Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
View Poll Results: Fault for loss?
Arians 5 12.20%
LeBeau 3 7.32%
Tomlin 1 2.44%
O-Line 1 2.44%
Batch 0 0%
Reed 9 21.95%
Ravens just outplayed the Steelers 4 9.76%
Everyone 9 21.95%
Patriots suck 6 14.63%
Other 3 7.32%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2010, 01:56 PM   #11
Lord of Lombardi
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15247
Default Re: Who's fault was it the Steelers lost?

Remember against Jacksonville when Ben needed 1 first down and Ariass called a run around to the left side. We punted and the rest is history. Why do we not lean? I know we have the Best D, but they just did an awesome job and the Offense actually owed it to the D, the rest of the team and to the fans to go out there and win a game. They were rested and they had the mental mistakes. The D did not. The Ratbirds should not have gotten the ball back. Arians needs to pull some old footage and see that his play calling sucked just like a few years ago. What did we have to lose. There is a reason that Arians has the Brown stains in his history.
Lord of Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #12
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,564 Times in 2,369 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Lombardi View Post
Remember against Jacksonville when Ben needed 1 first down and Ariass called a run around to the left side. We punted and the rest is history. Why do we not lean? I know we have the Best D, but they just did an awesome job and the Offense actually owed it to the D, the rest of the team and to the fans to go out there and win a game. They were rested and they had the mental mistakes. The D did not. The Ratbirds should not have gotten the ball back. Arians needs to pull some old footage and see that his play calling sucked just like a few years ago. What did we have to lose. There is a reason that Arians has the Brown stains in his history.
i think from the 2 yard line you have to run the ball. anyone misses their block or gets a hold in the end zone, it's a safety. Penalties that kept backing us up killed us. Instead of getting a 2nd and 7 at the 5 yard line (which would have given us enough room to open the playbook to some passes) we kept shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties getting backed up to the 2 yard line. As much as I like to blame arians for everything, he really had no choice in that circumstance.

maybe if we had ben, we could call a pass from the 2, but batch isn't nearly as good at evading the rush and making a play

I DO fault arians for not being able to make any points out of 2 turnovers in ravens territory, but also many others contributed to yesterday's loss. In a nutshell, we didn't play disciplined football, but that's correctable. It's not like we were flat out beat and outclassed. Quite the opposite.
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:02 PM   #13
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

People say "whats wrong with a 3-1 record"
Well
3-1 record against 3 teams that aren't that great. Titans have not been that good, the Lions kept CJ to 2.3 yards a carry, better than the Steelers did.
Bucs only beat the Browns and the Panthers. Falcons aren't that good against good defenses. They were terrible against the 49er's until pulling out a win last minute.
Ravens were the only real test for the Steelers in the first 4 games, and their offense is as lackluster as the other 3 teams, and they still had a solid game through the air.

Teams have started off 5-0 in the past just to end the season 9-7 or worse. Hot starts due to lackluster teams in the schedule. They did this last year, it could happen again. I'd rather the Steelers start 1-3 and end the season 11-5 or 12-4 than start 3-1 and end the season 9-7 again... Maybe I'm too much of a glass half emtpy type of person
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:05 PM   #14
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,564 Times in 2,369 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

^ disagree. the bucs maybe, but the jury is still out on them. The falcons are a good team. To say they don't do good against a good defense, well who does? Was Joe Montana a scrub cause he couldn't score more than 10 points against the giants defense in the 80's? tennessee is tough in their own house, and beating them there (something we hardly ever did historically) was a good statement.

We still have more impressive wins on our schedule than most of these teams the media is all slobbering over. We just had a bad game after a tough 3-game stretch, can't win em all. The bye week came at a good time.

btw i think the lions are a lot better than that 0-4 record says. they played everyone tough so far, but can't seem to catch a break, not to mention all the teams they played against were contenders (chi, min, gb, phi). they will definitely pick up some wins when they start facing middle of the pack or bottom tier teams
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #15
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
^ disagree. the bucs maybe, but the jury is still out on them. The falcons are a good team. To say they don't do good against a good defense, well who does? Was Joe Montana a scrub cause he couldn't score more than 10 points against the giants defense in the 80's? tennessee is tough in their own house, and beating them there (something we hardly ever did historically) was a good statement.

We still have more impressive wins on our schedule than most of these teams the media is all slobbering over. We just had a bad game after a tough 3-game stretch, can't win em all. The bye week came at a good time.

btw i think the lions are a lot better than that 0-4 record says. they played everyone tough so far, but can't seem to catch a break, not to mention all the teams they played against were contenders (chi, min, gb, phi). they will definitely pick up some wins when they start facing middle of the pack or bottom tier teams
So lions defense is better than the Steelers defense? I think the Lions are a better team than their record says too, but their defense has givin up a lot this year, though point wise they are better than most, but yard wise they are terrible. Teams were averaging over 130 yards rushing against them, Titans could only get 50, and thats because they kept giving CJ the ball even though he kept getting stuffed.

I'm not even gonna go into defending the Falcans, they are a team that can play well for a couple games then stink up the joint for a couple games. They did that all last year. Showed promise, then just fell on their face, kind of like the Steelers did.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #16
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,150 Times in 478 Posts

Quote:
Ravens were the only real test for the Steelers in the first 4 games, and their offense is as lackluster as the other 3 teams, and they still had a solid game through the air.
It's easy to play THAT game. Giving the Steelers no credit is just mind-boggling. You mention in the statements of the Titans "aren't that good" and that the "Lions held C.J" but say the Ravens were our real test when they lost to Cincinnati, who haven't looked too good, and who just lost to the Browns, who lost to Tampa Bay, a team that we murdered. Every game can be said and used against one another, but the fact is, ESP this year in the NFL, is that it's all about matchups and you can't go by what this team do against this team and so forth.

You have the Saints barely squeaking by the 0-3 Panthers & the 0-4 Niners led by a rookie and inexperienced QB's. You have Green Bay struggling with the Lions, who lost to the Bears and the Bears beat Dallas & Green Bay, but loses to the pathetic looking Giants, who lost to Indy big, but lost to Jax who is the most inconsistent team in the league. You have Washington losing to the Rams, but beat the Eagles last night, have a shootout with Houston, who lost to Dallas, when Washington beat Dallas in week 1.

This is a WHACKED out league this year. Any team can beat any team. One team looks dominant one week, lays down the next week, comes our firing, then loses big that next week. Any Given Sunday is the norm this year. Every team is all over the place BUT the Steelers IMHO.

Quote:
Teams have started off 5-0 in the past just to end the season 9-7 or worse. Hot starts due to lackluster teams in the schedule. They did this last year, it could happen again. I'd rather the Steelers start 1-3 and end the season 11-5 or 12-4 than start 3-1 and end the season 9-7 again... Maybe I'm too much of a glass half empty type of person.
Why would ANYONE want to start the season 1-3? That's just not smart thinking no matter if teams start hot and not finish. History shows that if you start off 0-3, 1-3, 1-4, then all hope could be lost down the stretch. Of course teams like the Colts and Chargers can rebound from starts like that, but don't mistaken them teams for the norm of wanting to start of at 1-3 only to finish 11-5 because it rarely, rarely happens, if not ever. You want a fast start. Maintaining is the key and that's something that the Steelers have been SO good at, last year excluded even though we finished 8-8, winning our last 3/4 and missing the playoffs 1 lousy game.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:39 PM   #17
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Truly a team effort in the first 3 wins. Truly a team effort in the loss.

Mason & Boldin were outstanding. Have we all forgotten that Batch is a FOURTH string QB? Take some Xanax. Good grief.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:47 PM   #18
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
People say "whats wrong with a 3-1 record"
Well
3-1 record against 3 teams that aren't that great. Titans have not been that good, the Lions kept CJ to 2.3 yards a carry, better than the Steelers did.
Bucs only beat the Browns and the Panthers. Falcons aren't that good against good defenses. They were terrible against the 49er's until pulling out a win last minute.

Teams have started off 5-0 in the past just to end the season 9-7 or worse. Hot starts due to lackluster teams in the schedule. They did this last year, it could happen again. I'd rather the Steelers start 1-3 and end the season 11-5 or 12-4 than start 3-1 and end the season 9-7 again... Maybe I'm too much of a glass half emtpy type of person
Holy smokes! I wish Buckeye Fans would be this critical. Cupcake city.

The Colts lost to Houston & Jacksonville. How easy to carve that like a Thanksgiving turkey. The Saints lost to the Falcons. Shall we continue?
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #19
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

I do not feel they were out played by the Tom Brady is Gay Ravens. As the ravens didnt play all that well.

Batch did a horrible job, he shouldve yanked him.

Lebeau, I hate to say, called a fair game at best.

BA didn't have a lot to work with when Batch couldve toss the rock down field.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:30 PM   #20
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,624 Times in 813 Posts

Bens fault for not being there to convert a 3rd down with 1:40 left in the game.