Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
View Poll Results: What should our defense's nickname be?
The Killer Ds 0 0%
Blitzkrieg 1 3.45%
Monster Zero 1 3.45%
The Uh-Uhs 0 0%
The Pittsburgh Steelers Defense 12 41.38%
The Patriots Suck and Tom Brady is Gay 11 37.93%
Other - give us your idea(s) 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
ricardisimo
Administrator
 
ricardisimo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lalaland
Posts: 5,435
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15369
Thanks: 321
Thanked 879 Times in 425 Posts
Default Name that D

Our D looks like one of the better ones we've had, which is really saying something. Let's give it an appropriate nickname.

I've provided a few options for the poll, but I suspect the winner will be (and should be) "Other", with everyone submitting their personal choice. After we get a nice tasty snack pack together, we'll redo the poll with all of the best options. I'd like nothing more than to get the FO's blessings to get some sort of "official" contest tag attached to it. Irregardless, I think it will be fun to see how awful all of your ideas are compared to my wonderful, godlike ideas.

Fire up those keyboards...

Edit: I'm going to shamelessly plug for my favorite, "Monster Zero".
__________________
Why does God hate amputees?
ricardisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:53 PM   #2
MikeHaullace
Starter
 
MikeHaullace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Member Number: 16733
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: Name that D

One of these variations :

Apocablitz / Apoca Blitz / Apoca-Blitz

(Play from Apocalypse)

That way, each week will be the "Coming of the Apocablitz" for opposing offenses.
MikeHaullace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:54 PM   #3
whatdoiknow
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 613
Member Number: 16053
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Name that D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Our D looks like one of the better ones we've had, which is really saying something. Let's give it an appropriate nickname.

I've provided a few options for the poll, but I suspect the winner will be (and should be) "Other", with everyone submitting their personal choice. After we get a nice tasty snack pack together, we'll redo the poll with all of the best options. I'd like nothing more than to get the FO's blessings to get some sort of "official" contest tag attached to it. Irregardless, I think it will be fun to see how awful all of your ideas are compared to my wonderful, godlike ideas.

Fire up those keyboards...

Edit: I'm going to shamelessly plug for my favorite, "Monster Zero".






How about " The Steel HAMMER Gang "
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:55 PM   #4
lionslicer
Team President
 
lionslicer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,371
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12850
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Name that D

Pittsburgh Steelers Defense is good, everyone knows the Steelers defense is always good. I think it fits more to this era, Steel Curtain was a big brutal defense, wasn't as finess as today and wasn't complicated.

Blitzkrieg is cool, but I swear another NFL defense in the past had that, I could be wrong though.

I came up with this, I think its silly lol
The Lebeau Overflow
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:02 PM   #5
MikeHaullace
Starter
 
MikeHaullace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Member Number: 16733
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: Name that D

I voted for "Other" though I didn't bother to read the selections.

Had I seen "The Pittsburgh Steelers Defense", I would have voted for that instead. Just sayin'.

I'm still cool with Apocablitz though. It has marketability, therefor I coin this as my poor-man's copyright to the following :

Apocablitz / Apoca Blitz / Apoca-Blitz

MikeHaullace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:04 PM   #6
whatdoiknow
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 613
Member Number: 16053
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Name that D

How about " The Black & Blue Wrecking Crew "
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:08 PM   #7
MikeHaullace
Starter
 
MikeHaullace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Member Number: 16733
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: Name that D

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoiknow View Post
How about " The Black & Blue Wrecking Crew "
My high school class defensive captains used that when seniors.

They went 4-6. lol
MikeHaullace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:11 PM   #8
whatdoiknow
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 613
Member Number: 16053
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Name that D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHaullace View Post
My high school class defensive captains used that when seniors.

They went 4-6. lol


That's because you guys SUCKED! On MY High School Football team, we called ourselves the " Pink Ladies " And in 12 games we had 162 QB Sacks...( Confirmed in the California Records. )..and 8 of our defenders went on to college, and some to the NFL! ( NOBODY messes with the Pink Ladies )
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:31 PM   #9
MikeHaullace
Starter
 
MikeHaullace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 574
Member Number: 16733
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: Name that D

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoiknow View Post
That's because you guys SUCKED!
Truth! Which is exactly why I didn't play.
MikeHaullace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:34 PM   #10
SuperSteelers
Draft Prospect
 
SuperSteelers's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: From Pittsburgh... live in Texas.
Posts: 97
Member Number: 1576
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Name that D

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
Pittsburgh Steelers Defense is good, everyone knows the Steelers defense is always good. I think it fits more to this era, Steel Curtain was a big brutal defense, wasn't as finess as today and wasn't complicated.

Blitzkrieg is cool, but I swear another NFL defense in the past had that, I could be wrong though.

I came up with this, I think its silly lol
The Lebeau Overflow
No offense slicer, but "overflow" made me think of a toilet issue.. probably something more fitting for Cleveland.
__________________
SuperSteelers
SuperSteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
defense, nickname


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts