Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-19-2010, 05:01 AM   #1
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296
Default Jealousy likely trigger for Bradshaw's anti-Ben rant

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10262/1088739-87.stm

Is it possible that Terry Bradshaw's repeated attacks on Ben Roethlisberger are rooted in jealousy and the likelihood that Roethlisberger will be remembered one day as the greatest quarterback in Steelers history?

I say yes.

The only other plausible explanation is that Bradshaw simply doesn't like Roethlisberger. That might go back to before Roethlisberger's motorcycle accident in June, 2006. "Ride it when you retire. Those things are dangerous," Bradshaw had warned him a year earlier. Roethlisberger basically told Bradshaw to kiss off and mind his own business.

That seems like a pretty silly reason to hold a grudge, not to mention that five years is a long time to hold it.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10262...#ixzz0zy66mgYz

We once had a thread available concerning this topic, but since it's locked I suppose I'll have to post it as a new thread.

Last edited by zulater; 09-19-2010 at 09:38 AM.
zulater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:54 AM   #2
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248
Default Re: Jealousy likely trigger for Bradshaw's anti-Ben rant

Exactly what this is. Bradshaw is trash and a hypocrite. Ben is already the better quarterback. Put Bradshaw on any other team back in the late 70s and Terry is just another guy on the field.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Who is TB to tell BB not to ride his motorcycle?. His dad...Does he do this to everyone?. Maybe he's one of those nut jobs that feels he has to father everyone.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:26 AM   #4
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,734 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10262/1088739-87.stm

View all related imagesIs it possible that Terry Bradshaw's repeated attacks on Ben Roethlisberger are rooted in jealousy and the likelihood that Roethlisberger will be remembered one day as the greatest quarterback in Steelers history?

I say yes.

The only other plausible explanation is that Bradshaw simply doesn't like Roethlisberger. That might go back to before Roethlisberger's motorcycle accident in June, 2006. "Ride it when you retire. Those things are dangerous," Bradshaw had warned him a year earlier. Roethlisberger basically told Bradshaw to kiss off and mind his own business.

That seems like a pretty silly reason to hold a grudge, not to mention that five years is a long time to hold it.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10262...#ixzz0zy66mgYz

We once had a thread available concerning this topic, but since it's locked I suppose I'll have to post it as a new thread.
At least someone came out and said it. This is what we've been saying on he boards the past couple weeks. Bradshaw was no good man himself in his day and even wrote a book about his behavior. Does Terry forget this or is the rumor true that he is as dumb as he looks and can't even read his own sentence?

Bradshaw is pretty hard on Ben, but if he sits down and owns himself, he shouldn't even have a job on FOX to begin with. We'll see how his man-love on Roethlisberger continues, ESP when he comes back and dominates.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:16 AM   #5
shangaur
Water Boy

Member Number: 16792

The fact that Bradshaw states he would've traded Ben had he been the owner of the Steelers reflects his own poor understanding of the business of football operations. Ben is our franchise QB; Holmes was not. It was actually a very smart decision by the front office: they made an example out of Holmes to prove a point but managed not to alienate Ben from the team.
shangaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:33 AM   #6
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

At least you didn't title the thread "I WAZ RIGHT! BRADSHAW IZ JEALOUZ!!!!"

Thanks for posting...it would have gotten lost in that "other" thread lol.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:34 AM   #7
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Bradshaw is pissed Pittsburgh welcomed Ben back with open arms, of course he's bitter.

"I lived only for Terry Bradshaw, not for God. I tried to be one of the boys and went to every honky-tonk I could find and chased women"

The man has some nerve talking about someone else's ego getting out of hand.

No doubt
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:10 AM   #8
NYC_Steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16763

Any thoughts that Bradshaw is jealous of Ben are without a doubt, the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. TB has nothing to be jealous of - he has 4 SB rings in less than 10 years - no other QB can say that. He's extremely well-liked by just about everyone - something Ben can only dream of becoming. He gave fatherly advice to Ben regarding riding a motorcyle - without a helmet no less, and Ben completely ignored and mocked him - only to wind up in an accident which almost killed him - and caused us to not repeat as SB champs. To top it off, Ben continues to act like an immature jerk , especially to college co-eds which ultimately gets him into the biggest disaster of his life. Humiliating and disgusting facts see the light of day and he becomes one of the most despised men in America - esp among women. So yeah, I can see where TB might be jealous of Ben - NOT! Stupidity reigns supreme - there's alot of it going around it seems.
NYC_Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:12 AM   #9
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_Steeler View Post
Any thoughts that Bradshaw is jealous of Ben are without a doubt, the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. TB has nothing to be jealous of - he has 4 SB rings in less than 10 years - no other QB can say that. He's extremely well-liked by just about everyone - something Ben can only dream of becoming. He gave fatherly advice to Ben regarding riding a motorcyle - without a helmet no less, and Ben completely ignored and mocked him - only to wind up in an accident which almost killed him - and caused us to not repeat as SB champs. To top it off, Ben continues to act like an immature jerk , especially to college co-eds which ultimately gets him into the biggest disaster of his life. Humiliating and disgusting facts see the light of day and he becomes one of the most despised men in America - esp among women. So yeah, I can see where TB might be jealous of Ben - NOT! Stupidity reigns supreme - there's alot of it going around it seems.
welcome back downie.

Just to address your post briefly, you're right Terry should't be jelous of Ben for all the reasons you stated plus more. But when you're talking TB reason doesn't always prevail, the man knows how to carry a grudge well beyond the reasonable limits. Terry had no reason to carry a grudge against Noll as long as he did, had no good reason to skip the Chief's funeral, had no good reason to have his broadcast partner of a couple years ( Verne Lundquist) be his presenter at the Hall of Fame over his family, teammates, or coaches either. But that's Terry for you.

Last edited by zulater; 09-19-2010 at 10:32 AM.
zulater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:46 AM   #10
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,192 Times in 599 Posts

I think there is a big difference between honky tonking and being accused of sexual assault. I think that's what Terry is eluding to. Sounds as if he thinks he did it. Now whether Terry is jealous of Big Ben, eh, I doubt it. What would he be jealous about? Terry had a Hall of Fame career and led the greatest football dynasty. And has had an equal amount of success after he retired with movies, TV and commercials. Acceptance by the Steeler fans maybe? They removed Big Ben's stuff from the local zoo and there are several Steeler fans who are angry and wont support Big Ben right now. Whether that changes is yet to be seen. So that can not be used either.

The Bradshaw vs Ben rift started when Ben was riding his bike. Bradshaw made comments about how that was not too smart and I think Big Ben took offense to it and it may have gotten worse when Ben crashed. This smells like personal crap, nothing else. Bradshaw doesn't like Ben and Ben doesn't like Bradshaw, simple as that.

Where Terry is wrong is trading Big Ben. Ben isn't the only moron who has put himself in bad positions because of his weener. And on top of it, no proof of anything, you cant trade your franchise QB because a couple of harlots accuse you of something with zero proof. I still believe that the Rooney's were part of the number of games to be suspended for Ben. Goodell took the heat but I believe it was the Rooney's who made some decision on it. It just doesn't make sense to suspend Ben for 4 games for something he isn't even charged with. I believe it was to scare the crap out of Ben and it seems to have worked. Because Ben may have seen the future in Oakland winning 5 games and dealing with the crypt keeper. Because I am sure they put out some feelers out there and not even one medium level team offered anything worth trading for.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote