Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-06-2006, 07:52 PM   #21
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225
Default Re: Goodbye Tommy........

Hey now!! Tommy Gun wasn't all that bad. Geez... He gave us some great times. I nearly bought his jersey a few years ago, but I'mglad I waited and got a #7 instead.

Tommy wasn't bad. He was... decent. Neil O'Donnell kind of decent. Not a star, but he was no bust either.

As I read in an article somewhere... The Steelers would not have had things fall into place without Tommy.

Thank you for the memories Tommy!
Old 03-06-2006, 08:06 PM   #22
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

Yeah, I'll remember those few games where Tommy lit 'em up and nobody knew whether it was a fluke or if we have a Superbowl MVP on our hands... Remember all the announcers talking about his years in Arena football and how it made his reflexes faster or something crazy like that?

Well, we all know the rest of the story, it was a fluke. Arena football didn't make him any better - he was just inspired for a while after getting his chance. And no, he was never the same after the ratbird game. I'm gonna choose to remember the good times and I wish the guy well in his future endeavors. '

I'm also gonna breathe a sigh of relief knowing that Batch is officially our backup now.
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:34 AM   #23
shutdown
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1445

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Well, what you "ment"? to say and what you did say are two different things. I kept nodding off when your little "bandwagon rants" came into play. Here's a "Steelers #1 Fan" sticker and some ridalin If it makes you feel any better. Hopefully someday I can become a true fan like yourself instead of being one of those notorious "fake" ones.
Yes it was said that he was "great player", but not more than a paragraph ago i pointed out why he wasnt our anwser at QB and i even called him a PAR Quarterback. I guess you missed that part or your comprehension ability are lacking pretty pathetically. (as i already pointed out)

It seems like you're the one who feels obligated to slap that label on your own forehead. You have had zero rebuttals to any legitimate or semi knowledgeable statements on here. You would rather spend your time smart mouthing the little things that are said on here. You are obviously the TRUE steeler fan. All hail the smart ass!

Anyways im done with this clown. He is obviously here to just be a smart ass to people. If for once he actually has one thing to say relational to the topic i might be surprised.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:56 AM   #24
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

You stated Tommy Maddox was a "great player".

I simply questioned your opinion.

You went off on me.

I'm the clown? lol.

"You have had zero rebuttals to any legitimate or semi knowledgeable statements on here."

Reason why, because the Tommy Maddox topic has been beaten to death. There is no need for me to repeat myself. I saw "great player" and Tommy Maddox in the same paragraph so I simply asked a question.

Anyways.......take care buddy. I apologize if my question offended you.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 03-07-2006 at 10:45 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:06 PM   #25
Ohio Steeler
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2142

ok I have been waiting a long time to say this

GOOD BYE TOMMY DONT LET THE DOOR HIT YOU WHERE THE GOOD LORD SPLIT YOU
Old 03-07-2006, 07:10 PM   #26
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Good luck and best wishes, Tommy!
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:26 PM   #27
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown
Yes it was said that he was "great player", but not more than a paragraph ago i pointed out why he wasnt our anwser at QB and i even called him a PAR Quarterback. I guess you missed that part or your comprehension ability are lacking pretty pathetically. (as i already pointed out)

It seems like you're the one who feels obligated to slap that label on your own forehead. You have had zero rebuttals to any legitimate or semi knowledgeable statements on here. You would rather spend your time smart mouthing the little things that are said on here. You are obviously the TRUE steeler fan. All hail the smart ass!

Anyways im done with this clown. He is obviously here to just be a smart ass to people. If for once he actually has one thing to say relational to the topic i might be surprised.
Dude, lighten up a bit...less than 15 posts and you're already calling people out? I've been a Steelers fan for almost 30 years, and I have repeatedly bashed Tommy Maddox, not as a person, but for his refusal to accept the obvious: His skills have eroded away to less than acceptable NFL QB levels. It's understandable for a pro athlete to hang on too long...lot's of them do. It's much more confusing when fans make the same mistake, especially when faced with the overwhelming and obvious evidence to the contrary.

Did Tommy fill a role? Sure. Did he fill it well? Yeah, he did okay. By definition, that makes him a good role player...correction: MADE him a good role player.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:50 PM   #28
Webfactor8
Water Boy

Member Number: 1873

Listen Tom isn't the greatest player. I don't think anyone can say that. But he isn't a Barry Bonds either. Using HGH and Being a general A-Hole. Or say a Jamal Lewis fronting money for drugs and being a general A-Hole.
I don't like his play, but come on guys do you have to rip on a guy who went out and got the crap kicked out of him every Sunday for YOU?
I'm glad we have better options, and could release him. But I'm sad to see a decent guy lose his job.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:57 PM   #29
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Member Number: 1580

Props to the people who are classy enough to thank Tommy and wish him well. Even if the guy wasn't a "great", from what I know of him it seems like he always gave it his best and never did anything to discredit your organization off the field. Can't really ask much more of a player. I bet there is a team out there with an developing QB that Maddox could really help out. I hope he finds some meaningful work for a couple more years.

Last edited by Hawk Believer; 03-08-2006 at 12:02 AM.
Hawk Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:58 PM   #30
Tooquickrich
Water Boy

Member Number: 1129

I wish Tommy all the best. Tommy filled the role he was brought in to do...... He was the link we needed until we could get a franchise QB.

I live in Dayton, OH. (45 minutes north of Cincy), so I have the unique view of seeing all the Bungals press. Just to show how bad it COULD have been I'll mention 2 names that the Cincy press said would take the Bungals to the top........ David Klingler and Akili Smith. I'd still take Maddox over either of them any day of the week.