Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #11
steelerdave1969
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12338
Default Re: Who gets the credit for 3-1?

We lost to the Ravens and it was as a team . . enough said. Yeh I am kind of ticked at Reed for missing those two FG's, but I am also peturbed at the Steelers running 3 straight times at our own 2 yard line instead of trying to win this game by getting 1 First Down.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #12
Hirsch
Water Boy

Member Number: 16266

If Ben wasnot out for 4 games would the defense have played their A$$ off ? So Ben can get thecredit for the 3 wins and 1 loss! But now that he is back LOOKOUT
Hirsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:18 AM   #13
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
We've got a blame thread already, well very few expected 3-1 at this point, so who get's the credit?

I'm guessing several of the people who are taking the hit for yesterday's loss probably are in for a share of the credit for the 3-0 start, no?

Hey Zu,

As I watch all these games and I get jealous about what all these pass catching TEs have to offer on even these mediocre teams (there are plenty) and get annoyed with Miller, I realize I just value a pass catching TE more.

One compromise that would make me stop complaining is to get rid of Spaeth and get a #2 TE who has better catching/speed/ jumping/boxing out ability than Heath. This would be a win win because we use 2 TE sets often. I think a good pass catching TE would help a lot. I'm sure you would agree with that. Spaeth is such a disappointment. He was a good pass catcher in college and had 4TD early his rookie year before being injured then came back and did nothing. I'm telling you these good pass catching TEs are sprouting up all over the place. I wouldn't even mind using a 2nd round pick on one.

Sorry if a little off topic. I just had to bring this up. I could answer your question "Not Heath."
Old 10-06-2010, 05:55 AM   #14
MongoSteeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13096
Thumbs up Re: Who gets the credit for 3-1?

The credit as well as the blame goes to the Pittsburgh Steelers Organization.
MongoSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:06 AM   #15
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
Hey Zu,

As I watch all these games and I get jealous about what all these pass catching TEs have to offer on even these mediocre teams (there are plenty) and get annoyed with Miller, I realize I just value a pass catching TE more.

One compromise that would make me stop complaining is to get rid of Spaeth and get a #2 TE who has better catching/speed/ jumping/boxing out ability than Heath. This would be a win win because we use 2 TE sets often. I think a good pass catching TE would help a lot. I'm sure you would agree with that. Spaeth is such a disappointment. He was a good pass catcher in college and had 4TD early his rookie year before being injured then came back and did nothing. I'm telling you these good pass catching TEs are sprouting up all over the place. I wouldn't even mind using a 2nd round pick on one.

Sorry if a little off topic. I just had to bring this up. I could answer your question "Not Heath."
Personally I've been jelous of other teams quarterback play for these first few weeks of the season.

I'm happy wwe've got our franchise quarterback back. I'm interested to see how he does with an improving line and Mendenhall playing like a franchise back?
Old 10-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #16
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119

Quote:
Personally I've been jelous of other teams quarterback play for these first few weeks of the season.

I'm happy wwe've got our franchise quarterback back. I'm interested to see how he does with an improving line and Mendenhall playing like a franchise back?
I hear ya. I'm glad he's back too. It's just that I see these pass catching TEs doing so much for their teams. They represent a huge mismatch and many teams are using 2 TE no full back. The good fast ones can outrun LBs so when a LB is covering them, they just juke them or run deeper. They can also overpower fast safeties...plus some safeties are not good with man on man. It can be a problem if you have a really good one. I'd like one of those and then Heath can play blocker and I won't complain. I really wish I could see film to see if he is getting open. Everyone's game should improve with Ben so let's see. I just wish he had more ambition during games. I wish I could talk to BA to discuss how they are using him if that is the issue. Aaron Hernandez was picked up by the pats in the 4th round.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #17
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Have I been in a coma or something? When did Miller and Spaeth become poor receivers?
Old 10-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #18
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,689 Times in 2,897 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Have I been in a coma or something? When did Miller and Spaeth become poor receivers?
no shit.

i been gone almost 2 weeks and this guy is still hatin on miller and slobknobbing the patriots in the steelers forum.

is everyone sure we didnt get clownbylaw back with a new obsessive rant?

anyways, i give the special teams alot of credit, but mainly the return of troy and smith.... really, the entire defense has been lights out.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:43 PM   #19
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Al Gore.

He invented football.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:51 PM   #20
scsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 8491

Quote:
We've got a blame thread already, well very few expected 3-1 at this point, so who get's the credit?

I'm guessing several of the people who are taking the hit for yesterday's loss probably are in for a share of the credit for the 3-0 start, no?

Coach Tomlin gets the Credit! He would shoulder all of the Blame if we were 0-4 so I give it to the Head Coach and his Staff.
scsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote