Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #21
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559
Default Re: Michael Oher

he was getting off the line early.. all the football games i have ever watched, no tackle ever got off the snap like that. if you watch just the highlights on NFL.com, you can see it for yourself. it wasn't why we lost the game, Woodley should have stepped up his game on the other side of the line.. but it's something i don't want to see next time we play them.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #22
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,306 Times in 650 Posts

Yeah, he jumped the snap count a few times. I still wish we traded up to get him 2 years ago instead of Ziggy Hood. Heck, with our 2nd pick we took Urbik in the 3rd and I'd trade Urbik and Hood for Oher any day.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #23
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1192

I just watched the game again and the only questionable one was in the 4th Quarter with 4:12 left, he moved early. It was 2 & 8 and the penalty would have negated a completion to Heap and a 1st down. As stated earlier this isn't why we lost the game but you never know what would have happened.
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #24
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Yeah, he jumped the snap count a few times. I still wish we traded up to get him 2 years ago instead of Ziggy Hood. Heck, with our 2nd pick we took Urbik in the 3rd and I'd trade Urbik and Hood for Oher any day.
remember, you can't trade Urbik anymore.

He sucked so much, 5 teams wanted him when we released him.

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #25
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by eafratitpm3 View Post
I just watched the game again and the only questionable one was in the 4th Quarter with 4:12 left, he moved early. It was 2 & 8 and the penalty would have negated a completion to Heap and a 1st down. As stated earlier this isn't why we lost the game but you never know what would have happened.
Actually he jumped early twice where it wasn't called. The first one would have been declined anyway because that was on Ike's interception.

The second one was huge though. He moved a full second before the snap, how the ref missed it i don't know, and had it been called everything from that point on changes. Instead of the Ravens having first and goal at the eight they should have had second and 13 at the 24. There aint a helluval lot of good play calls you can make on 2nd and 13 against the Steelers defense. Who knows if that is called correctly the Ravens might have been forced to kick the field goal. Had they kicked the fg do they kick it away or go for the onsides kick?

It was a terrible non call, inexcusable, and it without question changed the complexion of the game thereafter.

Also speaking of non calls, flacco should have been flagged for intentional grounding right before the fg at the end of the half. Their kicker could have easily missed if you tack on the 6 or 7 yards that should have been assessed from the spot of the foul.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:54 PM   #26
SteelersNation
Water Boy

Member Number: 16970

C'mon guys! Stop making up all these excuses and just accept the fact that the Steelers lost.

There are missed calls/bad calls ALL THE TIME. And every homer fan thinks there is a conpiracy against their team when it happens. It sucks but its part of life.

Lets just suck this one up and move on. We got beat, end of story.
SteelersNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #27
NYC_Steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16763

Michael Oher is simply a really good player - esp for someone his size. Fast reflexes and fast feet in a big body - the guy is awesome. I only wish we had him on our O-line.
NYC_Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:54 PM   #28
zulater
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_Steeler View Post
Michael Oher is simply a really good player - esp for someone his size. Fast reflexes and fast feet in a big body - the guy is awesome. I only wish we had him on our O-line.
Yeah and he should have been flagged for procedure on the play I cited. It's not even close. Holding and interference are subjective calls, illegal procedure, particuarly when it's that blatant, isn't. You either moved before the snap or didn't, he did, an 11 yard gain should have been negated and instead of first and goal at the 8 it should have been 2nd and 13 from the 24.

Does that mean the Steelers would have won if it's called correctly? But it was an inexcusable miss by the officials nonetheless.

Oh yeah while I'm at it, Flacco should have been flagged for intentional grounding on the play before the field goal at the end of the first half. That 6 or 7 yard difference could have made that a missed field goal.

Oh well.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:02 PM   #29
NYC_Steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16763

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
Yeah and he should have been flagged for procedure on the play I cited. It's not even close. Holding and interference are subjective calls, illegal procedure, particuarly when it's that blatant, isn't. You either moved before the snap or didn't, he did, an 11 yard gain should have been negated and instead of first and goal at the 8 it should have been 2nd and 13 from the 24.

Does that mean the Steelers would have won if it's called correctly? But it was an inexcusable miss by the officials nonetheless.

Oh yeah while I'm at it, Flacco should have been flagged for intentional grounding on the play before the field goal at the end of the first half. That 6 or 7 yard difference could have made that a missed field goal.

Oh well.
When we lose everyone seems to nitpick at the missed officiating calls, when we win no one gives a rat's ass. If we hadn't made 3 penalties on our last drive and punt, and had at least converted a 1st down, we would've won. If we hadn't blown the coverage on Flacco's last throw, we would've won. If, if, if, and more ifs. If we had played better, we would've won, PERIOD. Stop blaming the officials already. We blew it, end of story. Michael Oher is extremely talented and he would've been an incredible asset on our team. Does he make mistakes? Sure, but so does everyone else.
NYC_Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #30
zulater
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_Steeler View Post
When we lose everyone seems to nitpick at the missed officiating calls, when we win no one gives a rat's ass. If we hadn't made 3 penalties on our last drive and punt, and had at least converted a 1st down, we would've won. If we hadn't blown the coverage on Flacco's last throw, we would've won. If, if, if, and more ifs. If we had played better, we would've won, PERIOD. Stop blaming the officials already. We blew it, end of story. Michael Oher is extremely talented and he would've been an incredible asset on our team. Does he make mistakes? Sure, but so does everyone else.
I'm not using it as an excuse, I'm not claiming a conspiracy or fix, I'm merely stating fact.

Sometime the call goes your way sometimes it doesn't, this time it didn't.

btw I'm not saying Oher isn't talented, but he rose early on that play, the ref shouldn't have missed it, but he did, and that's the end of it.