6, so be it but I think he will ask and the Steelers won't be able to bluff. He's so nice that he is lucky he has an agent to break legs for him. lol

Contract are getting crazy. Look at Miles Austin getting 9 million per year.

It's gonna be very hard to do Troy, Woodley AND Ike in one year.
Ike is easily the odd man out. With Butler and Lewis behind him, both young with high potential, I don't see any reason to keep stone handed Ike around any longer. Thanks for your time Ike , but your services are no longer needed.

I predict Woodley get's franchised, and the Steelers will find a way to keep Troy. No way they'll let him go.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:01 PM   #6
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
Ike is easily the odd man out. With Butler and Lewis behind him, both young with high potential, I don't see any reason to keep stone handed Ike around any longer. Thanks for your time Ike , but your services are no longer needed.

I predict Woodley get's franchised, and the Steelers will find a way to keep Troy. No way they'll let him go.
I think I might agree with you. Prior to camp, I would have said No way but I didn't know about Lewis' development and Butler. I still would like to keep Ike if he can be signed for a reasonable price (5.5 million per). You can never have enough good corners.

I think they definitely do Troy's contract next summer (no way they let him hit the market or upset him with the tag). Woodley might be franchised or let go. It defends on Gibson and Worilds. IDK about Timmons. The better he plays the harder. Everyone can't get paid. That's why the Jets cut Faneca. His 8 million easily went to Revis.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:14 PM   #7
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Quote:
I think I might agree with you. Prior to camp, I would have said No way but I didn't know about Lewis' development and Butler. I still would like to keep Ike if he can be signed for a reasonable price (5.5 million per). You can never have enough good corners.

I think they definitely do Troy's contract next summer (no way they let him hit the market or upset him with the tag). Woodley might be franchised or let go. It defends on Gibson and Worilds. IDK about Timmons. The better he plays the harder. Everyone can't get paid. That's why the Jets cut Faneca. His 8 million easily went to Revis.
It usually takes a good 2 years to develop college DEs to NFL 3-4 OLBs. Woodley was definitely an exception to that rule, but it doesn't look like Gibson or Worilds coming along as quickly as him. I'd say the chances are, unless we're lucky, only one of them will work out, and they'll probably be used to replace the 32 or 33 year old Harrison.

But then again, I don't know if they would franchise Woodley, That would be really messed up to do to the guy. Here he is, at like 25, already probably the best OLB in the NFL, set to make just $560,000 this year, and arrives in on time camp with absolutely no complaints. I personally would not franchise a player with that kind of dedication and character. I would break the bank to keep him. But that's just me.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:58 PM   #8
Downbylaw
Banned

Member Number: 16635

Troy would never get Revis or Ndamdi money. He is too old. Plus he is a safety. Corners are more of a premium and draw bigger bucks. When safties get older they generally get sent packing. Guys like Dawkins, Rod Woodson, John Lynch ,Ronnie Lott etc
Downbylaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #9
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downbylaw View Post
Troy would never get Revis or Ndamdi money. He is too old. Plus he is a safety. Corners are more of a premium and draw bigger bucks. When safties get older they generally get sent packing. Guys like Dawkins, Rod Woodson, John Lynch ,Ronnie Lott etc
Heh Troy just turned 29. Hardly on the downside of his career yet. He'll get about 8-9 million per year. His frequent injuries will play into the contract discussion.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:16 PM   #10
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,536 Posts

well they're gonna have to do better than this...
Quote:
The contract numbers are in for Kansas City Chiefs rookie safety Eric Berry and they're big.

Very big.

Per Jason La Canfora of NFL Network, Berry received a six-year contract worth a maximum of $60 million.

That's a $10 million per-year average that I told you they wanted to hit.

The guaranteed portion is $34 million.

The contract makes him the highest paid safety in the history of the NFL.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote