Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-22-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Steelers to wear black in Tampa

| More
View From The Press Box
http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-t...ss+Box+Blog%29

Steelers to wear black in Tampa

September 22nd, 2010

Here are some tidbits from the Steelers

-- As expected, the Steelers will be the men in black Sunday in Tampa Bay. Buccaneers coach Raheem Morris said during a conference call Wednesday that Tampa Bay will wear its home (white) jerseys for the 1 p.m. game.

He downplayed the effect that the heat will have on the Steelers even though they had dehydration issues last Sunday in Tennessee -- and the black jerseys they will again have to wear.

“I don’t know if you can use psychological warfare on a team like the Pittsburgh Steelers,” Morris said. “You’re talking about a mentally tough team that’s out there with their head coach that’s also mentally tough, and I don’t think he’s going to let little things like that that affect him.”

-- Morris had nothing but good things to say about Byron Leftwich, whom he benched last season after the Buccaneers got off to an 0-3 start.

Leftwich eventually gave way at quarterback to rookie Josh Freeman, a first-round draft pick in 2009. Morris said Leftwich mentored Freeman, who will start against the Steelers, even after he lost his starting job.

“He really gave us great direction in the beginning. He taught Freeman how to become a quarterback, how to lead as a quarterback, how to prepare,” Morris said. “It just so happens the success of the team didn’t happen right away as far as his leadership and being under his control. And a lot things play into that. Always the first person to get the blame would be the quarterback and the head coach is next.

“He’s a great guy. He’s got that Magic Johnson-like smile that everybody loves, and he lights up a room. He was a pleasure to be around for a year for me.”

-- The Steelers have re-signed defensive tackle Steve McLendon to their practice squad. Also, outside linebacker James Harrison has been named AFC Defensive Player of the Week.

Harrison had 11 tackles and two sacks in the Steelers’ demolition of the Titans. He also forced two fumbles and recovered a fumble in the Steelers’ 19-11 win.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:38 PM   #2
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,089 Times in 2,607 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Steelers to wear black in Tampa

not like it helped the titans. i personally hate when hot weather teams do this. home jerseys are for home, and away jerseys should be for away. if they don't want to wear their own dark colors then ****ing change them.

that or they should let us wear the throwback yellow jerseys if they're gonna pull that noise
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:23 AM   #3
Pittsburgh43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16073

Speaking of throwbacks: Are we wearing the throwbacks anytime this year?
Pittsburgh43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:52 AM   #4
Tone's Toes
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14418

3 straight games in the Black. I wonder what the longest stretch of games in one uniform was. The SB XL run?
Tone's Toes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:23 AM   #5
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Cheerful

I love the black jersies because the Steelers look intimidating in them. I know it is tough on them for a game or two but those jersies are awesome. I don't feel like it is the same Steelers in those white jersies for some reason. I do think the visiting team should be able to choose an alternate dark jersey in these cases. After all some teams dark jerseys are powder blue. The Steelers should have a dark jersey that is mainly gold.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:23 AM   #6
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119

-From Wiki
Like many other NFL teams located in subtropical climates, the Buccaneers traditionally wear their white jerseys at home during the first half of the season — forcing opponents to suffer in the darker colors during the hot summers and autumns in Tampa. Additionally, the visitors' bench of Raymond James Stadium is located on the east side of the stadium, which is in direct sunlight for 1 p.m. eastern games. The west sideline is in the shade.

Since the new uniforms were adopted, the Bucs wear the red jerseys for the final four home games, and for nearly all night home games.

The Bucs have worn their red jerseys for all home postseason games except for a January 6, 2008 playoff match against the New York Giants, where the Bucs wore white, as the temperature that day was unseasonably high.
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #7
kiuaswarrior
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16740

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
-From Wiki
Like many other NFL teams located in subtropical climates, the Buccaneers traditionally wear their white jerseys at home during the first half of the season — forcing opponents to suffer in the darker colors during the hot summers and autumns in Tampa. Additionally, the visitors' bench of Raymond James Stadium is located on the east side of the stadium, which is in direct sunlight for 1 p.m. eastern games. The west sideline is in the shade.

Since the new uniforms were adopted, the Bucs wear the red jerseys for the final four home games, and for nearly all night home games.

The Bucs have worn their red jerseys for all home postseason games except for a January 6, 2008 playoff match against the New York Giants, where the Bucs wore white, as the temperature that day was unseasonably high.
This makes me laugh and I don't know why.

I guess they will take any advantage possible to win.
kiuaswarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:01 PM   #8
jus4bucs
Water Boy

Member Number: 16891

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiuaswarrior View Post
This makes me laugh and I don't know why.

I guess they will take any advantage possible to win.
Would you expect the Steelers to take every advantage they had to win a game?
jus4bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:08 PM   #9
kiuaswarrior
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16740

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus4bucs View Post
We know the Patriots would.
kiuaswarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:27 PM   #10
joeyssteelcurtain
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11092

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus4bucs View Post
The bucs need all the help they can get

"I'm BLACK and GOLD until I'm dead and cold"
joeyssteelcurtain is offline   Reply With Quote