Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-01-2006, 04:24 PM   #1
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Steelers and school!

We`ve made fun of some articles in newspapers about how kids were treated for wearing rivals clothing. Well I have a question for everyone, at my daughters school they sent home a newsletter announcing that Christian Schools week is next week. Everyday is a different theme, hat day, cross, spirit, and mis match monday. Well friday is Fantastic Fan Day, and you are to wear your favorite teams colors, and as much as possible. It also said that Steelers stuff will be tolerated, but not liked. And my daughters teacher mentioned to her in front of the class today, "Nobody likes the Steelers, and that if you wear it , you shouldn`t wear much."
My biggest problems with this is.
1. Why put in the newsletter, "It will not be liked" this just encourages the others to tease.
2. Its a Christian school , so why would you treat someone different based on thier team of choice?
3. I pat tuition , and I`ll be damned if they would ever stop her from wearing it.
4. Why would the teacher provoke the other kids even more, knowing my daughter is the only Steelers fan in the class?
Am I over reacting? Cause I`m pissed! I want to email the principal, but my daughter would rather i didn`t.
Also she is eleven, and she made up her mind to wear as much as she can get on. She is going with a Ben Jersey, Steelers beads and emblem, hat, watch, and yellow and bblack painted nails.
Thats my girl! Should I be pissed?? Just wondering!
Old 03-01-2006, 05:29 PM   #2
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Re: Steelers and school!

I'm thinking they are kidding, but in this day and age, who knows?
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:33 PM   #3
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

YOU SHOULD BE EXTREMELY PISSED!!! That is unbelievable from a Christian school. They are obviously putting football before God in that Jesus said "love one another" but the browns say "hate Pittsburgh." It's a double standard and the teacher should be reported for saying shit like that. Kids in Christian schools are extremely clique-y, more so than in public schools. I went to both and graduated from a "Christian" school and had to listen to their BS. It seemed to me that the kids that were a part of the church that was the base of the school thought they were so much better than the kids not from that church. They had some thought that they were more religious, pious, or something. I don't admit to being a priest but what kind of example of Christ's love is that? This is all still fresh in my mind since I graduated last June. Be pissed and report all this take up arms and talk to the administration for even saying that. If they try to play it off as a joke don't take it because it goes past that to mention that in a school newsletter. YOU pay their bills so YOU have a big say in what they can do and that is a something that should not be tolerated. Let me know what they say and I'll give any arguments I can. Let your daughter dress up proud in Black n Gold and tell her if any kids make fun of her have her ask why they have such issue and what team they like. If they say the browns just tell her to say "well the Steelers have 5 super bowl titles and won the super bowl this year. Can the browns say that?" If the kids are 11 they won't have a response but to go home and cry that the Steelers beat them yet again. Keep me updated. Peace.

BuFu
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:41 PM   #4
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,793 Times in 2,677 Posts

With all we hear about the need for tolerance and diversity, I bet Cleveland TV stations and the Plain-Dealer might see a story in the Steeler hating coming from a Christian school.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:50 PM   #5
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

I don't think I'd be pissed. I'd laugh my ass off at them. Both of my kids proudly wear their Steelers colors. My 7 year old son wears his Super Bowl Champs shirt the day after I wash it. He'd wear it everyday if he could.

I know if the kids here tried to make fun of my daughter for wearing Steelers stuff, she'd just laugh and ask them how many trophies has their team won?

As for the "christian" angle... Last year the priest at church prayed for an Eagles victory. LOL!

anyway... I'd say let her make the call on what to do. She deals with the kids and teachers everyday.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:56 PM   #6
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
We`ve made fun of some articles in newspapers about how kids were treated for wearing rivals clothing. Well I have a question for everyone, at my daughters school they sent home a newsletter announcing that Christian Schools week is next week. Everyday is a different theme, hat day, cross, spirit, and mis match monday. Well friday is Fantastic Fan Day, and you are to wear your favorite teams colors, and as much as possible. It also said that Steelers stuff will be tolerated, but not liked. And my daughters teacher mentioned to her in front of the class today, "Nobody likes the Steelers, and that if you wear it , you shouldn`t wear much."
My biggest problems with this is.
1. Why put in the newsletter, "It will not be liked" this just encourages the others to tease.
2. Its a Christian school , so why would you treat someone different based on thier team of choice?
3. I pat tuition , and I`ll be damned if they would ever stop her from wearing it.
4. Why would the teacher provoke the other kids even more, knowing my daughter is the only Steelers fan in the class?
Am I over reacting? Cause I`m pissed! I want to email the principal, but my daughter would rather i didn`t.
Also she is eleven, and she made up her mind to wear as much as she can get on. She is going with a Ben Jersey, Steelers beads and emblem, hat, watch, and yellow and bblack painted nails.
Thats my girl! Should I be pissed?? Just wondering!
I can understand how you would be upset, Cleve. You love your daughter. However, I think she has her mind made up to proudly wear the Black 'n Gold, and from what you posted, I think she will be able to handle herself quite well. I like her!

If all else fails, kick some ass...(lol)!
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:13 PM   #7
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
I'm thinking they are kidding, but in this day and age, who knows?
They aren't kidding if a teacher says "Nobody likes the Steelers, if you wear that you shouldn't wear much." That is a directly biased and uncalled for comment by a teacher to a student. Teachers are supposed to be admired and trusted and with a teacher saying something that is against the parents's good teaching (GOOD TEACHING YOUR KID TO BECOME A STEELERS FAN CLEVE) than it sets the child up in a paradox and increases their chance to fail.

BuFu
Old 03-01-2006, 06:21 PM   #8
melroseplace
Team Captain

Member Number: 520

tell your daughter that if any of her classmates or teachers say anything about her wearing Steelers gear to say, "what was the score the last time the Steelers played the Brownies? oh that's right 41 to NOTHING". can't argue much with that.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:26 PM   #9
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by melroseplace
tell your daughter that if any of her classmates or teachers say anything about her wearing Steelers gear to say, "what was the score the last time the Steelers played the Brownies? oh that's right 41 to NOTHING". can't argue much with that.
I`ll remember that. And will let her knoe!

And I appreciate everyones comments. I was hoping that it just wasn`t me. The principal really doesn`t care to much for me anyone, i don`t think. i have a problem of speaking my mind now and then! Oh well
Old 03-01-2006, 06:50 PM   #10
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
I`ll remember that. And will let her knoe!

And I appreciate everyones comments. I was hoping that it just wasn`t me. The principal really doesn`t care to much for me anyone, i don`t think. i have a problem of speaking my mind now and then! Oh well
You did good by speaking your mind and I would consider looking into a new school for your daughter if the administration and the teachers are so short-sighted that they do what they did. Tell the entire state of Ohio if you have to...better yet just tell Pittsburgh. I'll bet there will be plenty of people there that will come out for you.

BuFu