Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 09-12-2010, 11:38 PM   #1
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528
Default Posting on other teams' message boards

I confess, i have schaudenfraude. So one of the things i like to do is go on the losing teams' message boards and read about their misery; its puts a small smile on my face.

On the Falcon's board tonight, I noticed a familiar Steeler fan's user name that frequently posts on a rival Steelers message board. He is in general, a "praise" prostitute. He loves hearing what great comments he has and how knowlegeable he is about football. But if you really read what he writes, he actually knows jack-shite. For example, last year, he went on a two week rant criticizing the Steelers for signing Max Starks and not Kahlif Barnes as the LT - (Barnes is currently a backup guard in Oakland) Of course, he never brings up this subject anymore.

Well tonight, he's on the Falcon's board telling them that they have a great team, and its only one loss, and blah, blah, blah ... Of course, the stupid Falcon fans are eating this stuff up and giving this prostitute exactly what he wants ... "you are classy", etc...

My question is ... do any of you guys do this? Do you guys post stuff on other teams message boards and if you do - why? I can understand wanting to stand up for the Steelers when you think we are being unfairly represented but do you guys go to praise their team just so you can get some praise back? Seriously?
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:48 PM   #2
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,148 Times in 863 Posts
Default Re: Posting on other teams' message boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
I confess, i have schaudenfraude. So one of the things i like to do is go on the losing teams' message boards and read about their misery; its puts a small smile on my face.

On the Falcon's board tonight, I noticed a familiar Steeler fan's user name that frequently posts on a rival Steelers message board. He is in general, a "praise" prostitute. He loves hearing what great comments he has and how knowlegeable he is about football. But if you really read what he writes, he actually knows jack-shite. For example, last year, he went on a two week rant criticizing the Steelers for signing Max Starks and not Kahlif Barnes as the LT - (Barnes is currently a backup guard in Oakland) Of course, he never brings up this subject anymore.

Well tonight, he's on the Falcon's board telling them that they have a great team, and its only one loss, and blah, blah, blah ... Of course, the stupid Falcon fans are eating this stuff up and giving this prostitute exactly what he wants ... "you are classy", etc...

My question is ... do any of you guys do this? Do you guys post stuff on other teams message boards and if you do - why? I can understand wanting to stand up for the Steelers when you think we are being unfairly represented but do you guys go to praise their team just so you can get some praise back? Seriously?
I was over on a Falcon board since Monday and I think it's pretty straight forward as to why I was there. It's VERY entertaining and just interesting to see another fans views on what they think of our team and how they "know" and "how" their going to beat us.

For me personally, talking about the Steelers is where I'm mostly at and where I spend all of my time. But in a nutshell, things get stale and when the same things are said daily and weekly, in our case, over 90% of our board turns into a fist fight on Roethlisberger. It's good to go on other teams boards and examine how they act and how they approach their game against us and their views on themselves.

Going into enemy territory is fun and the possibilities are endless since it's the variety of topics that could be touched upon rather than talking STRAIGHT Steelers here 24/7. Instead, you talk more of Steelers VS opponent and you really do learn something new everyday on different mentalities of other teams fans.

Plus, when you read a comment that just INFURIATES you to no end, you are even MORE fired up for gametime only because when things go down in our favor, you KNOW that person is eating crow no matter what, and vice versa. It's all in good fun and the week goes faster by doing so.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:48 AM   #3
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,307 Times in 1,829 Posts

i think i found the post / poster , to which you are referring too...
http://life.atlantafalcons.com/topic...aining-season/

christ , the guy wrote a freakin novel ...

i don't post on other team boards, but i do enjoy the meltdowns that follow a lose ...

Quote:
My god the Steeler fans are more excited about our team then we are, I wish more people on here thought like them.

on mularky

Quote:
We should have won that game, the play calling was So vanilla it was pathetic.

Take the trainingn wheels off matt. Mularkey is the problem, we have the weapons and he keeps calling this SAFE BULL$HIT plays nd will not take a chance., Safe does not win games. WE WERE THE BETTER team and we should have WON.

MULARKEY HAS TO GO .. :angry:
Quote:
Mularkey is full of Mularkey! Any way we could fire him and get someone good imediately? haha
Quote:
If coach Smith wants to keep his job, he has got to get the balls to fire some people, Mike Mularkey should be gone by tomorrow....
they also go on to shred there offensive line , micheal "the burner" turner , and their shiney knew high dollar CB, dunta robinson, and their 1st rd DT

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 09-13-2010 at 01:00 AM.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:55 AM   #4
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post

i don't post on other team boards, but i do enjoy the meltdowns that follow a lose ...

I decided to go check out the "GO-BENGALS" message board since they got trounced to see what Bunghole fans has to say about it since the media was singing their praises all off-season.

Their game thread was a thing of beauty. Noone could write a better script for it.

The first minutes they were all high on koolaid singing praises and kumbiya on how their going to the Super Bowl and the next 30 pages that follow just gets worse and worse with how disgusted they were and how much they suck and have no hope. Lmao, priceless.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:07 AM   #5
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:

on mularky

they also go on to shred there offensive line , micheal "the burner" turner , and their shiney knew high dollar CB, dunta robinson, and their 1st rd DT
I strongly f_cking hate posts and fans like that. "OH NO'S, WE LOST, LETS GO ON A TIRADE ABOUT EVERY PLAYER AND COACH ON THE ROSTER! GRAB THE GASOLINE!"

It just makes a fanbase sound so pathetic and ignorant towards the game of football. Watch next week they'll go out and have a convincing win and everyone will be back on the bandwagon. Sickening that they don't understand that the Steelers are a dangerous team and that if you force the handle on us, then we will sh!t down your throat. Mularky knows us too well. Him or anyone other coach wouldn't of called some risky shit in a FG fest that would of been decided by one lousy mistake. They moved the ball, but played into the Steelers hands. CREDIT PITTSBURGH!
Old 09-13-2010, 01:10 AM   #6
Wallace108

Member Number:

Personally, I don't post on any opposing teams' message boards. But we have some Clowns, Ratbirds, and Bungles fans here and at other Steelers boards I post at. I've had nothing but good experiences with opposing fans as long as they're not trolls. I've been wanting to join a Ravens and/or Browns site ... now I think I will.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:18 AM   #7
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,147 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

It can be fun as long as you're not a total assclown. A couple years ago I started posting on a Cowboys board (for the hell of it, and b/c a game was coming up). Totally cool dudes. I mean, they smack talk some, but that's expected. All in all they're fun to mix it up with.

Chargers fans (for the most part) are total douches. I know we've had a couple of decent ones post here the past couple of years...but I tried posting on their MB a couple times, and they are some of the biggest crybaby assfaces I've ever encountered (though I haven't tried "blending" with Seahag fans yet).

Ravens fans are pretty cool for the most part. A few Colts fans too (A FEW).
Old 09-13-2010, 01:26 AM   #8
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,307 Times in 1,829 Posts

i tried to sign up on a ravens board and a bungle board once .... i think the screen name i chose for the ratbird board may have lead to them discriminating against my application....

the bungle board didn't even send me the confirmation email till like a week later ... by then i lost the urge.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:29 AM   #9
SacknificentStew56
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16658

I have went on other boards but I never praise. I talk facts, stats, and pour acid on their post-game wounds after we smash them. My neighbor across the street is a Titans fan so we'll probably get together and watch the game. He's gonna get it LIVE and not virtually!!
SacknificentStew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:31 AM   #10
SacknificentStew56
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16658

Quote:
i tried to sign up on a ravens board and a bungle board once .... i think the screen name i chose for the ratbird board may have lead to them discriminating against my application....

the bungle board didn't even send me the confirmation email till like a week later ... by then i lost the urge.
That happened to me also but being the patient mofo that I am, I rode the storm out, logged on, and let those Bungal lovin' BUMS have it.
SacknificentStew56 is offline   Reply With Quote