Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 03-07-2006, 06:27 AM   #1
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992
Default Ugh: Another apology-this time to Hardwork

A few days to think and cool off. I get real fired up when anyones service is questioned. We dont really know anyone here, maybe in some cases you guys have built relationships, but for the most part its all basically anonymous. So i dont know who did what when or where. Hardwork, if indeed you served our country as you say I am truly sorry that I went as far as I did the other day.
I am man enough to know that ANYBODY who has fought in a war is a better man than I am as I have never served in the military. This is just a fact. Anybody who hasnt, has no idea what it is and has NO place questioning anything someone who has did. And there are a lot of politicians who need to be reminded of this as well.
Being a fairly new Christian ( one year this March 28th) has taught me some interesting things I never knew about Christianity beforehand. For one, it doesnt make me any better than the next guy. Christians sin just like everybody else, the difference is, it knaws at us and we cant get away with it like before, so we have to come clean. And I believe I am forgiven for it by Faith in Jesus Christ and believing his death on the cross paid for my sins.
So while I got lost and justified my behavior by being "in defense of someone being unfairly attacked", I went too far in my needling of you hardwork. I hope you can accept my apology for that. I honor your service and I regret my behavior.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:20 AM   #2
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Re: Ugh: Another apology-this time to Hardwork

I'm gonna go ahead and apologize, too, but for much more pragmatic reasons...I don't want to be on the bad side of ANY SOG.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:15 PM   #3
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

At ease. Smoke 'em if you got 'em (bet they don't say that any more ). All's forgotten.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:10 PM   #4
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
At ease. Smoke 'em if you got 'em (bet they don't say that any more ). All's forgotten.
Believe it or not, they still do.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:31 PM   #5
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life
Believe it or not, they still do.
Which reminds me, Dom...I'm approaching the one year quit smoking mark. My last cigarette was Pitt Charlie's Camel Light in the hotel room at 4 AM, April 24th, 2005.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 10:18 AM   #6
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Wow, cool Suit. Keep it up, and congrats.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 11:10 AM   #7
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

Quitting smoking is a real trip. I have heard the tobacco addiction can be stronger than
cocaine. Although, I did quit 10 years ago I still sometimes get that feeling of lighting up.
Like when coffee is brewing or having a drink. Not all the time but maybe a couple times a year. The impulse is fleeting and I would never smoke again. So I have come to the conclusion, that the urge never really goes away it just gets easier and easier to deal with.

My husband and I were talking about this very thing last night, we were in a smoking section and that area of the restaurant was very busy the waitress was running. While in the nonsmoking section the waitress had 2 tables, I said to Terry, "I really would not have minded sitting in the smoking section." He said, Neither would have I." Then we got to talking about smoking and it was deducted that both of us can smell smoke within 1 milisecond of being around it and it makes our stomach roll.

We also talked about smokers and how they have to put up with a bunch of bull from people who probably stopped smoking and have decided they are in the position to tell others what they should do... QUIT SMOIKING! I do not feel that way at all. I know alot of people who smokle and it is their business. My husband smoked until he had to quit. they talk about Lung Cancer and it is all true but it also makes your insides stone and clogs up your arteries. I didn't know that until it was too late for him and he needed vascular surgery, it was not fun.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 09:21 PM   #8
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

hahahaha it cracks me up sometimes how threads go off in directions. I saw that there was activity on my thread apologizing to HW since i had been away and i look and see it became a thread about lung cancer.
pretty cool.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 09:24 PM   #9
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

my one year is on easter......it was gard at first...but now it doenst even bother me