Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 03-06-2006, 09:22 AM   #21
WyomingCowgirlBarbie
Water Boy

Member Number: 1963
Default Re: Collective Bargaining Agreement..How it affects the Steelers

Have there been more stories about brett going to the browns? Like in the last 2 weeks? Did I miss something? I haven't seen any stories from the Browns camp saying they were looking at Brett. Just Ed. I think I will go to their site and search.
Go Keisel #99
WyomingCowgirlBarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:59 AM   #22
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
The man in question was the perma-tanned Victor Kiam.

Im sure he used to be on the adverts for the razors - looked like a used car salesman from what I remember.

"I loved the company so much - I bought the company" was his catchphrase.

NM

That's the guy. Victor "I loved it so much, I bought the company" Kiam. However, it wasn't out of love that he bought the Patriots.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:33 PM   #23
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,946 Times in 3,509 Posts

It now looks like a deal will get done (but we have heard that before over the last several days). Washington Post, which has been a pretty good source of information for weeks, states Tagliabue will recommend the deal he has worked out with Upshaw at the owners' meeting Tuesday.

Tags may recommend it but the question remains if he can sell at least a portion of the 9 rich owners on the deal. Two big sticking points are what sort of revenue gets counted into the % of revenue that will go to the players and how the richer teams' practice of getting around the salary cap by paying out huge bonuses that are paid in a lump sum but amortized over a number of years can be curbed (aka "cash over cap"). Although those rich owners have been sending out the word they will sue teh league if a revenue sharing model is imposed they do not like, Dan Rooney said several weeks ago if the gang of 9 hangs together they can block any deal, since 24 out of 32 owners must approve any deal.

It will be interesting if a subset of the 9 richest owners go for the deal and a smaller, more arrogant group of less than 9 rich owners (Danny Snyder and Jerry Jones?) votes against the CBA, loses, and then sues.

With regard to Snyder, one rumor is that if the Redskins have to perform a salary dump, Snyder will trade players for draft choices since he will have no concerns about paying new players in a capless 2007.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...600660_pf.html

In closing, I am among those who think no new CBA will be a disaster. For another take, I am linking to Peter King's Monday Morning QB column; King thinks gloom and doom is propoganda by Tagliabue. I disagree, but King has forgotten more about how the NFL operates than I will ever know.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...bor/index.html
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote