Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-04-2010, 06:57 AM   #11
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559
Default Re: Michael Oher

it just better not happen again next time when we play them. once he realized he could get away with it the first time or two, he just kept doing it all game. i've watched some of the best tackles of all-time, nobody ever got off the line that fast without moving early. plenty of people noticed it for those not to be false starts. he's good, but not THAT good.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:15 AM   #12
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1192

I noticed the same thing. I have the game taped and I will be watching it in slow motion this week to check it out. I'm not even sure if this is something that the Red flag can be thrown on, I'm guessing it isn't.
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:18 AM   #13
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,078 Times in 2,375 Posts

Ed Bouchette noticed it as well, asking in his PG+ blog this morning (pay site so no link) if Oher gets a special dispensation for false starts because he was the subject of a hit movie

But as noted by others, Oher is an excellent OT and his false starts were the not the reason the game was lost
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:24 AM   #14
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1192

There were a couple plays that his false starts would have affected especially late in the game. No excuses we lost but penalties have an affect on a team, it sure affected us.
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:19 AM   #15
SacknificentStew56
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16658

Oher had a head start alot in the game but the refs didn't catch him.
SacknificentStew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:20 AM   #16
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182

I was yelling at the TV all game for a flag... I saw at least 4 in the 4th quarter.
steelax04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:18 AM   #17
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilogique View Post
that argument is ridiculous. Charlie is still a pro. any team can lose on any day. surely you remember the embarrassing losses the Steelers had last year? I mean no disrespect, but c'mon. good teams lose to bad teams all the time. packers almost lost to the lions. saints almost lost to the panthers. indy lost to the jaguars. bengals lost to the browns. are all these teams suddenly crappy and have problems? everyone in the league is pro for a reason.

I'm not sure many Ravens fans think we're bound for a SB, either. if they are, they're delusional. we still have offensive and defensive work to do.
I agree...any given Sunday.

But I'll never admit the Bungles are a good team.

I thought Oher did a good job yesterday. There may have been a couple of missed calls, but that's going to happen every game. Just gotta roll with it. Ben will be back and the D will be at full strength and completely healthy after the bye, so anything is possible after that!

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:50 PM   #18
Lord of Lombardi
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15247

Fat ole blind side was off sides often. Looks like all of us noticed that. I too don't want to blame the refs because I hate when the ratbirds do that. That shows weakness and let's leave the crying up to the Brown stains and Bungholes. (Ever notice that their call names have a similar thing in common)

The refs allowed it early and it pretty much set the tone for the rest of the game. I thought the refs sent a sign early on to the Black N Gold. It looked one sided early on. Did we end up paying for a suspension that did not look like it would hurt our organization if we went 4-0? We'll see them again. They know who we are with Big Ben

Did Troy play yesterday? He had an off day. Simmons is now officially a Bad Ass.
Lord of Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:57 PM   #19
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Oher did an awesome job and thats the end of the story. no need to find reasons why we lost. he is a great LT and shut Harrison down all day. Gay could of been called for pass inteferance at the end but nobody is talking about that. Oher is istremly quick off the snap
Old 10-04-2010, 02:05 PM   #20
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

When teams play away games in stadiums where it is extremely loud, they have silent counts. This means the players don't wait for the ball to move, they wait till the play clock hits a certain number which gives them a much better reaction time. Refs will not call false start if its by a couple mili seconds due to back in 2004 or 2005 there was a defensive tackle who got extremely good jumps on defense, like he was moving as soon as the ball moved, and kept getting called for offsides though on replay he was never offsides, but you can't challenge a penalty
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote