Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-10-2010, 09:13 AM   #41
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296
Default Re: "The Flag of Islam will one day fly over the White House"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
That religionofpeace site is right up there with bleacherreport on my list of Sites Which are Devoid of Meaningful Content. It's a propaganda site, pure and simple. There's a reason I quote the CIA when I'm criticizing US foreign policy, and you should do the same. Read the Quran if you really want to criticize these folks. You'll find ample material, trust me.

And on that note, we should quote the New Testament to bring us back to my previous point.
Matthew 7:16 - "Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles"
If we are to follow your lead and judge Islam by what Muslims do in the real world, then we should be likewise judging Christianity by what Christians do in the real world. I needn't remind you that they are not bombing our cities, nor are they using white phosphorous against Americans, nor are they taking control of our resources by force and giving them away in no-bid contracts. Nor are they subverting our elections.

We good Christians are doing all of those things in the Muslim world, and we don't even bother to lie about it; it's for their own good, we tell ourselves. I realize that there is something cathartic (or at least distracting) for you and Vinny and Venom to keep posting these articles about how horrible "those people" are. But I really think all of us would benefit a lot more from taking a long, cold, hard look in the mirror on a daily basis.
ric , remember we don't all subscribe to your worldview that every military operation this country has been involved with since our Revolutionary War is a criminal act on our part.

It is worth consider though that many Muslims have been fed your line of logic without ever being given the counter p.o.v. with the supporting rationale for our presence in their regions of the world.

I'm not going to sit here and be the one to make the argument by the way, because, one I don't have the time or energy, and two I'm not really good at explaining it anyway. In my mind I've examined both sides of the argument and made a decision opposite of your views ric, but I've never been a great advocate as in explaining it. that's why I'm a horseman and not a lawyer.

But again it is worth consider that many Muslims, correctly or not, view western society as intrusive, self serving, obtuse and belligerent. Therefore I will give some more pause for thought in the future as to their suspicions and actions towards us in some less aggrecious instances.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:42 AM   #42
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,811 Times in 4,474 Posts
Default Re: "The Flag of Islam will one day fly over the White House"

so in summation, what can we make of this thread?

"A red dotted maxi-pad will one day fly over the White House" .