Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-13-2006, 12:03 AM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Post With ARE gone..Cedric Wilson just got his shot as a starter..

Well with ARE gone.. Mr. " its not about the money, I wanna stay in Pittsburgh,I'll take less to stay here" ... Cedric jumps up as the penciled in starter opposite Hines. Obviously we have some young talent like Nate Washington and if we bring back Quincy that will help...but look for us to go out and pick up a Vet. WR in FA now more than ever. And draft some young prospects too to help our cause.

Cedric whined in the regular season but came up HUGE in the posteason for us, so now you got your shot dude, dont blow it. !
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:24 AM   #2
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: With ARE gone..Cedric Wilson just got his shot as a starter..

I just gotta say this becuz it just pisses me off to no end.. Ya say one thing and u do another. I mean what you cant live off a few million a year so you gotta go get more just becuz ? All the charity work he did in Pittsburgh, how the fans and city embraced and supported him and we molded him into a quality player in this league and then you jump ship to a team who overpays everyone and can keep their salary cap under control for a couple years at a time. 27 million they paid him, Did he really think he deserved Hines Ward type money to stay in Pittsburgh!! He wont ever see 2/3 of that contract becuz they'll have to release him or rework it within 2 years !!

Screw you ARE, we supported you through good and tough times here..u professed u wanted to stay in Pittsburgh then you jump ship before you even give us a chance to really work out a deal with you.

Go enjoy being a part of the smurf WR's again in Washington and dont let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out... no wait, maybe it would knock some sense into you !

Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 03-13-2006 at 12:28 AM.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:37 AM   #3
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

awww ARE was and is still overrated, sure he had a couple of nice plays but plax was 3409273504375132483279427139472319 times better then him and we still one the superbowl. wilson will do just fine as the number 2, and there's still the draft, maybe chad jackson or sinorce moss falls to us, or we take nance in the second. this is why i respect hope, he at least admits it's about the paper, ARE was a coward about it. i'll never forgive him for losing the pats game so i'm glad he's gone, i wish him the best of luck but we will still be contending without him
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:43 AM   #4
BlacknGold Bleeder
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1254

Where do I start... ARE c ya maybe if the door had hit ya before you left you might have come to your senses... but if you can steal that kind of money and not go to jail my hats off to ya!! This just might be your biggest trick play of all,you got them thinking you are a starter!!
Just how many millions do these "players" need to "take care of my family", how many future generations is he taking care of?? I know,I know it's not his fault if someone is willing to throw that kind of money at you you got to take it and run. I thank GOD that Hines is a stand up guy and did what he did. He could have gotten 2x as much. To think ARE is now getting paid as much as E. James WTF is Snyder thinking??? I guess I'm jealous, to be able to throw that kind of money away.
At any rate ARE thanks for the memories!! (and don't create anymore at are expense)
Old 03-13-2006, 01:06 AM   #5
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Jeez guys, he said he would not change teams if it were a million or so difference, everyone knows there was no way the Steelers were going to be within a couple million of that Washington offer. He did what he said he would do. This being the League that it is, I dont blame him, he got a HUGE amount of garunteed money you can't blame him for it. What if he gets injured next season, now he has enough money to not have to worry about it. I probably would have done the same in his shoes. This is his chance to try to be the for sure #1 or 2 and get to cash in, that would never have come from the Steelers. It sucks to see him go, thanks for his success and now it is time to move on. It just makes it easier to go out and look for a tall receiver (Plax like, but with class) to compliment Ward IMO.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:11 AM   #6
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

he is not better then moss so he won't be a number one, and hell brandon might be better then him, so he might just be an overpaid number 3
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:14 AM   #7
Randle el#82
Water Boy

Member Number: 813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead
Jeez guys, he said he would not change teams if it were a million or so difference, everyone knows there was no way the Steelers were going to be within a couple million of that Washington offer. He did what he said he would do. This being the League that it is, I dont blame him, he got a HUGE amount of garunteed money you can't blame him for it. What if he gets injured next season, now he has enough money to not have to worry about it. I probably would have done the same in his shoes. This is his chance to try to be the for sure #1 or 2 and get to cash in, that would never have come from the Steelers. It sucks to see him go, thanks for his success and now it is time to move on. It just makes it easier to go out and look for a tall receiver (Plax like, but with class) to compliment Ward IMO.

soo true
Randle el #82
Randle el#82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:19 AM   #8
SteelR1
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 512

Very interesting move, cant say I saw it coming. I though for sure he would be in Chicago, with the great defense and all.

Good Luck to ya ARE,
Old 03-13-2006, 02:52 AM   #9
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

Yeah man...i think some of us need to calm down in here. Yeah, the almighty dollar got the best of him. No question there. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if he hadn't said it wasn't about the money from the get go. Personally, i'll miss him for what he brought to the team. There will be some resentment about the way he went about things, but we knew we coulnd't expect to keep him. In the end, we knew he was gone. No need to hate the guy. He was once a Steeler who helped get the Lombardi.
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:36 AM   #10
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead
Jeez guys, he said he would not change teams if it were a million or so difference, This being the League that it is, I dont blame him, he got a HUGE amount of garunteed money you can't blame him for it. I probably would have done the same in his shoes. It sucks to see him go, thanks for his success and now it is time to move on.
I agree 100%.