Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-06-2010, 03:54 AM   #21
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Re: How possible Moss trade would affect Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
I want to face and beat everyone FULL STRENGTH that way idiots cant say what if...
That will be their new full strength...lol I'm cool with it. I did not feel bad that the Ravens did not have Reed just like they didn't feel bad that we didn't have Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_Steeler View Post
Don't know who the Pats will get in return - doesn't matter, we will crush them with or without Moss - as long as we cover Welker across the middle. As for the Vikes, we will crush them with or without Moss as well. Blitz Favre and keep the blitz on all day and he's toast.
Big talker eh...lol Without gives us a bettter chance. It takes the edge off. They have used 2 or more TE 64% of the time so our zone holes would be very vulnerable to these passes. I really feel we should make an exception and give Welker his own CB man on man. I don't want him running throug our zones looking for openings. Modified zone blitz with Welker shadow. Look out for Hernandez. He's exciting. I wish he was our #2 TE.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:09 AM   #22
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
I want to face and beat everyone FULL STRENGTH that way idiots cant say what if...
The idiots will always find something. (but our team has scored more point since 2005)

I think the Pats are above average at best.
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:31 AM   #23
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

COOLLLLLLLL, it guarranttees us in the SB? Call the NFL we can just fast forward to Dallas.

I think we still have other games against teams not named the Pats don''t? Or were we playing the Pats for the 15 games?
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:14 AM   #24
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
COOLLLLLLLL, it guarranttees us in the SB? Call the NFL we can just fast forward to Dallas.

I think we still have other games against teams not named the Pats don''t? Or were we playing the Pats for the 15 games?
Pats with Brady our Nemesis...

Steeler fans have too much pride to admit it but I have documented Brady's record against us. He understands Lebeau's defense and is not intimidated. Without moss, this takes away a potential 2 deep TDs for the games.

I do want some competition so I'm glad it is not a situation where the experts say there is no way we should not be in the SB but I'll be happy to see Moss leave.

I figured our Steeler fans would have too much pride to admit that Moss leaving would help us. We tend not to be fair in assessing other teams talent. These same fans would say Ray Lewis makes no difference in Baltimore even though it is clear he is their leader and motivates them. They've said he never makes a difference and only gets tackles because he comes in at the end and touches guys and their coaches cheat and assign him tackles...OK. When I watch, I see Ray making a difference and we would have an easier time against the Ravens if he wasn't there. Do I expect Steeler fans to admit this? Nope...It's all good. It doesn't mean someone is afraid but just giving appropriate credit and assigning odds.

Some fans said Housh would make no difference when I brought up the signing...oops...I guess he made a difference Sunday. We are never fair...it is ridiculous. It's some kind of false pride.

As far as playing the Pats in the playoffs, it would be more special to me if we could play and beat them in the Playoffs. In 2005, someone beat them for us. In 2008, brady was injured so we never had to face them. It is just one of those things like the Red Sox beating the Yankees on the way to the World Series or not having to play them. It is more special to knock them down. I'd rather face them (if we can win) but not until the Championship.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:35 AM   #25
SteelKnight
Team President

It's a done deal. Moss to Vikes for a 3rd rounder. We should have given up a 3rd rounder for him. Oh well it makes us better (puts us in a better position to win it all).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Next Weeks MNF game will be good.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:46 PM   #26
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,439 Times in 2,737 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
It's a done deal. Moss to Vikes for a 3rd rounder. We should have given up a 3rd rounder for him. Oh well it makes us better (puts us in a better position to win it all).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Next Weeks MNF game will be good.
stupid career move by moss, what better way to inflate your stats than play for the #1 quarterback in the league? Brett Favre is in his last year, but hey, that's his choice. I won't complain, this makes it easier for us to reach the SB :P
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #27
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

I dont think the Pats loosing Moss would have anything to do with us reaching the SB. If anything it will be determined by the Steelers themselves. I dont know how you can figure on one guy. We have other teams to get through as well.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:56 PM   #28
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

This would help the Steelers vs Pats game later inthe season since it seems Steeler cornerbacks can't cover the deep ball, but thats really it, Welker is still the best possesion receiver in the league, but if the Steelers are forced to double team him instead of Moss, it makes it a tad easier.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:01 PM   #29
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

I'd be more worried about Welker than Moss, Theres a reason Pats left Moss go. They rely on Welker alot for those stupid little slants that seem to bite teams like the Steelers in the azz from playing off to far. I see the Pats picked up Moorehead,another Welker type player.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:07 PM   #30
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
I'd be more worried about Welker than Moss, Theres a reason Pats left Moss go. They rely on Welker alot for those stupid little slants that seem to bite teams like the Steelers in the azz from playing off to far. I see the Pats picked up Moorehead,another Welker type player.
Yes because the Pats offense is becoming more of a short passing game instead of the spread offense they usually play.
Welker can kill a team deep and short, the only way to cover him is to bump him at the line and have a linebacker or saftey help cover him. Moss was always double teamed which allowed Welker to catch 123 passes last year in like 13 games. The zone type coverage the Steelers play is very good at defending the short passing game if its in the middle of the field, but if its on the outside, it will give up some yards, but I don't think the Steelers will totally bomb against the Pats.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote