Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-26-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329
Default This made me chuckle

I was reading a bucs board and saw this post.

Quote:
Our defense has just been outclassed by a senior citizen. I seriously cannot believe this. What is going on?

Charlie Batch? Really? REALLY?????

theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:47 PM   #2
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,288 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: This made me chuckle

they must not follow the steelers, because i've been saying all along charlie batch is no joke. as long as our o-line can hold him upright he's every bit as dangerous as ben imo

of course the big worry is that he needs better blocking from the o-line because he's not as durable or elusive. but the o-line did their job today
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,133 Times in 468 Posts

^^ This. I was most comfortable with Charlie over Leftwhich or Dixon. With the offense's capabilities of gameplan with a whole week around the ability of Batch, we were bound to break out. Charlie is a weapon and he unleashed it today. The senior citizen still got it! Has been so solid for us since 2002. What a great player to have around.

If he can go out and beat Baltimore next week, then I think Charlie earned his spot next season by default as a Pittsburgh Steeler and beyond.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:09 PM   #4
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,232 Times in 1,378 Posts

this is the own that cracked me up ...

Quote:
anybody thrown anything at the TV yet?

Quote:
Posted Today, 02:59 PM
I threw a beer at the TV, but someone caught it and took it to the house across the street.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
this is the own that cracked me up ...

Quote:
anybody thrown anything at the TV yet?

Quote:
Posted Today, 02:59 PM
I threw a beer at the TV, but someone caught it and took it to the house across the street.
lmao
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #6
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
^^ This. I was most comfortable with Charlie over Leftwhich or Dixon. With the offense's capabilities of gameplan with a whole week around the ability of Batch, we were bound to break out. Charlie is a weapon and he unleashed it today. The senior citizen still got it! Has been so solid for us since 2002. What a great player to have around.

If he can go out and beat Baltimore next week, then I think Charlie earned his spot next season by default as a Pittsburgh Steeler and beyond.
Before that last pick I was thinking the same thing.

If he wins at Baltimore next week, Leftwich may be in trouble. He's been saying how much he loves the organization but...

The ideal thing would be to trade Dixon. He has some talent but I'm sure he does not want to spend his career sitting on our bench and we don't have the type of team to waste a year developing him. We are not going to offer him a big contract. A team like Buffalo or Carolina might like a Dennis Dixon. They can waste this season developing him and he can be ready by next season.

Leftwich can serve as #2 and Batch as #3. We really don't need Dixon.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #7
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,133 Times in 468 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
Before that last pick I was thinking the same thing.

If he wins at Baltimore next week, Leftwich may be in trouble. He's been saying how much he loves the organization but...

The ideal thing would be to trade Dixon. He has some talent but I'm sure he does not want to spend his career sitting on our bench and we don't have the type of team to waste a year developing him. We are not going to offer him a big contract. A team like Buffalo or Carolina might like a Dennis Dixon. They can waste this season developing him and he can be ready by next season.

Leftwich can serve as #2 and Batch as #3. We really don't need Dixon.
I don't want to think about next year, but it's looking like Ben, Batch, Leftwhich thus far. Hell, Dixon can be put on IR the rest of the year when Ben returns. Dixon will def compete, but I agree that he should have opportunity elsewhere when all said and done but it's too early to tell.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:49 PM   #8
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
I don't want to think about next year, but it's looking like Ben, Batch, Leftwhich thus far. Hell, Dixon can be put on IR the rest of the year when Ben returns. Dixon will def compete, but I agree that he should have opportunity elsewhere when all said and done but it's too early to tell.
Yeah...I like the kid. Why should he waste his career behind Ben? Also he does us no good as a #3 because they work with the scout team and do stupid things like that. A #2 at least gets to continue to master the playbook and work with the second team.

I was referring to this year when Ben comes back in 8 days. If they will not let Dixon be #2 and continue to develop with our playbook, they should try to trade him to Buffalo or Carolina.

That IR thing is convenient to delay the decision but nobody will be hurt badly enough for that.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #9
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

i think the Steelers will carry only 2 QBs and use ARE as an emergency third. Leftwich could get cut and Dixon should be placed on IR.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:04 PM   #10
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
i think the Steelers will carry only 2 QBs and use ARE as an emergency third. Leftwich could get cut and Dixon should be placed on IR.
Dixon's meniscus injury is minor...like 3 weeks. Beenie Wells had the same surgery I think.

The Steelers will carry 3 QBs.

Thinking of teams that overuse the IR to protect players, last time I looked the Raven had like 8 players on IR. We only have 2.