Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-27-2010, 11:51 AM   #1
whatdoiknow
Banned

Member Number: 16053
Default Trent Edwards released!!

Per KFFL,

Bills | Trent Edwards released
Mon, 27 Sep 2010 09:25:03 -0700

The Buffalo Bills have released QB Trent Edwards, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

0 Comments | Share:

So fans, any Interest here with him ? Say cut Dixon, and sign Edwards just in case Charlie goes down ?
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
ajs8207
Starter

Member Number: 2795
Default Re: Trent Edwards released!!

No. Leftwich is healthy, and Ben will be back after this week. You also can't release injured players without an injury settlement. No way the Steelers release Dixon.
ajs8207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620

Another of the typical posts that any player that gets cut, the Steelers should look at. We have 4 QBs already. We certainly don't need one who could not cut the mustard in Buffalo. He is a joke. But I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland gives him a shot. They are good at picking up terrible QBs.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
Tone's Toes
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14418

I would have taken a shot on him a month ago when Ben had 4 games left to serve, Lefty was injured, Dixon was unproven and Batch hadn't played in a while. No need for Edwards now with Ben coming back next Monday.
Tone's Toes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #5
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,119 Times in 2,393 Posts

49ers fired Jimmy Raye as o-coordinator

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5621612

Think we should sign Raye and cut Arians?

Of course we would have to pay Arians an injury settlement for that shoulder he has dislocated by patting himself on the back so often
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:25 PM   #6
Tone's Toes
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14418

They should fire all the people that were on board with the brilliant idea of drafting Alex Smith over Arron Rodgers.
Tone's Toes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:27 PM   #7
whatdoiknow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
Another of the typical posts that any player that gets cut, the Steelers should look at. We have 4 QBs already. We certainly don't need one who could not cut the mustard in Buffalo. He is a joke. But I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland gives him a shot. They are good at picking up terrible QBs.

Okay first it was just a suggestion. No need to assume I am this type of poster or that type. Second, I know Ben will return in two weeks. But I also know that Dixon is out, Leftwich, Brave as he might be is also hurt, and if he gets hit, and considering he is the slowest QB that has ever played the game with the slowest release, he WILL get hit. And Batch, I have seen him tear his knee while sleeping

And as for your take on how Edwards couldn't cut it with Buffalo, so why would we want him. Gee, I seem to remember the same thing being said about James Farrior when we took him off the scrap Heat from the Jets. I also seem to remember a WR who was cut..( While Injured I might add )...and the steelers brought him in and let him start on Special Teams until he learned our offense...that SCRAP WR was
Yancy Thigpen. All he ever did was have the greatest single season as a WR EVER in Steelers History.

Edwards to me had a couple of decent first few seasons in Buffalo, considering their total lack of talent. Anyways, it was just a thought.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #8
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

For what? one game? Steelers already have a problem with not enough space in the roster.
Maybe if he isn't picked up this off season, he can replace leftwich
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:36 PM   #9
whatdoiknow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
For what? one game? Steelers already have a problem with not enough space in the roster.
Maybe if he isn't picked up this off season, he can replace leftwich

Your take is a good one. And I accept that. But since Dixon is out for another Month, and since he will be a free agent anyways, I was just thinking of signing him and then when Ben comes back, we could release Batch and still have 3 QB's on the roster like we do now. Trust me, No current NFL team is gonna sign Batch.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #10
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoiknow View Post
Your take is a good one. And I accept that. But since Dixon is out for another Month, and since he will be a free agent anyways, I was just thinking of signing him and then when Ben comes back, we could release Batch and still have 3 QB's on the roster like we do now. Trust me, No current NFL team is gonna sign Batch.
You might see Batch as an old washed up quarterback, but he's a fan favorite due to what he has done for the city and charities, every player loves him, to release him would kill team moral. Even if it wouldn't no one is willing to take that risk.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote