Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
jus4bucs
Water Boy

Member Number: 16891
Default Hey Steelers fans

Bucs fan checking in for this weeks game, after about 15 minutes on the forum I can tell that you guys are just good football people in general. You are very humble and you all seem to be very football savvy.

Before today I was excited about the game, but now I am frightened. Our best safety just got suspended until September 22nd 2011 and our center Jeff Faine has a leg injury and may not start sunday which is a huge issue for our young quarterback versus your tough nosed defense.

Here's to an injury free(hopefully) and a physical contest between two hungry teams. Talk again soon
jus4bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,199 Times in 3,492 Posts
Default Re: Hey Steelers fans

we signed back up safety will allen from the bucs. last time we signed a no name back up safety for a modest contract it was ryan clark.

thanks! (and welcome to the board)

in my 5 years here, this may be the greatest showing of opponents teams fans for a single game (other than the SB's)

very impressive and y'all have been a cordial bunch.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:10 PM   #3
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus4bucs View Post
Bucs fan checking in for this weeks game, after about 15 minutes on the forum I can tell that you guys are just good football people in general. You are very humble and you all seem to be very football savvy.

Before today I was excited about the game, but now I am frightened. Our best safety just got suspended until September 22nd 2011 and our center Jeff Faine has a leg injury and may not start sunday which is a huge issue for our young quarterback versus your tough nosed defense.

Here's to an injury free(hopefully) and a physical contest between two hungry teams. Talk again soon
Bummer about your safety....Holmes comes to mind which is why he is no longer a Steeler. You'd think these guys would learn. They get paid big bucks to entertain us not do drugs.....lol. Most of us get random drug test at work maybe they should get em weekly.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:17 PM   #4
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,370 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:

Welcome. I'm glad we are getting some fan interaction between both organizations lately. Falcons represented their fanbase well in week 1 and even a Titans fan offered us some good fortune.

Those are some significant injuries for you guys, esp at the safety position, but remember now that we are down to our 3rd quarterback and our offensive line shifts continues with our NOW starting right guard going down in Trai Essex. If it's going to be another scorcher, that could be an advantage since we had major rotation last week in Tenn but your defensive front can take advantage of the right side of that line since we'll be pounding it up the gut 9 times outta 10.

I must say though, with an entire gameplan now being formed around Charlie, expect some passing lanes to open up and for us to have a better day through the air. As for your offensive outlook: Good luck, it will be needed

Here's to an injury free game, Bucs fans!
Old 09-23-2010, 09:55 AM   #5
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Member Number: 11604

Thanks for stopping by, good luck this weekend. It should be another defensive grinder.
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:07 AM   #6
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,125 Times in 442 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
we signed back up safety will allen from the bucs. last time we signed a no name back up safety for a modest contract it was ryan clark.

thanks! (and welcome to the board)

in my 5 years here, this may be the greatest showing of opponents teams fans for a single game (other than the SB's)

very impressive and y'all have been a cordial bunch.
i was thinking the same thing, they are coming out of the wood work. i am dissapointed though i was hoping for an ass bucks fan to slap around. all these guys seem pretty cool
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:51 AM   #7
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Very impressed with TB fans, here's to a good game!
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:53 AM   #8
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

Tampa Bay has fans??? It will be interesting to see how many Steeler fans are in the stands on Sunday. It has been like a home game atmosphere in so many stadiums. I personally don't care about injuries to their center and their player getting suspended for being stupid. We have injuries all over the place that would cripple most teams. That is all part of the game and I hope it helps us stomp them in the ground. There is no mercy in football. It just shows how good our FO and coaching staff are that they continue to put a competetive team on the field despite all of the injuries and stupidity by certain people. I think our young WRs are going to turn out to be better than Santokio Holmes ever was and Ben is going to come back with a vengeance after his baseless, unproved allegations against him. Woe be to those teams that get the Steelers starting in Week 6.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #9
jus4bucs
Water Boy

Member Number: 16891

The game is still going to be blacked out, despite the Steelers Nation taking over Raymond James...
The fans here make me sick quite honestly.
jus4bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #10
joeyssteelcurtain
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11092

Quote:
The game is still going to be blacked out, despite the Steelers Nation taking over Raymond James...
The fans here make me sick quite honestly.
They only had 1,500 seats left they might sell out

"I'm BLACK and GOLD until I'm dead and cold"
joeyssteelcurtain is offline   Reply With Quote