Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 09-13-2010, 11:08 AM   #11
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,545 Times in 633 Posts
Default Re: Big Ben in Oxford

He also had a glass of wine. Commish is rumored to bump the suspension up to 8 games since he had two small glass's of it or possible 9 because he used a straw.

More to come from this story.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #12
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

BREAKING NEWS

DUNGY CALLED IN TO MENTOR BIG BEN

Fresh off his stint of teaching Michael Vick how to not kill dogs, Tony Dungy, The Great Orator and Communicator with the Divine Himself, has been called in to counsel Ben Roethlisberger.

Roethlisberger had been making strides in rehabilitating his public image - actions that got his six-game suspension reduced to four - but a recent trip to a bar in Oxford, Ohio to watch the Steelers game on Sunday sent Commissioner Adolf Goodell into a tirade.

"We're all very happy to know that Ben has been working hard at improving his behavior," Goodell said. "But when I heard that he was in a bar watching his teammates play on Sunday, I immediately started punching babies. A grown man who has never been formally charged with a crime has absolutely no business being in a public drinking establishment. That's why I immediately called up God and had him send Tony Dungy down to set Ben straight."

Dungy rode his golden charoit over to Roethlisberger's off-season home in Findlay, Ohio and has immediately taken control. Roethlisberger is scheduled to be flogged with a scourge every day this week for his actions, in between routine passing drills with several undrafted free agents.

"Anything I can do to make him more like Peyton Manning, I'm prepared to," said Dungy. "He needs to learn that when you're an an NFL quarterback, you're more than just a superb athlete and teammate. You're a messenger for God Himself and it's your mission to deliver the Word every Sunday to people who stayed home from church to watch the game."
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:35 AM   #13
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Rail View Post
BREAKING NEWS

Fresh off his stint of teaching Michael Vick how to not kill dogs, Tony Dungy, The Great Orator and Communicator with the Divine Himself, has been called in to counsel Ben Roethlisberger.

Roethlisberger had been making strides in rehabilitating his public image - actions that got his six-game suspension reduced to four - but a recent trip to a bar in Oxford, Ohio to watch the Steelers game on Sunday sent Commissioner Adolf Goodell into a tirade.

"We're all very happy to know that Ben has been working hard at improving his behavior," Goodell said. "But when I heard that he was in a bar watching his teammates play on Sunday, I immediately started punching babies. A grown man who has never been formally charged with a crime has absolutely no business being in a public drinking establishment. That's why I immediately called up God and had him send Tony Dungy down to set Ben straight."

Dungy rode his golden charoit over to Roethlisberger's off-season home in Findlay, Ohio and has immediately taken control. Roethlisberger is scheduled to be flogged with a scourge every day this week for his actions, in between routine passing drills with several undrafted free agents.

"Anything I can do to make him more like Peyton Manning, I'm prepared to," said Dungy. "He needs to learn that when you're an an NFL quarterback, you're more than just a superb athlete and teammate. You're a messenger for God Himself and it's your mission to deliver the Word every Sunday to people who stayed home from church to watch the game."
that is great...lol

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:35 AM   #14
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,545 Times in 633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Rail View Post
BREAKING NEWS

Best post I've possibly EVER seen. Bravo dude. F_cking BRAVO!
Old 09-13-2010, 11:38 AM   #15
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

question now ... can ben change dungy and turn him into a womanizing freak???lol

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
Old 09-13-2010, 12:29 PM   #16
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

LOL, thanks folks! Glad you liked that.

As I'm sure you can tell, I get really annoyed with the sports media's worship of Dungy. They act like that guy has never done anything wrong in his entire life and was the greatest coach who ever lived, when in actuality he just lucked out that he had a really good QB on his team. I'd like to see how many times the Colts would have made it to the playoffs if they had someone other than Peyton Manning at QB.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:47 PM   #17
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

what???? you dont bow down to the all great dungy????

Old 09-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #18
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

So what if Ben was in a bar. Lots of people go there to watch the games. Maybe the game wasnt on his tv, perhaps the bar has Sunday Ticket.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:05 PM   #19
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,855 Times in 2,898 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

i always watch the game at the bar if the steelers aren't on the local tv listings

gives me an excuse to go out and eat some nachos lol
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:18 PM   #20
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
i always watch the game at the bar if the steelers aren't on the local tv listings

gives me an excuse to go out and eat some nachos lol
that last comment could be made into something totally different...

yeah, that is it, ben went to a bar for some nachos..lol