Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-12-2006, 06:49 PM   #11
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689
Default Re: who to watch at las vegas 400

Thanks, tony... Now I get to see his good lookin' hot self again in Victory Lane!

I was sweatin' bullets there w/Kenseth. Geesh... He's too darn good...(lol)!
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:01 PM   #12
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
great picks deiselman #1 and #2 ill have to hit you twice (and great pick steelerzgirl)
Thanks bro.......didn't do good with my C guy he finished 40th OUCH!!!

BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:31 PM   #13
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
Jimmie's gonna win. I put a voodoo curse on Kenseth...tehehe.
OK, don't do that again. Kenseth was on his way to victory with two laps to go and he starts to lose his engine... He may have been able to hang on for the win, but on top of that a caution comes out. You evil women.

I actually started Jimmie this week in our fantasy league but I still root for Kenseth, and I would have liked to see him tie two wins together. Jimmie is pulling out to a nice lead in the points.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:46 PM   #14
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,219 Times in 2,676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB2W

I actually started Jimmie this week in our fantasy league but I still root for Kenseth, and I would have liked to see him tie two wins together. Jimmie is pulling out to a nice lead in the points.
kenseth was still the highest scoring driver of the week. im suprised theres not a 5-10pt bonus for actually winning the race. i do like the 10 bonus for leading the most laps. nice little safety net for a driver who may fall off late or someone like biffle last week who blows and engine after dominating.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:10 PM   #15
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB2W
OK, don't do that again. Kenseth was on his way to victory with two laps to go and he starts to lose his engine... He may have been able to hang on for the win, but on top of that a caution comes out. You evil women.

Yes, I'm an evil woman...(lol)! When they said Kenseth was starting to lose his engine, I knew I was in trouble with you. I was just playin' with you, of course, when I said I put a voodoo curse on Kenseth, but I knew I would be hearing about it...(lol).

Jimmie is leading in points, but Kenseth is making me nervous. He's definitely a force to be reckoned with. It's going to be a great NASCAR season.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:08 AM   #16
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Couple things...first off, Darian Grubb deserves MAJOR props for the job he's done in Knaus' absence. I didn't think he'd be up to the task adjusting at these difficult and cantankerous tracks, but he really stepped it up...he'll be sitting on another drivers box next year for sure.

Secondly, great driving by Jimmie...if you're gonna lead only one lap, might as well make it the last, right?
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:55 AM   #17
tony hipchest

i think we can all agree now that the 4 race suspension of knaus was a token penalty that really had no punitive effect. even a 25 point penalty which some thought would spell doom and gloom for the #48 team wouldve proven to be minimal.

it was good to see a clean pass for the win. i was thinking the art of driving around a driver was lost in this day and age when you can drive through a driver and not face any back lash. speaking of no backlash its good to see that stewart is in midseason idiot form. i dont mind the aggressive driving as much as the whining, pointing fingers, and calling out other drivers. the holier than every other driver gets a little old when youve had as many run ins as he has. good late call on my part to bump him out of my top 5 and bump up the shrub.

as for grubb, if i were to speculate where he may go if he gets away at all, it probably wont be out of the hendrick camp. id say if b. vickers dont start producing like the average roush driver look for grubb to crewchief there. hendrick still has loyalties to vickers courtesy of his late son and wants to put him in the best possible situation to win.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:19 AM   #18
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
i think we can all agree now that the 4 race suspension of knaus was a token penalty that really had no punitive effect. even a 25 point penalty which some thought would spell doom and gloom for the #48 team wouldve proven to be minimal.
Nah, I'm still gonna disagree. I think the Knaus suspension was supposed to be more damaging, but Grubb proved to be up for the task...of course points hurt more than anything, but he was caught before the race.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:39 AM   #19
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Nah, I'm still gonna disagree. I think the Knaus suspension was supposed to be more damaging, but Grubb proved to be up for the task...of course points hurt more than anything, but he was caught before the race.
if it was supposed to be more damaging it wouldve been more damaging. nascar is more in tune with its teams and participants than any other sport. they are not gonna severely handicapp one of the favorites for the chase and one of their hot commodities. the suspension of knaus was a formality and a shot across the bow. if i knew it wasnt gonna hurt jimmie before the fact you can rest assured nascar knew too.

if they want to, nascar can still dock points for infractions before the race , even if the infraction is corrected before the cars hit the track on raceday. i believe this is what happened to terry labonte and HOF racing.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:49 AM   #20
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

So, let me get this straight. NASCAR presciently KNEW that Darian Grubb was going to be as good or better than Chad Knaus?