Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-07-2010, 12:18 PM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,399 Times in 3,546 Posts
Default Re: "The Flag of Islam will one day fly over the White House"

lets cut throught the BS here. ANYONE who suggests the "muslim flag" (if there really is such thing) will fly over the whitehouse is about as bright as that eurotrash pos stupa_fly.

how many people have even seen the muslim flag or could racognize it? does it superscede the saudi flag?

barak isnt muslim, he is christian.

have the muslims conquered america in war?

did clinton fly the confederate flag when he was president?

if we never have allowed a giant cross to be placed ontop of the WH, why would we allow any other religious symbol?

- PANIC!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 12:31 PM   #22
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
Damn, this shit reminds me of StfU, it's like the same argument over and over and over again. Did this not all get hashed out in the numerous other threads? Instead on a bajillion Obama threads we have a bajillion Islam threads.
You'd complain about it either way. Just don't open a thread if you think it's gonna bother ya.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:41 PM   #23
zulater
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
lets cut throught the BS here. ANYONE who suggests the "muslim flag" (if there really is such thing) will fly over the whitehouse is about as bright as that eurotrash pos stupa_fly.

how many people have even seen the muslim flag or could racognize it? does it superscede the saudi flag?

barak isnt muslim, he is christian.

have the muslims conquered america in war?

did clinton fly the confederate flag when he was president?

if we never have allowed a giant cross to be placed ontop of the WH, why would we allow any other religious symbol?

- PANIC!!!
True, but it never hurts to know your enemies long term objective's and goals if you want to keep them in check.

. I mean I've even heard rumor that the Browns have threatened to one day posses the Lombardi trophy. Even though that event can never happen they can still annoy the shit out of you in the proccess of trying.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:44 PM   #24
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,669 Times in 1,584 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
Damn, this shit reminds me of StfU, it's like the same argument over and over and over again. Did this not all get hashed out in the numerous other threads? Instead on a bajillion Obama threads we have a bajillion Islam threads.
meh.... its not like there's any other activity going on in the locker room.....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:09 PM   #25
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
shea's right... instead of hating the muslims , we should just embrace them and their culture...
Yes, there are sectors of the religion that aren't exceptable and of course extremists within the religion, but don't group the whole religion in that catergory.

Watch this and educate yourself.

http://abc.go.com/watch/2020/SH55902...ns-and-answers

EVERY religion has its kooks and those that are uneducated. The trick, it seems for some people, is the ability to recognize and differentiate that the mass majority of the good versus the select few of the bad isn't even close.
Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:14 PM   #26
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
Yeah actually they are. Much better in fact. Sure there's still a few brush fires among the cult and you have some situation arise here and there with some yokel inbred fundamentalist who gets carried away and does something unfortunate in the name of his god. But all the worlds other religions combined times 10 don't approach the mayhem currently being created in the world on a daily basis in the name of Allah. Sorry but that's the unfortunate truth.
Your assumption, whenever anything happens in the Middle East or any predominantly Muslim region, is that Islam is the cause. Anything bad, that is. The lists after lists after lists that Mom and I scared up regarding terrorism in Europe, homicide rates in Muslim countries, rape statistics, etc., etc. do not suggest to you that there is something right with Islam, nor should they, despite just how good their stats really are.

But it works in the other direction as well. The horrific shit from goons in the Middle East should not be your canvas for painting Muslims. Backwoods thugs are backwoods thugs no matter if they are Klansmen from Georgia or Taliban from Afghanistan.

Furthermore, if you can generalize upon their religion based on what their thugs are doing, so can they. And "our religion" - based upon all of our numerous wars, overthrown governments and covert operations in their part of the globe - looks a whole lot worse than Islam does, especially if we're just going on bodycount.

Finally, an appalling number of their thugs and goons and dictators are or were on our dime. So who's really responsible? Islam, or our other religion: capitalism (what passes for capitalism, I should say)?
Old 10-08-2010, 02:25 AM   #27
zulater
Team Owner

Really if you want to differentiate Islam from Christianity I think the place to start looking is at it's center, in other words it's prophet. Examine Jesus the man, what he did and didn't do and it's hard to understand how anyone could use his examples and teachings to promote violence? Not saying it doesn't happen, but again getting back to the center piece of the religion and you'd have to say those that use Jesus as an excuse to commit violence against their fellow man have strayed off the path of the leader.

Conversly if we examine Muhamad the man.... well short version, it's hard to understand how anyone wouldn't be prone to radicalism and violence if they want to follow the footsteps of the man who once was.

I know no one wants to hear it, but just saying all the same.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:58 AM   #28
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Uh, he claimed he was god (or the bastard son thereof) which Mohammad never did. So humility's out the window already. Any time you want to click on my signature to examine the joys and wonders of Christianity, be my guest. I have little doubt that neither Islam nor Judaism are any better, being all branches of the same sick tree.

The real question is: how did a professed agnostic like you get snookered into running interference for one of these abominations against the others?
Old 10-08-2010, 06:21 AM   #29
zulater
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Uh, he claimed he was god (or the bastard son thereof) which Mohammad never did. So humility's out the window already. Any time you want to click on my signature to examine the joys and wonders of Christianity, be my guest. I have little doubt that neither Islam nor Judaism are any better, being all branches of the same sick tree.

The real question is: how did a professed agnostic like you get snookered into running interference for one of these abominations against the others?
So supposedly claiming he was god is as bad as being a mass murderer, torturer, rapist, and pedophile?

Yeah ric, right.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:30 AM   #30
zulater
Team Owner

I might be agnostic, but history tells me that Budha, Jesus, and Muhamed were all real men, and what history is also available strongly suggests to me that two of the three were good men who used their lives to set good examples for others. If I were to ever gain religion I could see genuine value in following in the real life footsteps of Budha or Jesus. Mohamed, no thanks, guy was a thug. If you made Ghengis Khan the centerpiece of your church you wouldn't be doing much different.

http://invitation2learn.wordpress.co...-four-gospels/

By the way ric, there's genuine debate over whether Jesus ever truly declared himself divine. Some believe that Jesus' words were twisted by those that would prosper and propel themselves to positions of power and influence most by his divinity in his aftermath.