Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-26-2010, 04:54 PM   #1
Mags87
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12016
Default What day is Ben able to come back and work with the team?

is he eligible right after the Ravens game or on monday afterwards? it would be really nice if he had two full weeks to work with the team to shake off any rust he may have acquired
Old 09-26-2010, 10:34 PM   #2
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205
Default Re: What day is Ben able to come back and work with the team?

On Sunday Night Football pregame show they had Peter King do a report about how Ben is working with a QB coach in this off time and that he thinks its helping quite a bit because he can work on things like improving his form and techniques that he just doesn't have time to work on when the regular season starts.

But you're right, extra time to help develop rapport with the other players on the offense would be beneficial.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:36 PM   #3
MikeHaullace
Starter

Member Number: 16733
Cool Re: What day is Ben able to come back and work with the team?

Does anyone know how Ben is progressing in California? I can't say I've read any more than 2 stories about him going/working out that way.
MikeHaullace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:04 AM   #4
colescott1
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15803

Not hearing about Ben is a good thing!!!!

Lets go with "low-profile Ben" until Sunday afternoons! :-)
colescott1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:45 PM   #5
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

Apparently Peter King's Tuesday Edition follow up of his Monday Morning Quarter back segment is going to go into detail about what Ben has been doing during the suspension.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:49 PM   #6
whatdoiknow
Banned

Member Number: 16053

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHaullace View Post
Does anyone know how Ben is progressing in California? I can't say I've read any more than 2 stories about him going/working out that way.

Who told you Ben is in California ? He is in Pittsburgh all this time. As for when can report to the teams facility, Next Monday morning. However he won't work out with his teammates for another 15 or so days. Cause after next week, we have our Bye. A bye is like a 8 day vacation for the team. There is no work for that week.
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:15 PM   #7
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoiknow View Post
Who told you Ben is in California ? He is in Pittsburgh all this time. As for when can report to the teams facility, Next Monday morning. However he won't work out with his teammates for another 15 or so days. Cause after next week, we have our Bye. A bye is like a 8 day vacation for the team. There is no work for that week.
Coaches don't have practice during a bye, but players still do individual workouts/film watching and work with other players if they don't feel they need the rest.
Now if players will commit to Ben and workout with him is totally up to them.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:36 PM   #8
whatdoiknow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
Coaches don't have practice during a bye, but players still do individual workouts/film watching and work with other players if they don't feel they need the rest.
Now if players will commit to Ben and workout with him is totally up to them.

Everything you said is true. But it won't happen. In fact, 99 % of all the coaches won't even be in the State during that week And film work Ben can do while he is out.
As far as ACTUAL on the field practices, Ben won't get ANY of those in til Oct 12th at the earliest.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #9
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoiknow View Post
Everything you said is true. But it won't happen. In fact, 99 % of all the coaches won't even be in the State during that week And film work Ben can do while he is out.
As far as ACTUAL on the field practices, Ben won't get ANY of those in til Oct 12th at the earliest.
Scratch what I said, apparently teams do whatever they want during bye weeks.
From what I read about the Colts, they practice during the bye week, but most of the starters do not take a majority of the reps unless the coach believes they need extra work.
I really couldn't find much on other teams other than some give the team the week off, and some use it to get more work in if the team did not have success up till then. I know Favre will be using the bye to practice with the recievers, i don't know what the rest of the team will be doing.
I don't know where you get the idea that teams have to take the week off or something. Ben is comming back without having any contact with the team other than some of the coaches for 4 weeks, they'll practice him if they want him to not be rusty when he starts.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:54 PM   #10
whatdoiknow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
Scratch what I said, apparently teams do whatever they want during bye weeks.
From what I read about the Colts, they practice during the bye week, but most of the starters do not take a majority of the reps unless the coach believes they need extra work.
I really couldn't find much on other teams other than some give the team the week off, and some use it to get more work in if the team did not have success up till then. I know Favre will be using the bye to practice with the recievers, i don't know what the rest of the team will be doing.
I don't know where you get the idea that teams have to take the week off or something. Ben is comming back without having any contact with the team other than some of the coaches for 4 weeks, they'll practice him if they want him to not be rusty when he starts.

Just to let you know, a teams Bye IS considered their personal vacation time, and IF a player hurts themselves on their own, in a NON team oriented practice on a Bye, then NONE of the players are covered with the league Insurance, and they can have their contracts terminated and all the money that they were given in a signing bonus can be demanded back by the team.

Just sayin!