Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-28-2006, 08:07 AM   #1
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217
Default Steelers to open up Arizonas new stadium...

TEMPE, Ariz. -- The defending Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers will face Arizona on Aug. 12 in the first preseason game in the Cardinals' new Glendale stadium.

The game will be played in the afternoon, which is possible because the new facility is air-conditioned with a retractable dome. Due to extreme heat, afternoon preseason games were impossible at open-air Sun Devil Stadium, where the Cardinals spent their first 16 seasons in the desert.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...nfl&id=2386567

Cool!!

(pardon the pun)
Old 03-28-2006, 08:16 AM   #2
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Re: Steelers to open up Arizonas new stadium...

It'll be sad if the Cards still suck open ass, and they have a great new stadium half full every Sunday.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:24 AM   #3
Midnightwriter1
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2182

With James i think they will be pretty good.. Arington was suppose to bring them a runner.. they have wayyy too many weapons now that they wont play well. They may win that division they are in as well. They are loaded on the offensive side of tha ball so if nothing else they should score alot of points and at least get fans in there. Although the Cardinals have been alot of " experts" sleeper team for awhile now... i really think they will do well this year. good test for us.
Midnightwriter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:32 AM   #4
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightwriter1
With James i think they will be pretty good.. Arington was suppose to bring them a runner.. they have wayyy too many weapons now that they wont play well. They may win that division they are in as well. They are loaded on the offensive side of tha ball so if nothing else they should score alot of points and at least get fans in there. Although the Cardinals have been alot of " experts" sleeper team for awhile now... i really think they will do well this year. good test for us.

Signing James was a great move but it was mirrored with an equally dumb move by letting Josh McCown go.
I don't know how Denny Green convinced himself that Kurt Warner is a better choice at QB but I hope the Arizona media and fans kick his ass to no end when this move eventually comes back to haunt the Cardinals.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:36 AM   #5
Midnightwriter1
Bench Warmer

Have no idea why they let him go, apparently Grn didnt think he ws the future. Warner will be there a few more yeas so they have time ( maybe this years draft ) to get a QB to back up Warner.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:06 AM   #6
SteelerDad

Member Number:

It seems to be assumed out here that if Vince Young falls to Arizona, they'll pick him.

The Cardinal's new stadium is very impressive, but it's still hard to get people to come out to the games because so many people in the state are from somewhere else. Cleveland and Pittsburgh have huge fan followings out here, so the game should sold-out with Steeler fans coming from not only Arizona, but Southern California as well.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:17 AM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,777 Times in 2,938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerDad
It seems to be assumed out here that if Vince Young falls to Arizona, they'll pick him.

The Cardinal's new stadium is very impressive, but it's still hard to get people to come out to the games because so many people in the state are from somewhere else. Cleveland and Pittsburgh have huge fan followings out here, so the game should sold-out with Steeler fans coming from not only Arizona, but Southern California as well.
unfortunately phoenix is the closest football town to southern nm, and this is the closest the steelers will be coming my way. i almost feel obligated to make the 6hr drive to see them. and the new stadium.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:17 PM   #8
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

They'll be a honeymoon period where people will show up just to experience the new stadium, but, the bottom line remains, no wins = no butts in seats.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:22 PM   #9
Midnightwriter1
Bench Warmer

With the division the Cards are in ... they have a shot to win.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:26 PM   #10
SteelerDad

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
They'll be a honeymoon period where people will show up just to experience the new stadium, but, the bottom line remains, no wins = no butts in seats.
That's what drives me nuts about down here. They have some awesome arenas and stadiums. Glendale Arena is far and away the most impressive hockey arena I've ever been in. Chase Field, the Cardinals stadium, even Arizona Stadium here in Tucson is pretty good. But they don't win and even when they do, they can only fill their stadiums to 3/4 full.