Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-10-2006, 10:37 PM   #11
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: March Madness

Sort of off topic. Big East Tournament and PITT tearing up Nova tonight. On a roll.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 03-10-2006 at 10:43 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:09 PM   #12
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

Seems like Pitt always does until it reall counts and they fold. I have had them in my sweet, great even finals and they never do anytning. Please correct me if I am wrong, I have always been behind them and would love to see them on a national stage and be great. :)
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:11 PM   #13
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

Michigan State (my home team) won tonight too and they were not suppose to either, so maybe Pitt will win! I hope so. State is having problems this year (again)
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 11:57 AM   #14
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

Pitt-Syracuse Big East Final tonight...

Pitt looks great..man..they have some strong freshmen...that program looks like it's set for years to come...
Old 03-11-2006, 12:08 PM   #15
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Yeah, Fields is the man. Gray is excellent and Young will be one hell of a ball player.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:13 PM   #16
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I love the conference tourney's...really gets me stoked for the big dance. OSU has a real nice shot at playing their way into a #1 seed if they can knock off Indiana and the winner of this Iowa/MSU game, and they'd deserve it. Although ranked #7, their RPI is 4 and the Big 10 will probably send at least 6, if not 7 teams to the tournament.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 10:35 PM   #17
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

We got beat by Syracuse. Times I wish we played in some of these conferences that are complete jokes. I would rather keep my pride.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:46 AM   #18
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
We got beat by Syracuse. Times I wish we played in some of these conferences that are complete jokes. I would rather keep my pride.
No, really, you don't, and I'll tell you why. The MAC is a quality mid-major conference, but, again, they will be shut out of the big dance again this year by only the conference tournament winner getting a bid ( A very deserving Kent State). Akron will get robbed this year and only get invited to the NIT although:

They beat Kent State last Saturday
Won 22 games this year
Played a couple tough non-conference games in Cal and Nevada
Had an RPI of 61 (Kent's was 60)

If they scraped off the bottom teams from the big conferences that don't deserve to go, but get in on reputation (Like Michigan this year, who lost like 8 of their last 10 games, got bounced in the first round of the Big 10 tourney, and don't have 20 wins), More teams like Akron would get a fair shake.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 09:20 AM   #19
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Having to play UConn, Nova, WVU and Syracuse is not fun. Great games, but we always know it's going to be a battle.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:53 PM   #20
SteelerDan43
Banned
Supporter

Location: From Pittsburgh, currently going to school in Rochester
Member Number: 811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
No, really, you don't, and I'll tell you why. The MAC is a quality mid-major conference, but, again, they will be shut out of the big dance again this year by only the conference tournament winner getting a bid ( A very deserving Kent State). Akron will get robbed this year and only get invited to the NIT although:

They beat Kent State last Saturday
Won 22 games this year
Played a couple tough non-conference games in Cal and Nevada
Had an RPI of 61 (Kent's was 60)

If they scraped off the bottom teams from the big conferences that don't deserve to go, but get in on reputation (Like Michigan this year, who lost like 8 of their last 10 games, got bounced in the first round of the Big 10 tourney, and don't have 20 wins), More teams like Akron would get a fair shake.
I would like to see the little guys get more of a shot, they should make a win requirement. Something over 20 wins like 21 or 22 that would get rid of these bullshit teams like Alabama (17-12). Also they should require a winning conference record, that would eliminate teams like Cincy (8-9 in the Big East) and Michigan (8-9 in the Big Ten) from the conversation all together. Now I understand that these conferences like the Big Ten, Big East, and SEC are overall better than a conference like the CAA or MVC but you should have to win your confrence games to get in. If they would make the changes I suggested it would get rid of these mid season blow off games, each game would be more important, the in conference games would be paramount. Then after that eliminates some of the bullshit teams you can talk about strong out of conference games. Teams from the MVC have beat teams like LSU and others that are in the tourney, so they should get in! I think this and keeping the automatic bids would make the regular season more exciting. For some of these teams like a Belmont that got in this year, its just getting there thats the victory and they earned the right to be there. There are alot of teams in the small conferences that have earned the right to be there over a team like Alabama and IMO they should be in the tournament!
SteelerDan43 is offline   Reply With Quote