Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 10-04-2010, 12:27 PM   #1
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw
Post Flacco cements elite status

As per John Clayton...

Quote:
2. Flacco cements elite status: Flacco doubters took a backseat Sunday. Flacco, the elite quarterback few want to completely embrace, directed a four-play, 40-yard touchdown drive to beat Pittsburgh. He hit T.J. Houshmandzadeh on an 18-yard TD pass with 32 seconds remaining. Though he had five previous fourth-quarter game-winning drives, this was Flacco's first game winner in the final two minutes.

"I think there are going to be a lot of defining moments for Joe, but this is going to be one of them, and this is going to be one that all the Ravens fans are going to remember for a long time,'' Ravens coach John Harbaugh said.

"For Joe to do that on that defense is something,'' linebacker Ray Lewis said.

Houshmandzadeh made a double move to beat Steelers cornerback Bryant McFadden for the game-winning score.

Ravens players remarked how Flacco remains calm at all times. With 2:44 left in regulation, the Steelers, leading by four points, stopped Flacco on a fourth-and-goal incompletion from the Steelers' 2-yard line. Flacco came to the bench knowing the Steelers would call three conservative running plays that the Ravens' defense would stop, figuring he would have 1:15 and field position to try to take the lead.

"There are not many better ways to win a game when you're coming to Pittsburgh,'' Flacco said.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/notebook/_/pa...yton-last-call
steelax04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Flacco cements elite status

That was a nice drive by him, for sure. But it's way, way early in his career, and in this season, to start calling him elite. He still doesn't have more TDs than INTs for the year so far.

I knew immediately after the game was won though that the knob slobbering would begin again with him.

He's definitely got a bright future, but certainly far from elite as of now.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:01 PM   #3
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

If Ben's not elite, how the hell is Flacco? please.

These guys change their minds more than their pants.

If our D would have put him on his neck a few times, I'm sure he wouldn't have been soooo relaxed.

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:07 PM   #4
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,531 Times in 1,534 Posts

the funny thing is, after the first 2 weeks of the season probably 90% of the ratbird fans on ratbird forums wanted flacco benched ...
of course now they're clinging to his jock like a bunch of baby opossums.

Quote:
Should Flacco be benched ?
Quote:
There is definately a controversy in effect after throwing 4 int's. He does not seem as good as predicted. He is regressing. Not progessing, Throwing behind receivers. Over their heads. etc., etc. two weeks in a row has not looked like an NFL QB.
It's time for change ! if they want to salvage the season. There is no excuse for that poor of play.
Unless someone would like to tell me that the Bengals are just that more far superior above the Ravens.
Just a pathetic showing when they could have won this game. And don't say this is just one bad game. Go back to the playoffs up to now.
Pittsburg is in first place without their starting QB. Unbeleivable.
Quote:
He has not improved at all!
Quote:
I don't care how he does against Cleveland prove you can beat the best. He holds the ball too long and locks on receivers. Bulger proved from past experience that he has a quick release and with talent he can get the job done. Forget about the later years with the Rams they were a bad team.
Quote:
I'm one of Joe's biggest supporters but it's time to sit him down. He looks disinterested and doesn't have it.
Quote:
he was atrocious, yes. Cam Cameron should be benched as well.
Quote:
flacco is not a winning QB he can't win the big games, he doesn't know how to process field he is not a field general. He just cannot get it done.
Quote:
Flacco is not a franchise quarterback....bring on Bulger....let Flacco know that he needs to do more than just throw his jock strap on to remain as a starter in the NFL

Quote:
So, do we go for a quarterback in the first round next year?
Quote:
he only look good against bad teams, when flacco can wim a game with his arm then he's no different from a brady quinn, matt leinhart
Quote:
somebody said franchise qbs dont get benched after one bad game. thats true they dont, but since we dont have a franchise qb and have never had one (ozzie is to blame not me) i see no reason why flacco shouldnt be benched if he keeps playing like he is scared of his own shadow.

flacco just played as bad or worse than boller and boller is the worst QB i have ever seen in the nfl. we would have been better off with jamarcus at QB then flucko.
Quote:
Flacco is not the answer, can't trust him when it matters.
Quote:
I've been defending him since the day he was drafted here but I'm just done with him now. I don't trust the fact that he can win big games. I have the right to change my opinion and I don't give a damn who crucifies me for it.
Quote:
Right. It's stupid to try and win games. Flacco proved last year that he isn't an NFL caliber quarterback and he's proving it again this year.
Quote:
there was seperation and the line did block,flacco is a bum,you guys have to forget about Slacco because five years from now he will be kyle boller
Quote:
I think Baltimore drank the Fkacco juice too early. He does not look cool anymore. he seems lost. I think we need to remember, he has only been in one open qb competition, AND HE LOST

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 10-04-2010 at 05:44 PM.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #5
steelerohio
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14925

Well, every now and then, everyone gets lucky...

I agree with SCmom it is too early to call him elite...
steelerohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #6
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelax04 View Post
Joe Flacid is a long way from an elite QB
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
the funny thing is, after the first 2 weeks of the season probably 90% of the ratbird fans on ratbird forums wanted flacco benched ...
of course now they're clinging to his jock like a bunch of baby opossums.
and if he has another poor outing... they'll all be right back to saying he stinks again.

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #8
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

ugh.. if we don't blow it on that last drive people would be complaining about him not being able to get it in from the 2 late in the game. i hate losing to those ****s.. they always blow everything out of proportion. every time we beat them it is because the refs helped us.. every time we lose it is because they are the far superior team.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,041 Times in 3,058 Posts

mark bulger > joe flacco
Old 10-06-2010, 06:58 PM   #10
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119

I agree with SC Mom. I think only the first 6 should be called Elite now. Even among the top 6, there are 3 tiers.

Tier 1
1. Peyton manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Tom Brady

Tier 2
4. Ben Roethlisberger

Tier 3
5. Aaron Rogers
6. Phillip Rivers