Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-23-2010, 12:01 PM   #1
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448
Default More CJ slobber from ESPN

The guy gets completely dominated by the steelers, has his world rocked by several big hits, sits on the bench shaking his head, and gives up during the second half after having the taste smacked out of his mouth. And what does ESPN do? Write a long knob-slobbering article about how great he is...and that if it wasn't for a holding call he would of kept his stupid selfish record going.

Quote:
Game 2, shut down

It is the Wednesday before the Steelers game, and a crowd has converged around the shoes strewn about Johnson's locker. One red pair of sneakers has CJ2K KNOWS painted on the heels. Johnson is off lifting weights, which is something he does after just about every practice.

He started the season strong, with 142 yards and two touchdowns against the Raiders, and his followers started thinking that maybe CJ might do this, might give Eric Dickerson's record a run. It's way too early to know.

In a later interview, he's asked if he can keep his string of 12 straight 100-yard games alive against the Steelers. Johnson makes no prediction. He knows how tough the Steelers' defense is.

Sunday rolls around, and CJ is shut down. He collects just 34 yards on 16 carries, and has an 85-yard run called back on a holding penalty.

"I promise we will never have another offensive outing like we did Sunday," he later types on his Twitter account. "We gonna get it straight."

After the game, a few Steelers suggest that Johnson got tired of being hit. He bristles at that notion. They don't know who he is.

But why chase it? Why even utter it? Friends close to Johnson say he does it to challenge himself, to drive his undersized body and his common name to places nobody expected.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...2/chrisjohnson

Bristles at that notion??? They don't know who he is?? Gimme a break! Of course they know who he is! He led the league in rushing! They also know how to defend against him as well, and that's beat up that undersized body of his till his speed, ego, and manhood are depleted.

What a baby.

Last edited by finesward; 09-23-2010 at 12:03 PM. Reason: link
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:06 PM   #2
kiuaswarrior
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16740
Default Re: More CJ slobber from ESPN

I didn't realize it was an 85 yard run, I would have guessed 70. But whatever.
kiuaswarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #3
finesward
Team Captain

85 or 5 yards, it wasn't a run because there was a holding penalty. I hate when articles reference plays that were called back to make a team or player look slighted. They don't mention any of the non calls though. I remember watching the jacksonville game in the playoffs 08 and screaming at the tv to call the obvious holds going on every other snap. after the game it was the steelers defense that couldn't contain gerrard and not the obvious holds that allowed him to get loose.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:54 PM   #4
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,059 Times in 931 Posts
My Mood: Cool

espn is a f*****g joke
we dominated his ass and they stiil won't give our D any credit f**k them
fer522 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #5
MikeHaullace
Starter

Member Number: 16733
Cool Re: More CJ slobber from ESPN

Under the radar, people. Under the radar.
MikeHaullace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:40 PM   #6
Spinlcrack
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15041

I don't know...I didn't read anything bad that he said. In fact, he didn't make a prediction because he knows how "tough" the D is. The writer said CJ was "shut down". His only quote was that they need to do better. Of course they do. They got pummeled.

Anyway, all his lip is due to a little thing called The Napoleon Complex. He had his Waterloo.
Spinlcrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:16 PM   #7
finesward
Team Captain

He said CJ "bristled" which is basically saying he was offended that the steelers thought he was tired of being hit, and that they "don't know who he is". Thats showing no respect to the steelers D that had his number all day long. The only reason the steelers said that was because after a few of those hits he started dancing behind the line, falling meekly to the ground instead of lowering the shoulder and fighting for yards, basically HE GAVE UP! But he's got the writer and all his close buds saying nah you don't know who he is, yadda yadda...Steelers D showed everyone what CJ2K is all about. One trick pony who will show the ball to a defender as he scores (polamalu) and completely disrespect a defense, but when that same defense punishes him repeatedly he scoffs at the mention it was because he got his ass kicked
Old 09-23-2010, 03:18 PM   #8
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
85 or 5 yards, it wasn't a run because there was a holding penalty. I hate when articles reference plays that were called back to make a team or player look slighted.
Exactly-- and that holding penalty wasn't even debateable-- their right guard had about three handfuls of Aaron Smith's jersey wrapped up in his hands, and that was what directly led to the 85-yard run. Without the hold, Smith had it stopped a yard shy of the line of scrimmage on that play.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #9
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

I read that whole article, and it is complete BS. The author, Elizabeth Merrill, makes it seem like CJ is a humble player, which to me is absolutely crazy.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:49 PM   #10
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,059 Times in 931 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Under the radar, people. Under the radar.
ditto
fer522 is online now   Reply With Quote