Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-21-2010, 07:24 PM   #1
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Posturing

As a big Steelers fan I have to ask "What's up with all this posturing?"

Why act as if the whole country was crazy to be concerned about the Steelers without Ben? I think what people were predicting was the 31st ranked offense that we have.

Just because they didn't predict the defense, which they thought would be good, to be THIS amazing doesn't mean their concerns were unfounded. We won 2 nail-biters and now we are getting ****y? If Clark didn't come back to help BMac on that play, it was going to be a TD with a potential tie coming up.

We haven't scored a single TD in regulation yet...never mind Red Zone TDs.

On a positive note, the defense is 2 for 2 in coming through at clutch times...even though these were not leads like the 5 they blew in the 4th quarter last year without Troy, they were still opportunities to step up or choke.

1. Overtime -Atlanta gets the ball first and they are stopped.
2. Tenn driving with a chance to tie with a TD and a 2 point conversion and they are stopped.

That's what we would like to see...Timely Excellence. Last year, without Troy, they would have botched those 2.

Let's Do this. Put up 3 offensive TDs against TB then let's talk smack and posture.
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
SteelKnight
Team President

Default Re: Posturing

Tomlin cheered me up about the offense by reminding me about 3 potential touchdowns

1. Wallace dropped. It was a tough catch though. If he did come through, he probably would have scored.
2. Hines fade route. Tomlin says Hines has to make that catch.
3. Holding call. It was a decent thing to do because batch would have been sacked otherwise with possibly injury, sack/fumble plus loss of down in addition to the sack yards. But had we had Starks, maybe that would not be the case.

Still I'll get confident when I see a real TD in Tampa.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:11 PM   #3
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

yeah we need to improve on the redzone stuff....week after week coming up with field goals only.......

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:54 PM   #4
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,529 Posts

arians sucks

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:09 AM   #5
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,052 Times in 2,588 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
Tomlin cheered me up about the offense by reminding me about 3 potential touchdowns

1. Wallace dropped. It was a tough catch though. If he did come through, he probably would have scored.
2. Hines fade route. Tomlin says Hines has to make that catch.
3. Holding call. It was a decent thing to do because batch would have been sacked otherwise with possibly injury, sack/fumble plus loss of down in addition to the sack yards. But had we had Starks, maybe that would not be the case.

Still I'll get confident when I see a real TD in Tampa.
#2 shoulda happened. I don't see hines dropping many of those, it does happen to the best sometimes though
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:14 AM   #6
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
yeah we need to improve on the redzone stuff....week after week coming up with field goals only.......
Glad I added Jeff Reed to my fantasy team. He went undrafted and after I saw our week one performance, I knew what the deal was.

I wonder if the 21 yards passing is a record in a win.

Our Red Zone second down calls suck. It's always a bad call that forces an all or none 3rd down which we inevitably lose. They should try to get the first down or TD on second down then if they fail, they have another try.

We could easily have been 0-2. I'm happy we won but the defense will mess up eventually. The offense needs to score.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:18 AM   #7
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
#2 shoulda happened. I don't see hines dropping many of those, it does happen to the best sometimes though
The Steelers have too many 3rd downs on drives. Not all teams are like that. Some other teams get some first downs on first or second. If you require a 3rd down all the time...especially in the Red Zone, you will lose many and have your drives cut short. Don't even let it get to 3rd down...unless it is 3rd and 1 or something.

Be more creative on second down. Have the players run BEYOND the sticks.

Screens are awesome. Let's see some more. That will slow the blitz.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:45 AM   #8
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
I wonder if the 21 yards passing is a record in a win.
No, but ironically enough, we were also involved in the record-setting game... on the wrong end of it. I don't think I will ever forget that one. Ten net yards passing. Ouch.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:01 AM   #9
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
No, but ironically enough, we were also involved in the record-setting game... on the wrong end of it. I don't think I will ever forget that one. Ten net yards passing. Ouch.
then there was this one...17 net yards passing...the real shit kicker was i was watching it with a raider fan , spotted him 8 points for $20 .....

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/200610...lyze/box-score

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:09 AM   #10
SteelKnight
Team President

I don't get what you guys are saying. The links you have both provided have net passing yards of more than you are suggesting.

On a side note, I've discovered the Bucs secret weapon for the game.

Hopefully the players can avoid looking towards the sideline.

Chis Berman has nicknamed her. Her name is Marlana "The homewrecker" Aref.