Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend
 
LVSteelersfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 3,541
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6620
Thanks: 7
Thanked 487 Times in 341 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Jeff Reed is very annoying

That miss of what should have been an easy field goal should tell people that he needs to be replaced next year. He almost cost us yet another game. And don't tell me he hit that 50 yarder earlier. So what? He needs to be money under pressure like so many people on this forum say that he is and he blew it. And then he follows it up later with a kickoff that didn't make the 10 yard line and the returner got a running start at the worst possible time. Thank god for the defense holding the Falcons in OT. I had that sick feeling I kept getting last year at the end of games.
__________________

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
hammy36
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 44
Member Number: 15388
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Jeff Reed is very annoying

Sorry but a 40 yard fg at the open end of heinz is anything but an "easy" field goal. Don't forget that Mr. Reed was the only one scoring for us today and the 53 so what yarder was clutch...not to mention 1/3 of what kept us in the game. I can understand the frustration for sure but calling for a guys head in that circumstance is jumping the gun a tad don't ya think. Why not call out the O for not getting that first down to keep the drive going and allow for a shorter try?
hammy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:14 PM   #3
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 156 degrees 17' 30" W 20 degrees 55' N
Posts: 1,749
Member Number: 1645
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Jeff Reed is very annoying

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy36 View Post
Sorry but a 40 yard fg at the open end of heinz is anything but an "easy" field goal. Don't forget that Mr. Reed was the only one scoring for us today and the 53 so what yarder was clutch...not to mention 1/3 of what kept us in the game. I can understand the frustration for sure but calling for a guys head in that circumstance is jumping the gun a tad don't ya think. Why not call out the O for not getting that first down to keep the drive going and allow for a shorter try?
Concur. When Reed attempted a 52-53 yarder I almost thought it was a ploy. Did they forget that they were at Heinz Field?

Dead center and probably good from 58-59.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #4
lionslicer
Team President
 
lionslicer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,371
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12850
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Jeff Reed is very annoying

The offense actually screwed reed on this. Redman was stopped short, but kind of ran more to the right, causes Reed to kick from the right hashmark, which shouldn't matter, but the wind was comming from left to right and when Reed kicked the ball, he can't kick it completely to the left because it will get blocked, kickers have to have some skill at this to not get the ball blocked. The ball went as left as he could get it, but the wind just took it back to the right.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:29 PM   #5
jjpro11
Living Legend
 
jjpro11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Near Cleveland
Posts: 4,076
Member Number: 3559
Thanks: 0
Thanked 168 Times in 78 Posts
Default Re: Jeff Reed is very annoying

that wind was nasty.. don't write him off yet.. he had that bad game in Chicago in week 2 last year and came back strong for the rest of the season.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:36 PM   #6
Merchant
Team Captain
 
Merchant's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 859
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15019
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Jeff Reed is very annoying

I thought it was a good kick.. it looked like it was going to go dead centre, then did you see how the wind completely carried it wide right? Hard kick to make with that kind of pressure and wind conditions.
__________________
Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:37 PM   #7
rich4eagle
Starter
 
rich4eagle's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 505
Gender: Male
Member Number: 399
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
My Mood: Worried
Default Re: Jeff Reed is very annoying

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
That miss of what should have been an easy field goal should tell people that he needs to be replaced next year. He almost cost us yet another game. And don't tell me he hit that 50 yarder earlier. So what? He needs to be money under pressure like so many people on this forum say that he is and he blew it. And then he follows it up later with a kickoff that didn't make the 10 yard line and the returner got a running start at the worst possible time. Thank god for the defense holding the Falcons in OT. I had that sick feeling I kept getting last year at the end of games.
I agree with assessment of Reed, he lost US a place at playoffs last year with his inablility to slow a runner down. He lost todays game by not making a simple kick and we overshadowed as we won by others which should have not been needed

Reed is liability on this team........and hopefully he will be gone sooner than later
rich4eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #8
The Lakelander
Starter
 
The Lakelander's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 478
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1503
Thanks: 7
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Jeff Reed is very annoying

Wow ... no love for Reed.

One thing's for sure ... he's had a few regrettable kicks at clutch moments dating back to the Chicago loss last season ...
The Lakelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #9
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend
 
LVSteelersfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 3,541
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6620
Thanks: 7
Thanked 487 Times in 341 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Jeff Reed is very annoying

I just don't care much for Reed. So I bash him every time I can.

Actually I know he is going nowhere just like Arians is going nowhere to my chagrin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
that wind was nasty.. don't write him off yet.. he had that bad game in Chicago in week 2 last year and came back strong for the rest of the season.
__________________

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,882
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,156
Thanked 9,561 Times in 3,985 Posts
Default Re: Jeff Reed is very annoying

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich4eagle View Post
I agree with assessment of Reed, he lost US a place at playoffs last year with his inablility to slow a runner down. :
what game, exactly, was that?
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts