Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-01-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
bobby jr
Banned

Member Number: 15696
Default Ravens Ahead of Steelers in Points Scored Since 2005

Head to head matchups: 11 games since 2005, the Ravens have outscored the Steelers Ravens 210 points, Steelers 198 points.

Steelers have won several close games which could have gone either way. As a longtime watcher of pro football I have seen numerous teams which get into the playoffs by winning a lot of squeakers during the regular season, and they usually don't last long in the post season.

Looking at points scored VS given up is often a better way of measuring just how good a team is, over the long haul. The Ravens have more than held their own against the Steelers over the last few years, and their bad luck doesn't figure to last. The Ravens match up well against the Steelers..

For some reason the 2006 results keep coming to mind when I think about how these great Steeler Ravens matchup games are going to play out in 2010.
(For those who may not recall, the 2006 scores were Ravens 27, Steelers 0, and the second game was Ravens 31, Steelers 7. )
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,230 Times in 1,377 Posts
Default Re: Ravens Ahead of Steelers in Points Scored Since 2005

and how did that 2006 superbowl work out for the ratbirds ?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Yes the 2006 games are the only reason they are ahead in points. If you take those away, Ravens only scored 152 points
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:19 PM   #4
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
Head to head matchups: 11 games since 2005, the Ravens have outscored the Steelers Ravens 210 points, Steelers 198 points.

Steelers have won several close games which could have gone either way. As a longtime watcher of pro football I have seen numerous teams which get into the playoffs by winning a lot of squeakers during the regular season, and they usually don't last long in the post season.
That's great...but how far have the Steelers gone in the postseason (when they get there) compared to the Ravens, say...since 2004? I think we all know that, even though the Steelers may have won some squeakers, they've certainly fared better in the postseason. Your statement doesn't hold up.

Quote:
Looking at points scored VS given up is often a better way of measuring just how good a team is, over the long haul. The Ravens have more than held their own against the Steelers over the last few years, and their bad luck doesn't figure to last. The Ravens match up well against the Steelers..
Of course they matchup well...they are similar teams. But I'd have to say, myself, I measure how good a team is by how many times they go the playoffs and actually win a SB. Steelers got the Ravens beat there for sure...points scored be damned.

Quote:
For some reason the 2006 results keep coming to mind when I think about how these great Steeler Ravens matchup games are going to play out in 2010.
(For those who may not recall, the 2006 scores were Ravens 27, Steelers 0, and the second game was Ravens 31, Steelers 7. )
That's cool...for some reason the 2007 results keep coming to my mind when I think about how the matchup games are going to play out in '10. 38-7 on Monday night football comes to mind (we'll not go into the close game the Steelers lost when they had already made the playoffs in week 16 that year...they almost won with mostly backups).

Keep in mind as well...last year, the teams split wins, but the Ravens nearly lost...at home, against Dixon, with no Troy or Aaron Smith.

I expect a close game, but I think as long as the Steelers don't turn the ball over too much, they'll win handily.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
whatdoiknow
Banned

Member Number: 16053

[QUOTE=bobby jr;851350]

\

What Moron told you that. Points scored vs points given up is a scewed stat cause there are several teams, like the Chargers and say the Patriots who no matter how far they are ahead, they still keep their first team offenses in there, and pile up the score. I mean the Steelers are the complete opposites of that. Lets say Pittsburgh plays Baltimore 10 times, and wins 7 of those games, winning those 7 by an average of 6 points, but in all of them they were up by say 14 to 17 points in the 4th quarter. Well it's a well know fact that once up like that, Pittsburgh either pulls alot of their defensive starters, or plays a soft Zone, and allows the the other teams offense to move down the field, but allows the clock to run out. So the opposing team score a meanningless TD or two. Now lets say Baltimore in their 3 wins keeps their offense in the game in the later parts of the game, scoring more points. So a game that they are clearly winning say 21-7 in the 4th, they look to add another TD or so, making the final margin 21-24 Pts so in their 3 wins, they might have a total margin of 72 Pts. While the Steelers in their 7 wins by an average of 6 points has a total margin of 42 points....30 total less points then the Ravens...and THAT makes them a better team ?

Laughable!
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:28 PM   #6
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Steelers win 52-0......... just to piss off Ray Ray.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #7
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

got news for ya.....BJ.... teams that lose those "squeaker" games , usually don't make the playoffs.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 10-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #8
skinart82
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3485

Why is it these fools come in here, post some half-ass statement and then when they get proven to be a tool, they don't respond anymore? Just wondering.
skinart82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:47 PM   #9
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Steelers win 52-0......... just to piss off Ray Ray.
I hope not, watch the flow of bandwaggoners come in. Haters will be turned into believers, but you know what **** them. They are unwanted. Can't wait to shut the squawks of the Ravens.
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:53 PM   #10
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinart82 View Post
Why is it these fools come in here, post some half-ass statement and then when they get proven to be a tool, they don't respond anymore? Just wondering.
oooo...ooooo...i know this one..pick me !!!