Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-06-2006, 08:39 PM   #11
pittsburgh$teelersfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1466
Default Re: Arrington release, why not?

I would love to have lavar starting over larry foote.
pittsburgh$teelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:07 PM   #12
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDude66687
Lol that would b like bringing in TO, between Arrrington and TO i'd choose TO cause TO is a difference maker
umm that would be nothing like bringing in TO
Old 03-06-2006, 10:15 PM   #13
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by St33lers
maybe true, but couldnt you see cowher putting him on the right track? gibbs sure isnt intimitading. but you might be right, he may not be smart enough for the job
Supposedly Gibbs is pretty firm with the discipline and that's why Lavar didn't get a lot playing time even when he was healthy this past season.

Lavar wanted to do things his own way out on the field and that's when Gibbs and Williams showed him where the bench was.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:18 PM   #14
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,926 Times in 3,001 Posts

lavar over larry??? does anyone realize that arrington will be one of the highest priced free agents in this off season. ive heard plenty of people call for joey porters head because of his miniscule 4.5 mil contract. and hes part of the heartbeat of the steelers. if you think lavar would like to play for his hometown on the cheap, think again, hes been there and done that in highschool. if lavar would take a cheaper deal than foote than im all for it. thats not happening though.

what the hell is wrong with foote?
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:22 PM   #15
lank81
Water Boy

Member Number: 1904

Actually if we could ever bring Lavar in to the mix I would start him over Clark Haggans rather than Larry Foote. Foote does his job and he plays hard. Clark Haggans besides the New England game and the Super Bowl due to everyone worrying about Joey and Kimo and 3 guys needing to block Casey he was one on one with a medicore at best Tackle. Haggans is paid too much, gets hurt all the time and doesn't even play close to what his supposed "potential" is. Foote has improved, but still is not outstanding with his tackling. He's made some great plays at times and has been way more productive over the entire season than Haggans. I think he has done well with our scheme and will improve year in and year out. Is he a Farrior, No. A Porter, No, even though Joey shows up in spurts. Talk to Lavar, maybe even offer Lavar a contract. Duce whined and complained when benched at Philly, but took a paycut and sat the bench for the Steelers. Everyone talked about Quicy's work ethic and his whining at times and he came in to the mold and fit right in as if he was always a Steeler. The SteelCity changes people, maybe not TO, but Lavar I think would do fine. Go Steelers!
lank81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:29 AM   #16
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988

Lavar wants another big pay day. Nor do I expect the Steelers to waste any cap room money on a LB while they have other spots to fill. So no Lavar in Pittsburgh.
Petesburgh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:55 AM   #17
schoondog
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
lavar over larry??? does anyone realize that arrington will be one of the highest priced free agents in this off season. ive heard plenty of people call for joey porters head because of his miniscule 4.5 mil contract. and hes part of the heartbeat of the steelers. if you think lavar would like to play for his hometown on the cheap, think again, hes been there and done that in highschool. if lavar would take a cheaper deal than foote than im all for it. thats not happening though.

what the hell is wrong with foote?

there is no way laVar is becoming a steeler, He just gave up 4 plus million to get out of washington he's going to sign a big contract somewhere to get that money back more likely in the nfc east as he as said he wants to go back to washington once a year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2355921
schoondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:26 AM   #18
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
I see him as a 6 game player...he'd get all fired up for about the first 6 games, then revert back to his Redskins form, bellyaching and complaining and grandstanding.

Nope.
Nothing Porter and company couldn't handle to set him straight.....can you imagine Polamalu flying off the top of the goalpost drop kicking Arrington in the head?A few times would do the trick then it would be "Yes Sir Mr Porter...Whatever you say Mr Porter...I'll stay in my lanes Mr Porter!!!....LOL

BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:59 AM   #19
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Yup, he turned down 4.4 mil from a contending team. Take LA off the Steelers board...there's no chance of this happening.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:26 AM   #20
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367

Arrington has always said it's been his dream forever to play for the Steelers. But, in no way do I see him fitting on this team, as a matter of fact, I don't see him fitting in on most teams. Arrington is a free lancer, he roams the field and does what he wants. He's an excellent talent and a great athlete, but as a linebacker in the NFL, you need to play your defensive scheme, not just do what you think is best.