Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

View Poll Results: What sould Tomlin do?
Stick with Dixon 31 72.09%
Go to Batch for the rest of the games. 12 27.91%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Official Time for Batch vote

OK. You saw the game.

Dixon looks like a rookie. His legs are not offering us any advantage. He is severely limiting Arians. He made SEVERAL poor throws. He offers no advantage over Batch.

Time for the switch. Vote now.
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:45 PM   #2
truesteelerfan
Team Captain

Member Number: 11218
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Official Time for Batch vote

In week one, a win is a win IMO.....He's only going to get better..and this win should help his confidence. The only think I think that limits Ariens,is Arien's lack of imagination...Batch would probably not have underthrown so many passes, but would likely leave us with only 1 QB once he's injured. Dixon will get better with practice....
truesteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:46 PM   #3
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

I'm one of the few fans Batch has left, and I have never been impressed with Dixon. I could never understand the hype after the Ravens game last year. And I believe he will cost us a game before it's over.

However, there's something to be said for sticking with one QB. So as much as I hate to say it, stay with Dixon.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
SmashmouthFootball
Starter

Member Number: 12020

I disagree, he did look like a rookie, but he also had his moments.

I think the key will be to see how he progresses from game to game in the regular season. If he improves next week and is better, we'll know we have something. Plus, even though we limit the way he can use his mobility, we could potentially need it more than ever if Starks can't go next week.

In the end, it's not a HUGE deal one way or the other. We only have three more games to go without Ben, one is against Tampa which shouldn't be much of an issue as long as the team doesn't overlook them...our defense proved today that it is back in a big, big way and Mendenhall showed what he can do. I don't think a major shakeup is a good thing at this point. Just try to get through the next three games, 3-1 would be a HUGE success and is very attainable.
SmashmouthFootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

It's not really a matter of Batch or Dixon ?, it's more of the rest of the Steelers pulling together big-time now (especially the veterans) -just like Hines Ward, and Troy did today ... to help out our 3rd-string QB's.
Our "Running" game is paramount.
but no doubt, WE need both Batch and Dixon healthy now, more than ever !

Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #6
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

Obviously, we won a tough game today against the dirty-birds with Dixon in all day.

I'm sure if our veteran BATCH was in instead today, the poll would 80% for him too. ?
So, no offense, but your "poll" is rather useless? -dare i say
;)
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:57 PM   #7
Downbylaw
Banned

Member Number: 16635

I love when I said Batch should start due to experience and most were against me. Oh how the tides have changed. Again. all we need is a LITTLE from the qb. We are good. Ben has been winning like this MOST of his career. You guys act like this is new. Go back to last year and look at the Bears, 2nd Browns game, 2nd Ravens game, Vikings game and Titans game. Offensively it looked just like today.
Downbylaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:01 PM   #8
The Lakelander
Starter

Member Number: 1503

In fairness, Dixon was pinned inside the 10 yard line in the 1st Half almost every drive ...

If you are going to play to lose, you let Dixon make his mistakes down deep in our own end ...

The coaching staff played it to win at home ... they played it conservatively ...

Who can really complain about that?

Dixon needs to stay in there ... he needs to grow through confidence and experience ...

His QB rating is higher than Matt Ryan's already ...
The Lakelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:04 PM   #9
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119

Quote:
Originally Posted by truesteelerfan View Post
In week one, a win is a win IMO.....He's only going to get better..and this win should help his confidence. The only think I think that limits Ariens,is Arien's lack of imagination...Batch would probably not have underthrown so many passes, but would likely leave us with only 1 QB once he's injured. Dixon will get better with practice....
There were several plays that required a simple pass to the open recever. Batch, wile he floats the ball, can make those passes. Dixon can't...yet. He needs playing time.

The one advantage I thought Dixon was going to offer us was his legs. He didn't have any advantage with is legs. None.

Yes...he will get better with practice and if we were talking about a 16 game season, I would say play him and maybe by game 8, we'll see te fruits but we don't have time to allow theis 4 game stretch to be an experiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe View Post
I'm one of the few fans Batch has left, and I have never been impressed with Dixon. I could never understand the hype after the Ravens game last year. And I believe he will cost us a game before it's over.

However, there's something to be said for sticking with one QB. So as much as I hate to say it, stay with Dixon.
You guys are all feeling the euphoria of the win and are not thinkig straightly. lol If we had lost, would you feel the same way? lol
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #10
ajs8207
Starter

Member Number: 2795

Batch can't make that 52 yard pass to Wallace. That pass was perfect. Dixon's legs cause defenses to try to contain him, limiting pass rush and run defense.
ajs8207 is offline   Reply With Quote