Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-09-2006, 06:27 AM   #1
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default NHL Trades and Transactions

The Colorado Avalanche and Montreal Canadiens swap goaltenders. The Avs get Jose Theodore and the Habs get David Aebischer.

The Boston Bruins claimed right winger Mariusz Czerkzwski off waivers from the Toronto Maple Leafs.

The Minnesota Wild traded former All-Star goaltender Dwayne Roloson to Edmonton for the Oilers' first-round draft pick in 2006.

The San Jose Sharks acquired left winger Ville Nieminen from the New York Rangers for a third-round pick in the upcoming draft.

The Blue Jackets traded defenseman Luke Richardson to the Toronto Maple Leafs for a conditional draft pick. ...

The New York Islanders traded second-leading goal scorer Mark Parrish and defenseman Brent Sopel to the Los Angeles Kings for two prospects.

The Phoenix Coyotes and center Steven Reinprecht and defenseman Derek Morris have agreed to new three-year contracts with the team.

There are strong rumors coming out of Pittsburgh that it's very likely Mark Recchi will be traded by the NHL trade deadline which ends at 3 PM today. Other Penguins players that could possibly be traded today are John LeClair, Ric Jackman and Ryan Malone.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 03-09-2006 at 06:37 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:19 PM   #2
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Default Re: NHL Trades and Transactions

Mark Recchi was traded from the Penguins to the Carolina Hurricanes. The Penguins aquired defenseman Niklas Nordgren, minor league forward Krys Kolanos and a second-round pick in 2007 to Pittsburgh.

Rick Jackman went to Florida for Czech center Petr Taticek, the ninth player taken in the 2002 entry draft. Taticek, 22, is 6-feet-2, 183 pounds, and has nine goals and 21 assists in 44 games with Houston of the American Hockey League this season.

Corey Cross went to Detroit for a fourth-round draft choice in 2007.

The Penguins also claimed Andy Hilbert off waivers.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 03-10-2006 at 07:15 AM.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:50 PM   #3
Ohio Steeler
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2142

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Mark Recchi was traded from the Penguins to the Carolina Hurricanes. The Penguins aquired defenseman Niklas Nordgren, minor league forward Krys Kolanos and a second-round pick in 2007 to Pittsburgh.

Rick Jackman went to Florida for Czech center Petr Taticek, the ninth player taken in the 2002 entry draft. Taticek, 22, is 6-feet-2, 183 pounds, and has nine goals and 21 assists in 44 games with Houston of the American Hockey League this season.

Corey Cross went to Detroit for a fourth-round draft choice in 2007.

thats a heck of a deal for the Penguins if you ask me
Old 03-10-2006, 07:58 AM   #4
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Steeler
thats a heck of a deal for the Penguins if you ask me
Personally, I'm not all that crazy about the moves in general. These are just my views and opinions of the trade(s).

The Recchi Trade:

Kylanos has had a history of medical problems while only having 17 goals and 18 assists in 115 career NHL games with Phoenix and Edmonton. He is now currently playing in the AHL.

Nordgren has a history of taking horrible penalties and only having four goals and two assists in 43 games this season does not exactly make me feel good about this deal.

Grabbing a second round pick for the 2007 draft would be nice if we had Detroit's scouting system. With the exception of a sure shot with Crosby, our drafting after the first round has not been great. Also keep in mind that Carolina is one of the top three best teams in hockey this year, so a second round pick is not exactly mouth watering in my opinion.

The Jackman Trade:

Petr Taticek has been playing in the minors and will remain there when he joins the Penguins. In my opinion, he still needs to bulk up and put more weight on his body in order to play in the NHL. Taticek being the 9th player taken in the 2002 draft gives me some optimism, but not much once he enters the WBS/Scranton organization. Players tend to play great down there and the transition to the NHL is horrible compared to other teams.

The Corey Cross Trade:

We basically gave Cross away to the Redwings. A fourth round pick from the worst team in hockey basically amounts to nothing, let alone from a team is one of the best in the game.

The claiming of Andy Hilbert off waivers from the Chicago Blackhawks:

The 26 year old 5-11 194 pound winger was drafted in the second round (37th overall) by the Boston Bruins. In 66 NHL games he has 8 goals and 7 assists. When he was drafted, there were some high expecations to a degree, but he hasn't broken out yet. In my opinion he needs to bulk up in order to play in the NHL.

My Trade Grade:

A solid "D".

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 03-10-2006 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:33 PM   #5
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

The Bruins sent Samsonov to the Edmonton Oilers on Thursday. Boston will get centers Marty Reasoner and Yan Stastny and a second-round pick in this year's draft.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 03-11-2006 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:16 PM   #6
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

No, The Penguins deal in my mind is like getting a song and a dance. (even though they haven't proved themselves yet)

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 10:34 PM   #7
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

When Patrick is gone, this team will move forward. The guy is a failure. This season has been proof enough for me. This is coming from somebody that did not decide to dump their season tickets after this team has looked like shit for many years. Patrick needs to go.