Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 03-07-2006, 05:04 PM   #21
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875
Default Re: isaac bruce could replace randel el

Bruce will probably end up staying with the Rams after all.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:14 PM   #22
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

I'm going to be upset if Randle El goes because I like him and his razzle-dazzle, but from everything I've heard, the Steelers are going to try their best to keep him. We'll see...
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:30 PM   #23
pittsburgh$teelersfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1466

I want Ike Taylor signed to a long term deal.
pittsburgh$teelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:21 PM   #24
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
I'm going to be upset if Randle El goes because I like him and his razzle-dazzle, but from everything I've heard, the Steelers are going to try their best to keep him. We'll see...
I kind of have been hearing the opposite. Yes, El wants to stay and will be willing to take a little less to come back to Pittsburgh, but I think there are teams that are going to offer him a lot and we won't be able to come within the million or two it would take to keep him. It also kind of seemed like when Ben and Heinz made their plea to keep him, they didn't seem like they really believe it is going to happen.
I do love El and I hope we see him in the black and gold. If he leaves I will be upset, but I also feel he can be replaced if need be.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:57 AM   #25
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,140 Times in 3,095 Posts

i think we can say good bye to randel el. i. bruce just re signed with the rams for 3 yrs/15 mil. with 6 mil guaranteed in the 1st year. he has just set the market for el and pats can probably kiss givens goodbye too. i wish i were wrong but both these youngsters will feel like they are worth more than the 33 year old bruce. rams kinda screwed it up for us with their new found salary cap $$$ by paying him for things done in the past. granted he is about the same age as marvin harrison but marvin isnt the clear cut #2 guy like bruce is. i am comfortable with the receivers we got, and drafting one in the 2nd round to groom and picking up the penn state qb in the latter rounds.

for the price of el we can keep morgan, justify 2 mil spent on c. wilson and pay for atleast 2 rookies. thats a 4 for 1 on the wr position i can live with.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #26
Ohio Steeler
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2142

EL's days in the burgh are done with I dont see us re-signing him
Old 03-10-2006, 12:18 PM   #27
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,140 Times in 3,095 Posts

i dont think wed sign him for 4 million, let alone more than 6. cedric wilsons 4 year $8 million deal keeps looking better and better every day.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:34 PM   #28
shutdown
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1445

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl

you guessed right. :)
Old 03-10-2006, 01:25 PM   #29
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Bruce is returining to the Rams, they just worked out a new deal...

Quote:
Just five days after being released by the St. Louis Rams for salary cap reasons, four-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Isaac Bruce rejoined the only team for which he has every played.

Bruce has agreed to a new, three-year deal worth $15 million, which the team announced Friday afternoon.

The contract will pay Bruce $6 million in 2006. Under his previous contract, he would have earned $8.1 million total from a roster bonus ($1.5 million), base salary ($6.5 million) and workout bonus ($100,000).

Although he received immediate interest from several teams after his release on Sunday night, and could have signed elsewhere because he did not have to wait until the start of the free agency period, Bruce's aim was to return to the Rams, if possible, to complete his career. One of the team's most interested in Bruce was the Detroit Lions, where former Rams head coach Mike Martz is the new offensive coordinator.

But Rams officials maintained a dialogue with Bruce and agent Jimmy Sexton, and the wide receiver met with team officials, including first-year coach Scott Linehan, on Thursday to discuss his future. Linehan reiterated to Bruce what he had said publicly, that he projected him as still fitting into the team's plans, and wanted him to return if salary terms could be agreed upon.

"I'm excited that we have worked out a deal," Linehan said. "I'd been optimistic all along that we would be able to get this done."

Negotiations with the Rams were aimed at meeting both sides' priorities. Bruce never visited other teams and there were no substantive contract talks with other franchises. Bruce, 33, represents the final link to the Rams' days in Los Angeles, having been the club's second-round draft choice in 1994. He is one of the most popular players in the St. Louis community and highly regarded by club officials and teammates.

The 12-year veteran has appeared in 167 games and started in 154 of them. He has 813 receptions for 12,278 yards and 77 touchdowns. Six times, Bruce has posted 75 or more catches in a season and he has seven seasons of 1,000 yards or more. His 73-yard touchdown reception provided St. Louis the winning score in its Super Bowl XXXIV victory over the Tennessee Titans.

Limited to 11 appearances in 2005 because of injuries, Bruce had 36 catches and 525 yards, his lowest totals since 1998, when a severe hamstring injury forced him to miss 11 contests. But the Rams and other teams feel Bruce has not slipped much physically and still has some productive years remaining.

link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2362534
Old 03-10-2006, 02:50 PM   #30
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

I think ARE will stay because he said he was going to put it in God's hands and we all know God is a Steeler fan :)
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote