Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-03-2010, 05:56 AM   #1
MikeHaullace
Starter

Member Number: 16733
Cool Rod Woodson is terrible.

As much love as I have for #26, Rod Woodson SUCKS as a whatever he's trying to be on NFL Network. Cue a Barkley "Turrble".

And what makes Troy great? I'll tell you what.

His spirit.
MikeHaullace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful
Default Re: Rod Woodson is terrible.

It wasn't that bad. He's actually gotten better. I've seen worse from Rod in terms of broadcasting. You need to have very good communication chops to be an analyst/broadcaster.

Also, my take on Rod is that he's nervous. He's rushing through his talking points and stumbling over the words.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,130 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed

I don't know...I still can't bring myself to criticize him. I'm scared he'll run up behind me and pick me off.

Seriously though, it's bad, but he's not the worst out there. And he's an honest broadcaster who doesn't usually lick the nuts of whatever team is the flavor of the week. I always thought he was pretty level headed.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
whatdoiknow
Banned

Member Number: 16053

OH MY GOD! Are you all kidding me ? Man,,,I am seriously upset right now. I mean Rod Woodson is probably the BEST thing about the NFL Network. Rod is a well spoken man who explains his points of view calmly and on the point. Whether you agree with his point or not. It is expressed professionally.

Now lets take the other two Ex-players on that network. Warren Sapp and Michael Irvin. I mean you wanna talk about LOUD, gyrating Idiots who are the very definition of " Street, Ghetto Hip-Hop Gangsta type of Idiots who are the most BIASED guys on TV. I mean both right now are " Creaming " all over themselves about how even RIGHT NOW Ray Lewis is the most Important player tohis team, more than ANY other single player to their team. Hmm, and lets see, Ray-Ray went to the U, and where did Sapp and Irvin go ?

Yeah I thought so. Sapp & Irvin,,,,or as I like to call them,," Buckwheat & Stymie "...are the m ost DISGRACEFUL pair of So-called NFL Analysts on TV. As where Rod is the most well spoken ex-player who conveys his points in a low key, professional mannor on ANY NFL network.

Keep up the great work Rod.
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #5
HAWK
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12888

He's fine normally. I think it's because he's working that touchscreen at the same time. I've seen allot of commentators get their butt whipped by those things. I guess they can't walk and chew gum at the same time.
HAWK is offline   Reply With Quote