Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-04-2010, 11:22 PM   #1
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Post Moss deal-Post Wk 4 Steelers Fever Power Rankings

Post your updated Power rankings in this thread (if you want).

This ranking is "Who is most likely to win the Superbowl?"

Here's mine:

1. Pittsburgh - Even with a loss, they are still on top with big Ben returning. They will need to figure out how to plug the holes in their 19th ranked swiss cheese bend but don't break pass defense. (no change)
2. Green Bay - Still some fine tuning necessary and still potential for Rogers to choke at the end of games but if they keep getting big leads he might not have to worry much. (no change)
3.New Orleans-keep finding a way to win until Bush comes back.
4. NY Jets - Starting to click and now they will be getting Santonio. Their pass D is not as dominant as last year (22nd now). We'll see if things improve when Revis returns. Moss deal seriously improves their chances. (up 1 spot).
5. San Diego- They will oil the machine for a run. Gates is great. (up 2 spots)
6. Minnesota -Moss deal big. No more 8 in the box against AP. Farve can toss it up and let moss make him look good. When Rice returns, they will be loaded. They still have a tough 4 games coming up.(up 4 spots).
7. Atlanta-showing they can find a way to win but they are still not dominant. (up 1 spot)
8. Indy- They will have to face some tough defenses so their own defense must hold up better. (down 2 spots)
9. Baltimore - good win against Pitt but Pitt has suspect pass D (ranked 19th). Good O-line. The ravens have not faced a formidable pass offense (early Sanchez, Bengals, Browns, Ben-less Pitt) (no change)
10 New England - The Moss loss was huge. Combine that with the poor D and they fall quite a bit. With Belickick's leadership, there is always a chance though (down 6 spots).
11. Cowboys- Ricc won't like it but because of poor play around them, they move up by resting. (up 1 spots)
12. Houston -OK so they beat the Raiders. Colts win still their only convincing win. They must work on D. Maybe getting Cushing back will make the difference. (up 1 spot)
13. Phili -with Vick they can win their division. Without Vick, they may not make the playoffs (down 2 spots)
14. Washington-very sloppy team but they propell their way on to the list by beating a Vickless Phili. Next weaks match against GB will show if they can hang with the big boys. (new to list)
15. Denver- slim chance of upsetting SD and winning their division. Very Slim. Orton leading the league in passing? Who would have guessed?(new to list)

Fell off
Cinci- too many good teams in AFC this year even if they ever get it together
Chicago -They are who I thought they were

Potential
NYG -Both O and D are too inconsistent
Miami-The NE game was actually big. They are too mistake filled. Maybe next year. They do have a chance now of upsetting the Pats with moss gone but if the Pats don't make the playoffs, Houston probably will.

Last edited by SteelKnight; 10-06-2010 at 12:24 PM.
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:26 PM   #2
SteelKnight
Team President

Default Re: Post Wk 4 Steelers Fever Power Rankings

I know Ricc will wonder why currently the Patriots are ahead of the Jets even though the Jets beat them. The reason is if it came down to it in the playoffs, right now I have a little more confidence in Belichick and Brady not to choke over Sanchez.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:25 AM   #3
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,528 Times in 1,533 Posts

Quote:
19th ranked swiss cheese bend but don't break pass defense. (no change)
giving up the game winning score in 1 minute isn't breaking ?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:20 AM   #4
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
giving up the game winning score in 1 minute isn't breaking ?
You deserve one of these

I try to keep these explanations short. I almost included a line that they did break a bit (just a bit) at the wrong time this week but for brevity, I assumed people would get it. lol

What I mean by the "bend but don't break" is people keep praising them because they are #1 in allowing the least number of points but pass-wise, they have been allowing a lot of yards and have just been fortunate to stop teams before they score. They can't always be fortunate.

I still think "bend but don't break" describes them well pass-wise because although they were not really stopping them (allowing 22 first downs) they only allowed 17 points and they maintained their #1 spot for scoring defense despite dropping further to #19 pass defense. i.e. they are letting people get yards but just not scores...bend but don't break...get it?
Old 10-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #5
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

If indeed your rankings are about who can make the playoffs and win the SB, then you should try to have 6 AFC and 6 NFC teams. Instead you have 7 and 5. Doesn't make sense.
Quote:
3.New Orleans-keep finding a way to win until Bush comes back.
Since when is Bush central (or even important) to the Saints offense?
Quote:
10. Cowboys- Ricc won't like it but because of poor play around them, they move up by resting (up 2 spots)
14. Minnesota-Their next 4 games will be tough and will define their season. Not having Rice has really hurt them. If they can make the playoffs they can cause some damage but will they make the playoffs? Probably not. (down 4 spots)
No, ric doesn't like it. Minnesota - who lost to two better teams than Dallas has - also had a bye and moved down 4. You have a boner for Romo. It's cool, just own it.
Quote:
Cinci- too many good teams in AFC this year
You mean like the Browns?
Quote:
Chicago -They are who I thought they were
A decent team that had a really bad game? From what I can tell you put a bonus AFC team (Denver) on your list that has no business being there rather than an NFC division leader.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #6
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
If indeed your rankings are about who can make the playoffs and win the SB, then you should try to have 6 AFC and 6 NFC teams. Instead you have 7 and 5. Doesn't make sense.

Since when is Bush central (or even important) to the Saints offense?

No, ric doesn't like it. Minnesota - who lost to two better teams than Dallas has - also had a bye and moved down 4. You have a boner for Romo. It's cool, just own it.

You mean like the Browns?

A decent team that had a really bad game? From what I can tell you put a bonus AFC team (Denver) on your list that has no business being there rather than an NFC division leader.
1. It's not simply about who can make the playoffs but more specifically "Who is most likely to win the Superbowl?" I list 15 because it increases your odds of getting all the key players to the Superbowl. It can't be just about division winners because, for example, the NFC West sucks. They will get 1 team into the playoffs but that team won't win the SB.

On the list of 15, there are 8 AFC and 7 NFC. In the past, I have made my AFC prediction. The NFC has too much parity.

AFC will have Steelers, Jets, Patriots, Indy, Ravens, and SD. On the bubble out will be Houston, Cinci, Miami and Denver.

The NFC will have GB, Saints, and Falcons. The other 3 are up in the air.

For Minnesota, I might have to redo the rankings if they do indeed get Moss. They will be a different team with Moss, Rice (eventually) and Harvin. Pair that with Peterson and if Farve can get his nonsense together, they look good again. Without Moss and Rice, I don't see how they survive the next 4 games.

The bears really suck. I can say that having seen 3 of their 4 games.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #7
SteelKnight
Team President

I forgot to answer your Cowboys Romo comment. I saw the Redskins game and they are better than the skins and better than the Eagles with Kolb...maybe Vick may be able to beat them. The Giants are totally unpredictable. I think the Eagles and Cowboys get in. Once they are in, they could upset any team on any given Sunday (or Sat). They just need a ticket. They are not the best but they can do it.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:51 PM   #8
SteelKnight
Team President

Updated for Moss. SB here we come.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:27 AM   #9
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Cowboys and Chargers lost again, which means one of them might have to be moved into the top spot. Which one will it be?