Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-21-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
joeyssteelcurtain
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11092
Default How do you feel about trading Ben now?

I'm was happy to watch the Steelers win the first 2 games of the season but to tell you the truth those games were difficult to watch especially when we had the ball so after watching the game I began to remember the off season and all of those people calling for the Steelers to trad Big Ben and let Dixion play and here we are today. Well one thing I remember is someone saying that we wouldn't see as many sacks with Dixion behind center and that his game would really improve with experience and I'll admit I wasn't expecting a whole lot from him but I didn't think he look this bad and it isn't just the play calling, he doesn't scan the field but instead locks onto the target from the snap of the ball, this is something that is reminicent of the college game and doesn't work in the NFL. I now know what this team looks like without an elite QB and it isn't pretty, infact it is down right horrible, now I know how Jets fans feel. How high do you rate BR now, I can say with all honesty that he is right up there with P. Manning and Brady, and I don't think any of those QBs would look good playing for the Steelers with the way the O-Line performs, look at how the Pats did against the Jets when Brady had to move around in the pocket, it was a disaster. I'm actually glad that BR has had this suspension because it is showing how much this team needs him, it also showed that the team needs to look at getting another back up QB, DD is an athelete, not a QB and the only thing I see for him in the NFL is maybe a third back in a wild cat formation, nothing more. I like DD but let us be real, I know he played against tough Ds but the overload blitz yesterday that got him and forced a fumble was on him, he turned his back to the blind side and locked onto his target never once looking anywhere else, he looks very indecisive when it comes to running the ball and even admittied he wants to be a pocket passer instead of embrassing his gift of quickness and using his talents to move the ball and that is mind set and isn't going to go away. Now we all know the problem with Batch being fragile and Leftwich having that big slow windup so without BR where does that leave this team? I really believe this experience has been a big eye opener for all of us fans as once again we learn the meaning of the old phase,' you don't know what you've got until its gone' !! I hope we all rlize this and are happy once Big Ben comes back to the black and gold!

"I'm BLACK and GOLD until I'm dead and cold"
joeyssteelcurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:53 AM   #2
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,154 Times in 479 Posts
Default Re: How do you feel about trading Ben now?

How do I feel about Ben? The same way I felt about him when he was drafted with the 11th pick of the 2004 NFL Draft, and the same way I felt about him when he hoisted 2 Super Bowl trophies over his head.

As a fans perspective, I'm honored we found our man to play franchise QB for us for many years to come and even though people make mistakes behind the scenes and off the field, his on-field performance and what he means to our team can NOT be overlooked when it comes to being fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I'll continue to buy his merchandise and go to war with him with the haters all round. The dude deserves to make it right and be given a chance to start his life over from a personal perspective.

As far as missing him NOW, boy is it bad. When he started this pre-season and see how sharp and fit he looked, I knew it was going to be a rough one without him. He's been out of the public eye for some time now and we still have 3 solid weeks to survive without him and we've struggled mightily as an offense without him. Big Ben is missed by 100% of the Steelers Nation right now, regardless of how some might feel about his behavior, which should be put behind us.

Seeing him run through the tunnels of Heinz Field on October 17th will be one big sigh of relief in the midst of the Terrible Towel faithful. No doubt he'll get a warm welcome home, all the way to Superbowl 45!
Old 09-21-2010, 11:02 AM   #3
joeyssteelcurtain
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11092

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
How do I feel about Ben? The same way I felt about him when he was drafted with the 11th pick of the 2004 NFL Draft, and the same way I felt about him when he hoisted 2 Super Bowl trophies over his head.

As a fans perspective, I'm honored we found our man to play franchise QB for us for many years to come and even though people make mistakes behind the scenes and off the field, his on-field performance and what he means to our team can NOT be overlooked when it comes to being fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I'll continue to buy his merchandise and go to war with him with the haters all round. The dude deserves to make it right and be given a chance to start his life over from a personal perspective.

As far as missing him NOW, boy is it bad. When he started this pre-season and see how sharp and fit he looked, I knew it was going to be a rough one without him. He's been out of the public eye for some time now and we still have 3 solid weeks to survive without him and we've struggled mightily as an offense without him. Big Ben is missed by 100% of the Steelers Nation right now, regardless of how some might feel about his behavior, which should be put behind us.

Seeing him run through the tunnels of Heinz Field on October 17th will be one big sigh of relief in the midst of the Terrible Towel faithful. No doubt he'll get a warm welcome home, all the way to Superbowl 45!

Yea same here i have always been a Ben fan i love how he plays the game And boy o boy do we need him

"I'm BLACK and GOLD until I'm dead and cold"
joeyssteelcurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:24 AM   #4
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Love BR7....But one more blowup, he is as good as gone!
Old 09-21-2010, 11:25 AM   #5
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775

I've been a Ben supporter since day 1.

But now, for me, there are two Bens. There's Ben the football player and Ben the person.

Ben the person has let me down tremendously. He will have to win me back I'm afraid. That's just the way it is.

From Ben the football player, I know what he is capable of but I still think he can get better as well.

From the two of them I would like to see a more professional and dedicated approach to excellence.

I don't expect Ben to be lights out when he comes back either. He will have had a long lay off and I expect to see a considerable amount of rust. I think he will struggle some for that and also for the absence of Holmes. There have been a lot of outside detractors of Ben over the years. But one thing they fail to mention is that he has had to consistently cope with a revolving carousel of wide receivers. Ben's been great at adapting so hopefully he can adjust to this currently depleted corp.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:16 PM   #6
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Innocent

I have always backed Ben. He has made some bad choices, but I hope he has truely changed. On the field he is elite.
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #7
scsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 8491

I Hope Ben retires as a Steeler but I think most like myself was looking to the future and saying what would we do if Ben was not able to be here. Thank God the Raiders did not want to pay the bill to get him in the off season.

As far as Dixon I think he has missed his shot to show that he can be the Steelers NFL QB but you never know. I think he will be here next year but we do need to draft a young QB in the upcoming draft and HELL NO WE SHOULD NOT LOOK TO LIENART if he becomes available. He is no better that Dixon.
scsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:25 PM   #8
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

He has helped win 2 Super Bowls for the team. His personal choices may or may not have been the best but he has not been charged with anything in a court of law. There is not criminal investigation going on and zero charges have been filed.

He may make poor choices in women outside of the locker room and field but they hired him for his game playing ability.

Until he gets charged with something in a court of law its all hearsay. We live in America and that means INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

I will take number 7 any day of the week over the majority of QBs in this league. Its business folks. Athletes should not be a role model for your children, good teachers, coaches, and YOU should be.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #9
smokeykurt
Water Boy

Member Number: 16827

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
I've been a Ben supporter since day 1.

Ben the person has let me down tremendously. He will have to win me back I'm afraid. That's just the way it is.

Ok, get off your high horse, He's a person just like you and me, people are flawed, and aside from the media bloating a big nothing into something, he hasn't done anything incredibly terrible or unforgivable.

He doesn't have to win you back. A huge huge huge chunk of Pittsburgh loves him, even now, and that's more than he'll ever need in terms of fan support.

In terms of how i feel about trading Ben? Franchise suicide in terms of good offensive gameplay for at least 3-5 years..nuff said. Trading him would be even dumber than when we traded Holmes. Screw the Steelers management taking morality into their own hands, lets get back to the game and play some friggin football in my opinion lol.
smokeykurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:48 PM   #10
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeykurt View Post
Ok, get off your high horse, He's a person just like you and me, people are flawed, and aside from the media bloating a big nothing into something, he hasn't done anything incredibly terrible or unforgivable.

He doesn't have to win you back. A huge huge huge chunk of Pittsburgh loves him, even now, and that's more than he'll ever need in terms of fan support.

In terms of how i feel about trading Ben? Franchise suicide in terms of good offensive gameplay for at least 3-5 years..nuff said. Trading him would be even dumber than when we traded Holmes. Screw the Steelers management taking morality into their own hands, lets get back to the game and play some friggin football in my opinion lol.
You must be young....The thing that seperates the Steelers from the rest, is a team run by a family with family type values. Not perfect, but closer than most!