Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-13-2010, 01:43 AM   #11
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts
Default Re: Dallas' loss is the Steelers gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
That is classic!
i ask him why he never gets me back.... he said " and give your warped mind motivation to think of something worse to do ? " .....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:36 AM   #12
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful

Dallas got robbed. By NFL reffing standards that is a legal hold..er block. It is called the Silverback blocking technique. It is done on nearly every time that James Harrison rushes from the outside. Sometimes, by accident, an official not understanding the rule, will mistakenly throw a flag but the rule states that it is ok to grab a guy, I mean James Harrison, by the throat right after he's beaten you and run passed you.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:30 AM   #13
Downbylaw
Banned

Member Number: 16635

Yeah, when you guys were ALL calling Flozell turnstill. WHO was the one saying "I'm not going to judge him on 2 pre season games, he is learning a new position lets give him time". You guys opposed that statement. I love it when a plan comes together lol
Downbylaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:36 AM   #14
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i will take our #71 RT over their #71 RT anyday.

if anyone just watched dallas lose to the redskins with a last second td toss called back due to a holding penalty, you know exactly what i mean.

alex barron, starting for injured mark columbo, was plagued with the holding penalties that so many steelerfans thought would prove flozell adams a waste of a pick up for injured colon.

in barrons defens his hold was nothing more than a WWE style sleeper hold around orakpo's neck; the kinda stuf OT's get away with doing to james harrison on a weekly basis.

nevertheless it was the right call.

the hotel just had one holding call, and other than that, had a very decent day.

with max starks bein out in addition to colon, i am sure glad we got him.

im betting anything the cowboys still wish they had him.

good for us, bad for them.
Flo seems to be a pretty good road grader. Did he get called for holding? I only remember 1 false start?
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:16 PM   #15
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,059 Times in 931 Posts
My Mood: Cool

[QUOTE][oh i've got a ratbird fan neighbor that i do it too as well ... last year i took it up a notch and went out and bought a box of that colored chalk, and wrote shit all over his sidewalk , steps, and porch , at like 3 Am...
/QUOTE]
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha
wait.......... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha
getting a toy for your kid............................... 10 bucks
taking your girlfriend out to dinner ........... 50 bucks
writing shit all over your neighbores sidewalk,steps, and porch like at 3Am............................................... ...............priceless
fer522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:36 PM   #16
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,368 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe View Post
I totally just gained a new level of respect for you sir. I watched the game at a bar filled with Dallas fans. Luckily, the bartender loves my tips, otherwise I may have been thrown out.
Shit, try having a step-brother that you work for being a diehard Dallas fan. He's one of those stubborn prideful people that hates to hear smack or he'll make the workplace miserable. I won't let that stop me, whatever he wants to say, I counter it with some Steelers trash talk. Honestly, who thinks they have the nerve to argue with a Steelers fan? We are winners year in and year out from the start of the Super Bowl era.

When the Steelers lose, they SUCK and we'll make a day out of it, but once Dallas loses it's be quiet or you fired. We all huddle in the back and talk about the games knowing damn well he hears us. Priceless.

When HomoRomo botched that hold against Seattle some years ago, I blew up that picture of Romo on the ground sobbing in FAIL. I went into work that next day and taped that S.O.B right on his computer monitor and left. Funny stuff.

Super Bowl count:

Steelers 6
Cowboys 5

Super Bowl count HEAD TO HEAD:

Steelers 2
Cowboys 1

WE OWN.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:36 PM   #17
joeyssteelcurtain
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11092

What a funny ending The game is over lol

"I'm BLACK and GOLD until I'm dead and cold"
joeyssteelcurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:18 PM   #18
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!! Preseason Super Bowl winners Dallas and Cincinnati. Both went down as epic fails. And it will happen again and again. You don't lose those games if you are for real.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote