Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-05-2006, 01:26 PM   #1
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645
Default Moving up the draft board

Maybe LenDale White is a pipe dream.

But there is something about the 9 -10-11 slot that seems feasible. If Colbert wants a bonafide starting tailback of the future then a move there may be just high enough to land "Thunder". All three are NFC teams that may be interested in getting extra bodies into their training camps this year.

Or maybe I'll just keep on dreamin'.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 01:43 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,204 Times in 2,670 Posts
Default Re: Moving up the draft board

the steelers did pass on the opportunity to land larry johnson by moving up to get t. polamalu. they have 3 extra picks this year. 10 rookies may have a hard time making the roster. it didnt hurt the steelers to cut their #4 pick from last year and their #2 alonzo jackson was pretty much pissed away when we gave away our #1, #3 and #6 to move up for troy. i think l. white will be a franchise back but will also be a big $$$ player.

with that being said steelers are probably looking for quality depth to replace potential big $$$ players and aging veterans in the next few years. moving up would probably be good for the next 2-3 years whereas staying put would probably be better for the next 5-6.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:24 AM   #3
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

After they made it clear that Duce/Willie is next years 1-2 punch, I don't see them moving up...in fact, I don't see them taking a RB in the 1st round at all.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:03 AM   #4
StillerPaul
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 821

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
After they made it clear that Duce/Willie is next years 1-2 punch, I don't see them moving up...in fact, I don't see them taking a RB in the 1st round at all.
I agree with ya 100%. I think people need to realize that we're not in bad shape with Fast Willie and Duce as our 1-2 next year and a mid to late round draftee coming in.

If we were to trade up in 1 for anyone, i'd want it to be Santonio Holmes. A bonafide #2 speedburner Wr to compliment Hines and Cedric would give us just as dynamic an offense as the Bungles and Colts IMO.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:41 AM   #5
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367

Has anyone EVER moved from 32 to 10,11, or 12, thats a jump you just never see.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:01 AM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,204 Times in 2,670 Posts

to move from 27th to 16th cost a 1st, 3rd, and 6th im pretty sure. all to move 11 spots

to go up 20 spots would probably cost next years first also at least. not worth it for the long term
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 12:23 PM   #7
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,042 Times in 549 Posts

It sounds like from early reports that the Steelers want to sign and restructure all their currect players and then draft for depth and future.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:26 AM   #8
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillerPaul
I agree with ya 100%. I think people need to realize that we're not in bad shape with Fast Willie and Duce as our 1-2 next year and a mid to late round draftee coming in.

If we were to trade up in 1 for anyone, i'd want it to be Santonio Holmes. A bonafide #2 speedburner Wr to compliment Hines and Cedric would give us just as dynamic an offense as the Bungles and Colts IMO.
Absolutely disagree. I may have to accept it but I sure as hell don't like it. Duce is DONE DONE DONE. This team is all about balance...at least for now. Ben would have to open up the running game and that would be a freaky abberation.

Uh no. Isn't that exactly what happened to Cowher when we went 6-10 and most were ready to fire his a..ss????

And a speedburner? Nice. But why exactly would a speedburner be 'the answer' to win the Super Bowl???

I live in the tropics so maybe the sun is getting to my head but the running game is not where it should be and after the euphoria of XL it will become painstakingly clear. We need a tailback of the future.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:52 AM   #9
BigDude66687
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 904

um ur all forgetting that we have a rb named willie parker who looked fantastic at times. I think he'll continue to grow into his role as the starting rb espcially now that he has a full offseason to get in shape for his new role :)

Though Lendale white would be an amazing pickup we do have more pressing needs at D-line and WideOut(assuming we lose Randle el
BigDude66687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:11 AM   #10
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Default What I don't see is a 16 game/per season producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
to move from 27th to 16th cost a 1st, 3rd, and 6th im pretty sure. all to move 11 spots

to go up 20 spots would probably cost next years first also at least. not worth it for the long term
Duce?!? DUCE?!?!?!

No one knows the future unless you predict that death, taxes and politcal corruption exist so who knows about White ( but I did watch every rush he carried at SC)

Perhaps I am overreacting to the situation at running back. But you can't always get something for nothing...i.e. Willie. What in the hell is going on in the minds of some Steeler fans??? NASDAQ is going to 5000....NASQAQ is going to 5000....NASDAQ is going to...is going to...is going to...uh oh is under 2000.

Two first round picks is about what it would cost and it is all for the long term. If a running back isn't in the long term interests of the Pittsburgh Steelers...

Kreider still blocks like a locamotive. Verron makes plays when his number is called and Willie is Pitbull Tested Lightning Fast. What I don't see is a 16 game/per season producer.