Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Ben Roethlisberger Says He Contemplated Retirement

Ben Roethlisberger has already won two Super Bowl championships. At age 28, he’s in the prime years of his career and has a great opportunity to accomplish a lot more before he hangs it up. Yet somehow, Roethlisberger has already contemplated retiring from the game of football. No, seriously. He said that.

There was a time when I was going through all this that I contemplated not playing anymore. I didn’t want to be Big Ben anymore. And I know that’s what goes along with being No. 7 of the Pittsburgh Steelers,” Roethlisberger said on NFL Live. “So part of me, I can admit didn’t want to play anymore. And go coach or do something else.”

Waaaaaah. Waaaaaah. So you were involved in a sexual assault scandal and it resulted in people making some cruel t-shirts about you. Life goes on. I’m not trying to downplay the difficulties Roethlisberger must have faced while he was suspended and dealing with people not believing anything he said. It’s tough, but you don’t run from something like that. You prove you’re a changed person and come back and start over.

Maybe he’s telling the truth, but personally I don’t buy it. I think Big Ben (yes I enjoy calling him Big Ben even more now) is just being over-dramatic in trying to prove he’s learned his lesson. He knows he’s 28 and he knows there’s still plenty of people in Pittsburgh who think he’s royalty. If nothing else, I suppose I’ll give him an A+ for effort in the “proving you’re a changed man” category.

http://network.yardbarker.com/author...ternal/3373342
Old 10-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #2
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 2,757 Times in 1,069 Posts
Default Re: Ben Roethlisberger Says He Contemplated Retirement

Yeah I doubt he would've retired, but I think it would've been possible if the Rooney's released him.
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:54 AM   #3
wootawnee
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4530

It hurts sometimes when people talk about you.......I know where he's coming from.....It just makes ya sick to your stomach that people can hate you for no reason.....Or for any reason of that matter........Hate is a terrible thing.........It derives from self -detrimentated characters who feel that they are different from someone,.... so that someone is wrong for being different that way..........

Or It could be from a simple misconstrued energy disagreement........That usually is the case.........
Old 10-10-2010, 03:06 AM   #4
SoCalFan
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14860
My Mood: Buzzed

If the Rooneys released him,he would have a chip on his shoulder and would have played somewhere else!He was just tired of all the negatives that come with being a self centered,spoiled star.Now that he is grounded by his actions and bad publicity he will be fine,lesson learned.Those thoughts of retiring were just that,thoughts.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:22 AM   #5
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,145 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

I don't blame him for thinking that at one point I suppose. None of us can really judge that either, since we've probably never been in that extreme of a situation. That's why I've always said I'm glad I'm not famous. I wouldn't be able to deal with it at all.

I'm glad he stuck through it though, and glad he's going to be back out on the field next Sunday.
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #6
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,265 Times in 639 Posts

What a pile of rear deposits. Retire and coach? And make what? 35K a year at some high school? Come on. Being Big Ben. Any famous person, ugly, rich, talented or talentless can get chicks. The only problem with it is you have scum sucking freeloaders coming after you just as bad. If i were his publicist I would tell him to stop talking.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:45 PM   #7
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

What's new? Ben's always been a bit of a drama queen. Just put this one on the shelf next to his broken toes and 105 fever.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:13 PM   #8
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
Ben Roethlisberger has already won two Super Bowl championships. At age 28, heís in the prime years of his career and has a great opportunity to accomplish a lot more before he hangs it up. Yet somehow, Roethlisberger has already contemplated retiring from the game of football. No, seriously. He said that.

There was a time when I was going through all this that I contemplated not playing anymore. I didnít want to be Big Ben anymore. And I know thatís what goes along with being No. 7 of the Pittsburgh Steelers,Ē Roethlisberger said on NFL Live. ďSo part of me, I can admit didnít want to play anymore. And go coach or do something else.Ē

Waaaaaah. Waaaaaah. So you were involved in a sexual assault scandal and it resulted in people making some cruel t-shirts about you. Life goes on. Iím not trying to downplay the difficulties Roethlisberger must have faced while he was suspended and dealing with people not believing anything he said. Itís tough, but you donít run from something like that. You prove youíre a changed person and come back and start over.

Maybe heís telling the truth, but personally I donít buy it. I think Big Ben (yes I enjoy calling him Big Ben even more now) is just being over-dramatic in trying to prove heís learned his lesson. He knows heís 28 and he knows thereís still plenty of people in Pittsburgh who think heís royalty. If nothing else, I suppose Iíll give him an A+ for effort in the ďproving youíre a changed manĒ category.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well that's not bad, but can he get 4 SuperBowls before 30, like the Great Terry Bradshaw did. !?

This is why I have nuthin' but Uber-Respect for TB. And BEN should have listened !!!, to that old QB's advice.

No pity here, no quarter is given. You'll start from scratch again Ben, and you're gonna earn those stars and stripes for our STEELERS" the hard way. And that, as it should be, is the "only" way baby !
Ben retire ??? -that would only be becuase he would be a COWARD -and that's all the media would ever write about him.
So, I do not believe for 1 sec Ben would retire now. He'd be an idiiot, -mmm, then again ?/// and Charlie Batch will have to take us to SB # 7 this year kiddies.

ahh nevermind ;)

anyway, the Media is gonna make the most of all this crap. I wouldn't listen to any of it.

Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #9
HAWK
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12888

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
Ben Roethlisberger has already won two Super Bowl championships. At age 28, heís in the prime years of his career and has a great opportunity to accomplish a lot more before he hangs it up. Yet somehow, Roethlisberger has already contemplated retiring from the game of football. No, seriously. He said that.

There was a time when I was going through all this that I contemplated not playing anymore. I didnít want to be Big Ben anymore. And I know thatís what goes along with being No. 7 of the Pittsburgh Steelers,Ē Roethlisberger said on NFL Live. ďSo part of me, I can admit didnít want to play anymore. And go coach or do something else.Ē

Waaaaaah. Waaaaaah. So you were involved in a sexual assault scandal and it resulted in people making some cruel t-shirts about you. Life goes on. Iím not trying to downplay the difficulties Roethlisberger must have faced while he was suspended and dealing with people not believing anything he said. Itís tough, but you donít run from something like that. You prove youíre a changed person and come back and start over.

Maybe heís telling the truth, but personally I donít buy it. I think Big Ben (yes I enjoy calling him Big Ben even more now) is just being over-dramatic in trying to prove heís learned his lesson. He knows heís 28 and he knows thereís still plenty of people in Pittsburgh who think heís royalty. If nothing else, I suppose Iíll give him an A+ for effort in the ďproving youíre a changed manĒ category.

You should become a journalist because you sound just like someone who has the easy job of sitting in a cubicle while making judgement calls on someone else's life and problems.

Having said that, that wasn't the spirit of the interview or the statement. You forgot to mention that he claimed it was a brief moment and quickly realized that he couldn't do it. He couldn't leave the game, and his team or brothers as he calls them.

This thread, like so many articles/pretend journalism these days, is exactly the over dramatic drivel that you accuse BR of.
HAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:48 PM   #10
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,145 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWK View Post
You should become a journalist because you sound just like someone who has the easy job of sitting in a cubicle while making judgement calls on someone else's life and problems.

Having said that, that wasn't the spirit of the interview or the statement. You forgot to mention that he claimed it was a brief moment and quickly realized that he couldn't do it. He couldn't leave the game, and his team or brothers as he calls them.

This thread, like so many articles/pretend journalism these days, is exactly the over dramatic drivel that you accuse BR of.
Pete didn't write the article.

The dude who wrote it though did do so in an overly dramatic fashion, that you are correct about.
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote