Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 10-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,967 Times in 3,516 Posts
Default Carson Palmer Has Lost It Completely

For years after his 2005 knee injury Carson Palmer has been drawing unjustified praise, although after the Bengals collapsed against the Jets in the playoffs last season even Peter King at SI, a huge Palmer fan, began to express some doubts.

Have no more doubt - Palmer is somewhere between a journeyman and bad. Since the Steelers were off today I watched a fair amount of Bengals-Bucs on Sunday Ticket.

Palmer's first half pick led to the Bucs first TD, his second INT with around 2:30 left (on a 3rd and 13 where the Bengals should have run and punted) gave the ball back to the Bucs at midfield to tie the game with 1:30 left, and his third pick which was run back to the Bengal 30 with 14 seconds left resulted in last second FG to win it 24-21.

I have no clue how this Bengals team beat the Ravens - hopefully the Bengals will have collapsed completely by the time the Steelers play in Cincy in early November on Monday night.
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296
Default Re: Carson Palmer Has Lost It Completely

Don't tempt fate, I'm not writing off Carson just yet. Let's beat 'em a couple times first.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
Don't tempt fate, I'm not writing off Carson just yet. Let's beat 'em a couple times first.
It is not just a matter of a bad game today = this is what King wrote last Monday before today's debacle

I think this thought occurred to me while watching Carson Palmer struggle in the first quarter of the season: He's owed $53 million over the next four years, but whether there's a salary cap next year or not, the Bengals could cut him and not have a dime count against a cap.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz11PhXTl2E

Anything is possible and these observations may be mocked a month from now but Palmer does not appear to have gained much benefit from having 2 diva receivers - Benson was the only offensive threat who showed well today
Old 10-10-2010, 04:37 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,866 Times in 3,720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
for what its worth, palmer sucked in both games vs the steelers last year.

the steelers beat themselves.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:12 PM   #5
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,785 Times in 1,614 Posts

palmer hasn't played 5 good games in the last 3+ seasons .... will the bungholes shell out the 50+ million still on his contract over the next 5 years ?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:44 PM   #6
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

I have to admit, the Bengals were starting to look scarey good when Plamer was slinging it to Chad Johnson, TJ Houshmandzadeh, and a young Chris Henry.

Of course in typical Bengals fashion everything completely blows up:

Chad Johnson ego trips and changes his name (amongst several other shenanigans) causing unnecessary distraction for the team.

Housh cracks under the pressure of a perennially problematic franchise and gets himself out of dodge.

Henry get himself in legal trouble several times before getting himself killed.

Of course Palmer's injury problems didn't/don't help (there's speculation that his elbow he opted not to have surgery on last season didn't properly heal without that surgery) but in all honesty the Bengals franchise is a completely joke, its just a circus.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:56 PM   #7
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Could it be that the rest of the world is finally waking up to what we here at SF have known for years?

The bengals suck.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:21 PM   #8
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful

I was watching the highlights today and I noticed that Palmer no longer has the zip on the ball that he used to have. The velocity is just isn't there anymore. For some reason the media hasn't taken note of the fact that he hasn't been the same since Kimo took him out.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:55 PM   #9
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,785 Times in 1,614 Posts

the bunghole faithful are already starting to throw in the towel...

Quote:
I agree! we will be lucky to win 6 games this year. Here I thought we'd go 13-3 what a joke! I don't know why I do this to myself every year!!!!

Quote:
Anybody that doesn't think this season is over is crazy. Last year was obviously a fluke. This team has reverted to the dreaded "same-ol-bengals" mentality. They are going to find a way to lose somehow. I've been a fan of this teams as long as I can remember and that goes back into 1980. How in the past 20 years can you not have back-back winning seasons? It isn't going to happen this year. I've seen this too many times to not recognize it when I see it. Brat will stay even though he should have been fired a few years ago. At this point I'm hoping football is locked out in 2011 so I don't have to keep suffering. I love football, imagine how much I would love it if cheering for your team isn't so pointless. I think it's time to move on Mike Brown. Lets just join the UFL and you can win some championships in that league, IF we can.
Quote:
This season has been a joke and an embarrassment.
Quote:
The Rams have a better chance at making playoffs than we do this year. No sarcasm, no joke. I'm being completely serious here.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:20 AM   #10
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Peter King definitely has jumped off the Carson Palmer bandwagon

Palmer's season is now officially a three-alarm fire. The Bengals overcame an awful telegraphed interception he threw -- returned by rookie Cody Grimm for a first-half touchdown -- to lead 21-14 in a game they had to win (home against Tampa) if they hoped to muscle into the AFC playoff race. Then Palmer threw two more interceptions in the final 2:30 to blow the game....

Carson Palmer looks like a shot-putter, not a quarterback.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp