Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-20-2010, 07:39 AM   #1
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default The Steelers have weathered the storm

At 2-0 the Steelers have already accomplished what they needed to during Ben's suspension. They needed at least a 2-2 start and they got it. With the rest of the division all having a loss at the very worst they can be no more than 1 game out when Ben returns. This team will be a factor in the playoff race come December.

The rest of the NFL should be taking notice, because this D looks dominant. If the O gets fixed with Ben's return, the Steelers will be a tough out for any team.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
StillerzFreak
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15955
Default Re: The Steelers have weathered the storm

I agree! Couldn't be more happy with the start, especially in the division. I hoped for at least a 2-2 start and that has already been accomplished, now skies the limit. Bucs although are 2-0, should be a win if our defense and special teams keep playing the way they are and the Ravens haven't looked good in their first 2 games(10-9 win against the Jets, 10-15 loss to the Bungals). 4-0 is not out of the question by any means, but our offense needs to produce and sustain some drives.
StillerzFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:28 PM   #3
DoubleYoi
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15474

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillerzFreak View Post
I agree! Couldn't be more happy with the start, especially in the division. I hoped for at least a 2-2 start and that has already been accomplished, now skies the limit. Bucs although are 2-0, should be a win if our defense and special teams keep playing the way they are and the Ravens haven't looked good in their first 2 games(10-9 win against the Jets, 10-15 loss to the Bungals). 4-0 is not out of the question by any means, but our offense needs to produce and sustain some drives.
Ravens D hasn't given up a TD yet which means our anemic offense will have a tougher time against them than they did against Atlanta and Tennessee. Hopefully Leftwich is re-signed, healthy and the playbook opens up a bit more against the Bucs. It's kind of insane to think we are 2-0 while hardly being able to complete a pass more than 10 yards downfield. Don't get me wrong, Dixon has done well at managing the game while he was in there but Leftwich would be a breath of fresh air to me since he has the confidence and arm strenght to deliver a ball on the money 30 yards downfield.
DoubleYoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:35 PM   #4
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,332 Times in 3,278 Posts

The passing game is even worse than I expected - Ben presumably will change that

Agreed under any circumstances there will be something to play for when #7 returns, especially since the new and improved Ravens offense has a lot more new than improved

Like Vegas I had the Steelers 0-2 at this point - since I had Tampa as the one pre-Ben return win they probably will lose that game

With a 2-0 start I will be seriously pi**ed off if this team is anything less than 3-1 at the break
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:37 PM   #5
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Oh I hope that's not how the Steelers are looking at it. Sure recipe for a letdown. We need to go full throttle into Tampa and get that 3-0.