Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-19-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,871 Times in 2,115 Posts
Default some people thought Dick LeBeau got a free pass...

...because of his "Godlike" status in pittsburgh, and wasnt held accountable for the steelers dropping to 5th in defense last year, or the team missing the playoffs.

of course these people were arians apologists who thought bruce was treated unfairly when the rooneys had his head on the chopping block and we were uncertain whether he would be fired or not.

i LMAO@ these people.

once again the rooneys prove they are on point with their assessment, and dick lebeau proves that he is not only worthy of the HOF as a player, but as a coach.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850
Default Re: some people thought Dick LeBeau got a free pass...

I believe it was partially his fault for the 5 straight games we lost. He wasn't making necesary adjustments. I'm sure he took responsibility of this to the players, coaches and owners. I don't believe he should be fired. In 2006 his defense didn't play up to par either. You can't be perfect all the time.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723

I guess it was Lebeau's fault that Burnett dropped the ball that was right into his arms in the Oakland game last year that would have iced the game. It was also Lebeau's fault Farrior got juked out of his underwear when Ray Rice ran that 500 yard run that would have ended the game in Baltimore in Baltimore. And it was also Lebeau's fault that Big ben couldnt move the offense on Cleveland for 60 min.

Last year was like watching a nightmare you think is real. And then you wake up and its 2010 now. So there you go, last year was a nightmare and it had nothing to do with Lebeau and everything to do with losing two of the most important players on our defense and their back ups not executing the minimal things like catching balls thrown to them and making tackles.....
OX1947 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:44 PM   #4
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
I believe it was partially his fault for the 5 straight games we lost. He wasn't making necesary adjustments. I'm sure he took responsibility of this to the players, coaches and owners. I don't believe he should be fired. In 2006 his defense didn't play up to par either. You can't be perfect all the time.

True. Nobody's perfect, but I tend to think last year's lapse was more due to loss of personnel. Mainly Troy and Smith. With these 2 back we are stuffing the run again and getting TO's.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:48 PM   #5
lionslicer
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
True. Nobody's perfect, but I tend to think last year's lapse was more due to loss of personnel. Mainly Troy and Smith. With these 2 back we are stuffing the run again and getting TO's.
I think its unfair to say that, because then you say his great defense play is only becuase of players and not his mind.
If you put everything on the coach, it isn't fair, but you also can't put everything on player mistakes because then the coaches don't matter, there's a middle ground people should appreciate, but if you don't take the time to really understand football, you'll never understand this.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:50 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,871 Times in 2,115 Posts

Quote:
EXACTLY!

but some people said that no 2 players should be THAT important to a defensive unit and that lebeau shouldve been able to scheme his way around their absence.

(as if any 2nd or 3rd stringer can replace troy and aaron)
Old 09-19-2010, 09:51 PM   #7
lionslicer
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
EXACTLY!

but some people said that no 2 players should be THAT important to a defensive unit and that lebeau shouldve been able to scheme his way around their absence.

(as if any 2nd or 3rd stringer can replace troy and aaron)
Then every coach who's had great players play for them aren't really great coaches, they are just hacks and only the players deserve credit.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:55 PM   #8
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Troy helps
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:02 PM   #9
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
Then every coach who's had great players play for them aren't really great coaches, they are just hacks and only the players deserve credit.
I think we can all reasonably agree that it takes a great coach to gameplan and great players to execute it. Without both of these, you will probably fail.

Not too appreciative of the backhanded insult about football IQ. I don't claim to know more than the coaches like some others who post around here. If I did, I'd be trying to make half a mil or better doing it myself. But, I think my knowledge is better than average.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:04 PM   #10
lionslicer
Team President

Quote:
I think we can all reasonably agree that it takes a great coach to gameplan and great players to execute it. Without both of these, you will probably fail.

Not too appreciative of the backhanded insult about football IQ. I don't claim to know more than the coaches like some others who post around here. If I did, I'd be trying to make half a mil or better doing it myself. But, I think my knowledge is better than average.
I'm not insulting anyone, I'm trying to put consistancy into a lot of peoples arguements. It really bothers me when people argue about something when they are wrong or they don't back up their claims with FACTS. You can't just put opinions out there with out some bulk of information.