Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-15-2010, 02:00 AM   #1
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Bouchette chat 9.14.10

OK...where is it?

I've checked Google, Google news, The Gazette under Steelers...why is it so tough to find?
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:28 AM   #2
SteelCurtain0815
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15238
Default Re: Bouchette chat 9.14.10

Idk if anyone reads the steelers.com message board, because I know it's garbage, but there's this guy named deljzc who is a football genius. He knows everything about everything. Anyways, he did his own Q and A on that site and killed it. I hate Bouchette's Q and A. He is an arrogant a-hole. IMO, deljcz's Q and A was way better than anything Bouchette has ever done. Deljzc even went far enough to answer every question a fellow MBer asked and answered them very well. I guess what I am trying to say is if anyone on this message board posts on steelers.com, try to convert deljcz to come to this board (the good side) and do a Q and A with all of us.
SteelCurtain0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:12 AM   #3
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

The chat has been moved to the PPG pay site, PPG+. That means even if I paid for the site to read it, which I won't, I could not post it here. Things get sticky if we post pay site items here.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:26 AM   #4
tunes4life
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8219

Man, thats lame. Its not worth paying for.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,122 Times in 441 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunes4life View Post
that IS lame, i looked forward to reading those
vasteeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #6
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

I never understood why people disliked him so much. Sure, he's a bit of a smartass, but part of that is being smart. Man knows his Steelers. He's one of the few non-drama queens out there. Everyone else (other than Scott Brown at the Trib) is either fawning or end-of-the-world.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,236 Times in 3,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunes4life View Post
Like every other newspaper, Post-Gazette needs to figure out how to monetize its product - giving it away online is killing newspapers, which are businesses and not charities
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:20 PM   #8
tunes4life
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Like every other newspaper, Post-Gazette needs to figure out how to monetize its product - giving it away online is killing newspapers, which are businesses and not charities
Perhaps, but that sure as hell doesn't mean I have to like it.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:38 PM   #9
steelcity1974
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9669

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
I never understood why people disliked him so much. Sure, he's a bit of a smartass, but part of that is being smart. Man knows his Steelers. He's one of the few non-drama queens out there. Everyone else (other than Scott Brown at the Trib) is either fawning or end-of-the-world.
Agree. And some of his smartass answers are to point out how dumb the questions are because the answers are obvious.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #10
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,661 Times in 1,581 Posts

and with my 9000 post i present ....

Quote:
Dude_from_Cali: Ed: are Dixon's inaccuacies (low throws and others) a permanent flaw or simply butterflies? is QB coach working on Dennis's short comings?
Ed Bouchette: Mike Tomlin said today that he believed they were a result of Dixon being too aggressive and, yes, they plan to work on that.
Dude_from_Cali: Woriids had a quiet training camp. have you seen good things or not much from Woriids?
Ed Bouchette: Saw great things from him Sunday in special teams. Has a way to go to learn OLB after playing DE in college.
Tranche Ilkin: What was going with Jeff Reed on Sunday? He was kicking off farther than I remember him doing last year, and he put a 55-yard field goal attempt well above the crossbar. Was it wind? More leg strength? A different strategy for kicking off?
Ed Bouchette: He has picked up a new technique over the past 10 days or so. Look for something on that in one of my stories this week.
john r: Ed. is there any concern with the running game in the redzone?
Ed Bouchette: I think there is concern about it in general. That may be why they worked out Antonio Pittman today at their facility.
john r: Once again they didn't score in the redzone.
Ed Bouchette: 0 for 2. But they are 1-for-1 on TD runs in overtime from the 50. Good thing Atlanta did not do well inside 20 either.

Dude_from_Cali: Ed: Timmons is now 248lbs. he actally resembled Levon Kirkland's baby brother on the field. with the added bulk...is he just as fast?
Ed Bouchette: He looked pretty darn fast out there Sunday. Plus, that's not considered heavy for LBs any more and if Timmons wants to do impression of Kirkland, the Steelers will take it.
Dude_from_Cali: Ed: when you travel on a road game to cover the Steelers and the players get on a midnight bus or flight home, do you stay overnight and leave in the morning?
Ed Bouchette: Indeed. We do not travel with the team, we go our separate ways and we return the next day.
DallasBlackNGold: Hi Ed. Can you ask your people to delete the "Steelers Q&A" from the PG Steelers web page? I've been pondering "How do linebackers play in a 4-3 vs. a 3-4?" since January 15, 2010 and its starting to make me dizzy.
Ed Bouchette: Let's hope they see your request. I've been waiting to answer the daily Q/A but I've gotten only a couple.
DallasBlackNGold: Howdy Ed. What grade would you give the Steelers O-Line for Sunday's performance for run blocking and for pass protection?
Ed Bouchette: C plus. I thought they protected well, for the most part, and were so-so on the run blocking.
J-Ross: I read Ron Cook's article today in which he stated that Polamalu did not play a good game on Sunday. I have to say I completely disagree. He made an improbable interception that looked like Holme's Superbowl 43 catch - a pick that would have setup the winning FG on any other team. If by doing more he meant that Troy should have kicked the FG himself or tackled Reed after he missed it, then I agree.
Ed Bouchette: I agree with Ron -- and with Troy, by the way -- that he did not play a Troy-like game. One play does not make an entire game, no matter how good it was.
Gary Bradshaw: Ed, Don't you think RM seems to get tackled a little easy?
Ed Bouchette: If that were the case, he would have gone down when the safety got a hand on him during his 50-yard, winning, TD run.
BSidwar78: Did you agree with attempting a 55-yard fg in Heinz Field when you could have punted and gone into half with the lead?
Ed Bouchette: I agree with the FG try and I do not understand why so many disagree with it. Jeff Reed made one from 52 going the other way and this time he had the wind with him. Reed said it would have been good from 57 because it was curling in just as it hit the post.
Polamalu43: Ed, who will play left tackle this week?
Ed Bouchette: Mike T. said it will be Jonathan Scott, provided Max Starks cannot go.
Mike (Boca Raton): Was Joe Burnett ineligible for the practice squad based upon the number of games he dressed for/in last season?
Ed Bouchette: Yes. If you dress for at least 9 games you are ineligible. I do not think that is fair because Burnett is a second-year player and why should he be punished when a player who could not even make a team last season or did not dress for a game as a rookie is eligible for practice squad this year? That's a rule that needs to be, ah, tweaked.
BSidwar78: Is Troy really as humble in the locker room as he is with the press?
Ed Bouchette: His teammates say he can be a bit of a prankster. But he is a humble person.
BSidwar78: They are going to need some production from the 3rd wr, can Battle be an upgrade at the position if Sanders isn't ready for it?
Ed Bouchette: I don't know about that. I believe the biggest upside is Sanders, but obviously they deem him not to be ready to play No. 3 yet and have stuck with Antwaan Randle El.
Tubular Dude: Is MT just sending Keenan Lewis a message by not dressing him in Week 1 or should we look for this to continue? I like Madison for Special Teams, but how much can they like him in coverage considering he was initially cut last year?
Ed Bouchette: Maybe they also like him in coverage better than they do Lewis right now. That's not a good sign for a second-year man to not be able to dress again. But, at least he's still eligible for a practice squad.
Tx_Steeler: How are Dixon et al going to score against the Ravens?
Ed Bouchette: Or, how are the Ravens going to score against the Steelers? Maybe another 9-9 tie in the making.
Steel Curtain Rising: Ed, in "A Dawn of a New Steel Age" you mentioned that unlike Noll, Cowher did not hesitate to work the phones gossip with other coaches to learn the latest buzz on who the hot young assistants were and the like. How does Tomlin compare to his predecessors in this respect?
Ed Bouchette: MT loves to keep informed.
ZITO: From Pittsburgh, live in Nashville now, die hard Stiller Fan. Anway we can bring a winner home this weekend!? Seems as though the Black and Gold just can't put together a WIN down here - I believe 1-8 since the Titans/Oilers moved to TN??
Ed Bouchette: You are right. 1-8 with one loss in Memphis. They will have a hard time making it to two wins this Sunday.
Bubby mops up for no one: Ed, your opinion on the spot ( ball placed on the five and a half) prior to Atlanta contemplatig going for it before settling to tie it at 9-9.
Ed Bouchette: Bad spot and it appeared MT was going to challenge, but did not because I don't think he was allowed because it did not involve a first down, and Mike Smith sent the kicking team on.
Guest: Will Antonio Brown come out of the dog house this week?
Ed Bouchette: He's not in the dog house. I just think they wanted some steady hands out there rather than a rookie.
Davedigspgplus: Ed, will Emmanuel Sanders continue as the kick returner this week?
Ed Bouchette: I would suspect that he and Mewelde Moore will again share those duties.
Bill: Is checking out Pittman a sign that they are unhappy with Redman? It seems he did a decent job on Sunday. Which RB would they get rid of if they signed Pittman?
Ed Bouchette: Sometimes they just work guys out to know where they stand in case they must sign someone quickly because of injury. I do not think they are unhappy with Redman.
Steel Curtain Rising: How many weeks is Casey Hampton scheduled to be out?
Ed Bouchette: Mike Tomlin would not rule him out for this week. You never know with a hamstring.
Steelerfan in FL: Hi Ed, will Pittsburgh be able to put an end to Chris Johnson's 12 game 100 yard streak this weekend?
Ed Bouchette: They have a pretty good history of not allowing 100-yard rushers -- just one since the end of the 2007 season, including 2 games in which CJ did not get 70.
Slick Rich: Ron you really know your steelers.
Ed Bouchette: I will pass that along to Ron.
Tx_Steeler: Did Dwyer not dress because he can't play special teams?
Ed Bouchette: that would be part of it, plus they did not feel the need to dress 4 halfbacks.
IC Smash: Ed, why did they keep giving Roddy White a 15 yard cushion when he kept running 7-8 yard out patterns in front of them?
Ed Bouchette: Maybe because they did not want White to break a big one, which he did not. He averaged only 8.5 yards on his 13 catches.
adamill: Ed, why the harsh words for Randle El? Seemed like Dixon bounced his passes to ARE. Something else that you saw?
Ed Bouchette: I had no harsh words for Randle El. I just think Sanders gives them a bigger upside, and that does not even mean Sanders will overtake El at No. 3.
Art Vandalay: Ed, did I read once that the guys who do the games on national tv (for CBS, FOX, etc) don't really talk to the beat writers, but only go to the players for info? If so, why is that?
Ed Bouchette: Tony Kornheiser always called me the week before his crew covered a Steelers game. I can't speak for the others.
Steelershoss: Ed, do you still beleive it was the right decision to let Logan go, in light of the great return game we had on Sunday?
Ed Bouchette: Yes. Did I miss Logan's Pro Bowl appearance?
Big Cat: Noticed that the d-line had a rotation for last game. How does that usually work?
Ed Bouchette: They like to rotate more early in the season, especially when it's hot (like Nashville and Tampa the next 2 weeks). And, also, when they don't have a rookie.
Guest: Where is Ziggy? Should we be concerned that we are not hearing his name like we are with Pouncy?
Ed Bouchette: Ziggy played a lot on Sunday. He was credited in the unofficial stats with one solo tackle and one quarterback hurry.
Ed Bouchette: Thanks all for joining the chat. See you next Tuesday.
learn the ways of the google...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 09-15-2010 at 03:25 PM.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote