Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-20-2010, 11:26 PM   #41
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,245 Times in 1,804 Posts
Default Re: Greetings from Tampa Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
Whats funny is the fact that the steelers were defeated by the Browns last year.
thats the law of averages ... you can't win em all....we bitch slapped em twice a year for 10 straight years. ... even a broken clock is right twice a day.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:33 PM   #42
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,954 Times in 4,537 Posts

Quote:
Whats funny is the fact that the steelers were defeated by the Browns last year.
they beat us this one other time, too.

Quote:
Bookmarks.
do people really do that? bookmark posts?
Old 09-20-2010, 11:38 PM   #43
Incognito
Water Boy

Member Number: 16874

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
do people really do that? bookmark posts?
Well yes. If you want to be able to easily find it later.
Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:42 PM   #44
tony hipchest
Supporter

you wont wanna find it later.

just razzing you bro.

lets talk some football and find out why you think the bucs are the better team right now.

you really wouldnt trade your wr's/TE or LB corps for ours? you dont like polamalu?
Old 09-21-2010, 12:00 AM   #45
Incognito
Water Boy

Member Number: 16874

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
you wont wanna find it later.

just razzing you bro.

lets talk some football and find out why you think the bucs are the better team right now.

you really wouldnt trade your wr's/TE or LB corps for ours? you dont like polamalu?
Why do I think we're the better team right now? The QB is a very important part of the team... and thats where you guys are hurting right now. Playing a good D just puts salt in the wound.

No I wouldn't trade for your WRs.

Don't know much about your TEs

Your LBs are good. I might trade for them.

Yes Polamalu AND his hair is awesome.
Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:13 AM   #46
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,148 Times in 863 Posts

Quote:
Oh boy, if you're going by that logic and are expecting that same team from last year going into Sunday then you will be sadly mistaken and very, very, very dissapointed. You guys lost to Buffalo, who wasn't that far away from being worse than Cleveland, and you also went on your way to a whopping 3 win season. This isn't 2009 now is it ;)

Freeman might have upside and could be a sleeper QB to rise up in his later years, but LeBeau versus a 2nd year QB? I don't think it's even a close comparison. It's actually as big of a mis-match that ever presents itself. Freeman might be able to handle a Cleveland Browns or Carolina Panthers bad-mediocre at best defense's, but all of this talk about the Steelers falling into a trap, we might be talking about a back down to reality game for Tampa Bay.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:17 AM   #47
MikeHaullace
Starter

Member Number: 16733
Cool Re: Greetings from Tampa Bay

Quote:
He's better than you think.

I'm just thankful that we're not coming to this game with Byron Leftovers at the helm.
I'm thankful that we'll be playing 75% of our games with Big Ben and Big D.

Speaking of D...

No way Freeman does anything meaningful against this defense. When reality sets in for you about halfway through the 2nd quarter, you'll see that the kid won't know what to do with what is being thrown at him. He'll probably come out of the game pulling a Vince Young " They did some things that I haven’t seen before."

This defense, when healthy, is special. This has taken *years* of building and development. There's nothing special about your offense, or Freeman's ability/talent for that matter. (other than the obvious "he's a pro QB" retort)

I, for one, look forward to your post-game appearance... Or lack there-of.

Oh yeah. Welcome to the board.
MikeHaullace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:22 AM   #48
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,145 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

I'm going to move this to the Blast Furnace...have at it y'all.

P.S. The Steelers LB's are going to kick the shit out of Freeman and Co. on Sunday...be sure of that. Supposedly Matt Ryan and VY were going to wreck the Steelers with their wily passing games and hardcore running backs...that shit didn't work out so well for them either.

If the Bucs win this game it will be on TO's and TO's only. Mark that shit down.

Last edited by SteelCityMom; 09-21-2010 at 12:43 AM. Reason: spelling error
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:31 AM   #49
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Why do I think we're the better team right now? The QB is a very important part of the team... and thats where you guys are hurting right now. Playing a good D just puts salt in the wound.

No I wouldn't trade for your WRs.

Yes Polamalu AND his hair is awesome.
really? here are your "receivers"-

Kellen Winslow 8 115 14.4 40 0 oops... nope... a TE
Mike Williams 7 84 12.0 35 2
Earnest Graham 6 41 6.8 14 1 oops .... nope... isnt he the FB?
Cadillac Williams 3 31 10.3 20 0 oops... nope.... a running back with 3 catches
Micheal Spurlock 2 49 24.5 33 1
Sammie Stroughter 2 32 16.0 18 0
Jerramy Stevens 1 8 oops... nope... another TE

you wouldnt take hines and wallace???

Quote:
Don't know much about your TEs
our tight end is called heath miller.

we know plenty about your tight ends... soljah kenivel makes ben riding around on a motorcycle w/o a helmet look like childs play. joey porter punked bitch ass stevens the last time we played him in SB XL.

Quote:
Your LBs are good. I might trade for them.
you "might" huh?

yeah, they are half way decent unless you have an aversion with pro bowlers and defensive MVP's.

mendenhall >>> cadillac

willie parker >>> cadillac
Old 09-21-2010, 12:32 AM   #50
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,148 Times in 863 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
I'm going to move this to the Blast Furnace...have at it y'all.

P.S. The Steelers LB's are going to kick the shit out of Freeman and Co. on Sunday...be sure of that. Supposedly Matt Ryan and VY were going to wreck the Steelers with their wily passing games and hardcore running backs...that shit didn't work out so well for them either.

If the Bucs with this game it will be on TO's and TO's only. Mark that shit down.
Exactly. Atlanta was supposedly going to score more than 30 points on us in an "easy win" and Tennessee's Vince Young and Chris Johnson was supposed to be a two headed monster that would send the Steelers into the fetal position on their way to a route. We all know how that turned out.

I'm sure we've ALL watched the Steelers for quite some time now. We've always been a defensive run city and been in the top 5 in defense since I could possibly remember. With that said, THIS is the stingiest I've EVER seen them play thus far and we are going to get punk'd by a 2nd year QB who hasn't even won 10 games yet?

There's a point to where you can only take so much with the dis-respect from people not aware of how we do things. I get that Tampa Bay fans are excited from their fast start, but they will clearly be out-classed by the Steelers team this Sunday, who returns mostly ALL of the same players from their recent decade 2 Super Bowl victories. What does Tampa Bay return?

This could be an intriguing matchup and if we can't get anything going on offense, then I expect the Bucs to be in it for sure, but if we so happen to be clicking on offense just a tad then I don't see how Tampa can keep up talent wise for 4 qrts.