Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435
Default Crosby, Malkin Attend Vanity Fair ****tail Event - Pittsburgh Penguins - Features

Some of the National Hockey League’s best talent is gathered in New York City this week as the league is hosting its annual NHL Player Media Tour. Forwards Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin are on hand to represent the Penguins.

On Tuesday night Crosby and Malkin were joined by 18 other NHL stars, including Washington’s Alex Ovechkin and Chicago’s Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews as Vanity Fair editor Graydon Carter hosted a ****tail party at his restaurant, Monkey Bar.

It was a chance for the league’s highest-profile stars to enjoy a night where they not only had the chance to bond with one another, but also other famous personalities including actor Tom Cavanagh and gold-medal winning figure skater Evan Lysacek.

Crosby and Ovechkin spent time during the day on Tuesday posing together in photographs for Vanity Fair.

The 23-year-old Penguins captain told NHL.com’s Dan Rosen that he sees plenty of benefit working with a magazine the caliber of Vanity Fair.

"From the hockey side, maybe we'll be able to reach out to people that don't always follow hockey but may want to," Crosby said. "And maybe the magazine will get some hockey fans that might not already read it to pick it up and look it over."

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman agreed with the league’s highest-profiled player.

"I think the players are very much enjoying this and they're enjoying the attention," Bettman told NHL.com. "I also think they're enjoying the opportunity to interact in what is not a typical venue for athletes. Our players, in addition to being authentic, represent themselves both on and off the ice extraordinarily well, and I think they have a real strong fashion sense about them."

Crosby and Malkin return from New York later this week and will be among the 57 players that will begin training camp on Friday at CONSOL Energy Center.
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...fb-pghpenguins

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote