Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-20-2010, 09:04 AM   #1
Swashbuckler
Water Boy

Member Number: 16857
Default Greetings from Tampa Bay

Some of you will get to know me over the next few days, some may not. I gotta say though, it's nice to be around knowledgeable , die-hard football fans again. And no worries, I'm not going to spend my entire time here to making your lives as miserable as possible like I did the Panthers fans. I got it in for them like you all do Cleveland. I DO welcome a jest here and there because after all, is football not a game of pride? And those 2 rings since 2006 deserves a lot of respect. You have certainly have mine.

I'm looking forward to talking some football and I'm looking forward to the game! Gimme a shout Steeler Nation!
Swashbuckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:20 AM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,661 Times in 2,890 Posts
Default Re: Greetings from Tampa Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
And no worries, I'm not going to spend my entire time here to making your lives as miserable as possible like I did the Panthers fans. !
its all good. welcome to steelersfever.

bucs fans have made a great showing here so far and its only monday.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,773 Times in 885 Posts

Yup, come on over. I'm still not gonna feel too boastful with maybe Charlie Batch starting and some injuries piling up.

If the Steelers dont score on defense or special teams, they arent gonna put much on the board this week either. I was hopeful for a 2-2 start, but with that already secure......anything else is gravy.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:19 AM   #4
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,032 Times in 2,578 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

welcome. won't be taking your bucs for granted, they look much improved this year. should be a tough game

that and our offense couldn't score with paris hilton
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:24 AM   #5
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Welcome aboard! Like Tony said, Bucs fans have shown up well so far...glad to have as many here as want to come over to enjoy the upcoming game with us.

I too was just hoping for 2-2 while Ben was out, and now that that is accomplished I can sit back and relax a little. Ok that's a lie, come game time I'll probably be as worked up as ever lol.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to the game. I don't get to watch a lot of Bucs games, so its great to hear about what our team will have to prepare for from the opposing teams fans.

Here's to a good game Sunday!

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:32 AM   #6
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Cheerful

Sorry, but the Steelers defense is going to stomp your young QB into submission. He has never seen a defense like this one. Whether the Steeler's offense can score is a whole nother thing. So I make no predictions on who will win. But be very scared that your QB will make it through the game in one piece. They made Matt Ryan and Vince Young both look like scared high school kids.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:47 AM   #7
Swashbuckler
Water Boy

Member Number: 16857

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
Sorry, but the Steelers defense is going to stomp your young QB into submission. He has never seen a defense like this one. Whether the Steeler's offense can score is a whole nother thing. So I make no predictions on who will win. But be very scared that your QB will make it through the game in one piece. They made Matt Ryan and Vince Young both look like scared high school kids.
Agreed, it's gonna probably come down to a game of field goals for us... if you even let us get that far. I'm still confident that this game is winnable for my Bucs. With Ben on your offense I give us a snowball's chance in hell against you guys. I figure you guys win like 20-7 or 20-3. With him out I imagine we match up A LOT better, at least offensively. And call me nuts but I believe we can still win the game but it would probably be something like 10-7. I said to the Panthers fans, "It's not about us being a better football team, it's that you lost your QB, your new one has a concussion and your best player is now playing for the Bears.. thereby our team is better matched against you." You guys have the defense but with Ben out... there's still some hope for us.

I don't expect much running out of us because your d-line will probably manhandle our o-line all day and I know Cadillac is gonna get stomped like a ****roach on the brand new tile floor. Josh Freeman is gonna have to win this for us. Can he do it? I'll give him a vote of confidence because he somehow finds ways to win and he has won the improbable games for us before. No offense to you guys but I trust him a hell of a lot more than Charlie Batch or whoever it is you'll be playing. It'll be an ugly win for sure if we get it. But then again you have to take those wins and win those games when your opponent is at such a major disadvantage. The odds are probably 70:30 in favor of the Steelers, but of course that's what all the talking heads at ESPN gave us to beat Cleveland and Carolina. Both are 0-2.

But Cleveland at 0-2? What's the surprise there? HIYO!
Swashbuckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:24 PM   #8
acaton
Water Boy

Member Number: 16867

Another Tampa fan here greetings to the Steeler fans! Born in Ohio grew up a Bengals fan (I know I know) but escaped to Florida in 85' and became a Bucs fan after Culverhouse.

Looks to be a good game next Sunday...may it be injury free.

Good luck to ya.
acaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:06 PM   #9
Buc Bradshaw
Water Boy

Member Number: 16868

Greetings Steeler Fans and fellow Buc Fans,

2nd post. Just dropped to show support for Swashy's post. Bet you thought it was Terry Bradshaw. Shows what you know. All kidding aside, It's simply to get the Buc name in there in addition to recognizing your teams history. That Bradshaw guy sure had a habit of turning my TV screen Black and Yellow at playoff time back in the day.

I have a funny feeling your D will leave our boys a lttle bruised up. It's a good thing they have the bye for Game 4 to recover. Any team can beat any team on any given day. We'll see what happens

Here's to a good game , no injuries.

Go Bucs
Buc Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:17 PM   #10
BlackAndGold4Ever
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 8179

Greetings, should be another defensive game in the hot weather

www.steelersinhoboken.com
BlackAndGold4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote