Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 09-12-2010, 06:11 PM   #1
atljbo1
Water Boy

Member Number: 16757
Default Good Game (Falcons Fan)

Falcon fan here... Just want to say Good game Steelers fan's... It was a hard fought game like i thought but you guys pulled it off ( got the win) .

Tell me.. What do you guys think about the Falcons team ?

Sidenote: I have no idea where our Offense went.... That steel curtain D got us.
atljbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #2
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,023 Times in 3,356 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Good Game (Falcons Fan)

good game bro. I thought the atlanta team was impressive, stayed in the game till the end on the road against our team. things possibly could have ended differently if it was played on your homefield.

i really thought it was evenly matched and figured it would come down to who could make a play first, and mendenhall was pretty much held in check until that final run. falcons D deserves credit though, a lot tougher than I expected.

they didn't have much success against the steeler D but matt ryan did throw for 250 yds which is better than most QB's do against the steeler defense when they're healthy. Though our D held the man in check that was their biggest threat (turner), if we didn't stop him we lose. I expect the falcons to be a playoff team this year.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
Slanted August
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13535

The receiver Roddy White is the real deal.

The rookie LB Whitherspoon (sp) looks like he will be good.

The game could have gone either way.

I am happy Norwwod did not get loose on any returns.

Last edited by Slanted August; 09-12-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Slanted August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:24 PM   #4
SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13033

Quote:
Originally Posted by atljbo1 View Post
Falcon fan here... Just want to say Good game Steelers fan's... It was a hard fought game like i thought but you guys pulled it off ( got the win) .

Tell me.. What do you guys think about the Falcons team ?

Sidenote: I have no idea where our Offense went.... That steel curtain D got us.
Your Falcons are a good football team, and the sky's the limit with them. Ryan was under pressure, but didn't crack - I LOVE those Defensive struggles. I figured your running game would have difficulty against our front 7, but Roddy White was a beast all game long. I'm just glad we didn't give up any long ones to him... Your D played MUCH better than I expected. Sure, we all knew Dixon would have some growing pains, but it wasn't just his inexperience - you guys made us earn all 15 points.

I agree with Fire Arians - I fully expect you guys to be a playoff team this year. And it's classy to come to your opponents' forum with respect. Good luck this season, and BEAT the RAVENS!!!
SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:25 PM   #5
atljbo1
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanted August View Post
The receiver Roddy White is the real deal.

The rookie whetherspoon (sp) looks like he will be good.

The game could have gone either way.

I am happy Norwwod did not get loose on any returns.

Yea .. I know... What hurt most Falcons fans are the 3 ints we could have had.

Man... Troy P is a BEAST
Old 09-12-2010, 06:26 PM   #6
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,917 Times in 777 Posts

Of course, the score speaks for itself. They came in here and played well enough to win. Rice had an amazing game and Ryan stepped up in many throws.

However, as underdogs and judging how I thought Atlanta could light it up with their weapons, I feel they underachieved and got severely out played. If Dixon hits accurate throws, then things could have been different. We had so many opportunities against your D with inconsistencies of the QB position but my hats off to you for hanging in there on the road, even though noone gave us a chance as underdogs. Atlanta is still a work in progress and with Ben in the lineup, could have gotten blown out today.

I feel they will push the WC contention this year, but nonetheless, great showing and great game. Good luck to you the rest of the way!
Old 09-12-2010, 06:38 PM   #7
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

Falcon's defense impressed me. We don't have the most explosive offense, especially with Dixon at the helm, but I thought going in we could but a couple in the endzone. It looks to me that Atlanta is built more to compete within the NFC South though. You guys have a smaller/quicker d-line and some linebackers that can go sideline to sideline and play well in space. Appears to me you match up better with finesse/passing teams like New Orleans, Tampa Bay and St. Louis for the most part.

On offense you o-line did a pretty decent job of slowing our pass rush. Turner was never going to make much of an impact in the game (most opposing teams running backs don't) so it was important that Matt Ryan stay upright. Roddy White looke good also today.

The Dirty Birds should compete for the NFC South and push for atleast a wildcard spot.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:46 PM   #8
atljbo1
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Of course, the score speaks for itself. They came in here and played well enough to win. Rice had an amazing game and Ryan stepped up in many throws.

However, as underdogs and judging how I thought Atlanta could light it up with their weapons, I feel they underachieved and got severely out played. If Dixon hits accurate throws, then things could have been different. We had so many opportunities against your D with inconsistencies of the QB position but my hats off to you for hanging in there on the road, even though noone gave us a chance as underdogs. Atlanta is still a work in progress and with Ben in the lineup, could have gotten blown out today.

I feel they will push the WC contention this year, but nonetheless, great showing and great game. Good luck to you the rest of the way!
I respect that.

I feel like our Coaches (and play calling) called a "safe" game because we were going against Dixon instead of Big Ben.

For some reason the Coaches was playing like "lets just win the field position battle" instead of just going out there and playing.

One thing i will say...The fact that you guys stopped the run with your front 7 most of the time... We wasnt able to go deep allot because we couldnt force your safeties to come up so we couldnt go deep.

I agree.. The Offense underachieved tho..
Old 09-12-2010, 06:46 PM   #9
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by atljbo1 View Post
Yea .. I know... What hurt most Falcons fans are the 3 ints we could have had.

Man... Troy P is a BEAST
White was a one man team today. He's gonna be the play maker for the Falcons.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:54 PM   #10
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248

I can't say anything good about the Falcons defense because we were hindered by what was equivalent to a 12 year old quarterback back there.

Roddy White is a beast. Your offensive playcalling is on-par with ours (i.e. terrible). That's being brutally honest.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote