Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Jeff Reed is very annoying

That miss of what should have been an easy field goal should tell people that he needs to be replaced next year. He almost cost us yet another game. And don't tell me he hit that 50 yarder earlier. So what? He needs to be money under pressure like so many people on this forum say that he is and he blew it. And then he follows it up later with a kickoff that didn't make the 10 yard line and the returner got a running start at the worst possible time. Thank god for the defense holding the Falcons in OT. I had that sick feeling I kept getting last year at the end of games.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
hammy36
Water Boy

Member Number: 15388
Default Re: Jeff Reed is very annoying

Sorry but a 40 yard fg at the open end of heinz is anything but an "easy" field goal. Don't forget that Mr. Reed was the only one scoring for us today and the 53 so what yarder was clutch...not to mention 1/3 of what kept us in the game. I can understand the frustration for sure but calling for a guys head in that circumstance is jumping the gun a tad don't ya think. Why not call out the O for not getting that first down to keep the drive going and allow for a shorter try?
hammy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:14 PM   #3
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy36 View Post
Sorry but a 40 yard fg at the open end of heinz is anything but an "easy" field goal. Don't forget that Mr. Reed was the only one scoring for us today and the 53 so what yarder was clutch...not to mention 1/3 of what kept us in the game. I can understand the frustration for sure but calling for a guys head in that circumstance is jumping the gun a tad don't ya think. Why not call out the O for not getting that first down to keep the drive going and allow for a shorter try?
Concur. When Reed attempted a 52-53 yarder I almost thought it was a ploy. Did they forget that they were at Heinz Field?

Dead center and probably good from 58-59.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #4
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

The offense actually screwed reed on this. Redman was stopped short, but kind of ran more to the right, causes Reed to kick from the right hashmark, which shouldn't matter, but the wind was comming from left to right and when Reed kicked the ball, he can't kick it completely to the left because it will get blocked, kickers have to have some skill at this to not get the ball blocked. The ball went as left as he could get it, but the wind just took it back to the right.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:29 PM   #5
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

that wind was nasty.. don't write him off yet.. he had that bad game in Chicago in week 2 last year and came back strong for the rest of the season.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:36 PM   #6
Merchant
Team Captain

Member Number: 15019

I thought it was a good kick.. it looked like it was going to go dead centre, then did you see how the wind completely carried it wide right? Hard kick to make with that kind of pressure and wind conditions.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:37 PM   #7
rich4eagle
Starter

Member Number: 399
My Mood: Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
That miss of what should have been an easy field goal should tell people that he needs to be replaced next year. He almost cost us yet another game. And don't tell me he hit that 50 yarder earlier. So what? He needs to be money under pressure like so many people on this forum say that he is and he blew it. And then he follows it up later with a kickoff that didn't make the 10 yard line and the returner got a running start at the worst possible time. Thank god for the defense holding the Falcons in OT. I had that sick feeling I kept getting last year at the end of games.
I agree with assessment of Reed, he lost US a place at playoffs last year with his inablility to slow a runner down. He lost todays game by not making a simple kick and we overshadowed as we won by others which should have not been needed

Reed is liability on this team........and hopefully he will be gone sooner than later
rich4eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #8
The Lakelander
Starter

Member Number: 1503

Wow ... no love for Reed.

One thing's for sure ... he's had a few regrettable kicks at clutch moments dating back to the Chicago loss last season ...
The Lakelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #9
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

I just don't care much for Reed. So I bash him every time I can.

Actually I know he is going nowhere just like Arians is going nowhere to my chagrin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
that wind was nasty.. don't write him off yet.. he had that bad game in Chicago in week 2 last year and came back strong for the rest of the season.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,561 Times in 3,985 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich4eagle View Post
I agree with assessment of Reed, he lost US a place at playoffs last year with his inablility to slow a runner down. :
what game, exactly, was that?